Are there any jewelry making cruisers here?

tlovesdis

I dabble in making jewelry! I decided to make a few things to match some of my dresses on my upcoming October cruise. I did my first set last night. It's nothing fancy, just some seashells, green glass and wood beads, but I think it turned out pretty good. It will go great with one of my dresses that is kind of "beachy".

Anyone else out there???

Here is what I made:

HPIM0805.jpg

HPIM0806.jpg

HPIM0807.jpg

Tina in Antioch, CA

NCL Star 10/18/08

First cruise EVER

Proud WW member - down 59.2 pounds

I make jewelry too. I have made necklaces for formal night for my last two cruises. One is white and crystal three strand, and the other one was pink and black discs. I usually make " cruise charm braclets for ladies in our group, then they can add to it . Mine is getting pretty heavy.

I really like the set you made. It's real summery and beachy. Where are ;you cruising to?

I make jewelry too. I have made necklaces for formal night for my last two cruises. One is white and crystal three strand, and the other one was pink and black discs. I usually make " cruise charm braclets for ladies in our group, then they can add to it . Mine is getting pretty heavy.

I really like the set you made. It's real summery and beachy. Where are ;you cruising to?

Thanks!

I would love to see the white and crystal three strand you made!

We are crusing to the Mexican Riviera on NCL! It's our first cruise and I can't wait!

I plan on making several bracelets and more earrings before we go. I kind of like how the necklace turned out so I may make a few more of those as well!

Tina

are in Cinco Soles in Mex..check on line for your ports of call..also was at Tuesday Mornings , and there is a power panel with such finery on it..also so premade things for parts.. I do this stuff as well as re-do evening bags..I must have 35-40 of them..just got 2 more gently used from the UK las week

Luckycruiser, the beaded bags sound awesome. Seed beads? I've got ton's of them, but haven't done much with them the last couple of years.

tlovesdis: If I knew about uploading, downloading, and all that I would show you, but sometimes just making the bed is a challenge!:D

You are going to love looking at all the jewelry in Mexico. And try to keep calm when the ship brings out all the "chain by the inch" for the big sale. I've never bought any, but hear from CC posters it can turn green.

I love beading and have been creating bead lanyards for our upcoming cruise. That way I have someplace to hang my cruise card. I decided to make a different one for each day. It helps pass the time until the cruise starts! Only 20 more sleeps until we leave on a b2b to Alaska.:p

I love beading and have been creating bead lanyards for our upcoming cruise. That way I have someplace to hang my cruise card. I decided to make a different one for each day. It helps pass the time until the cruise starts! Only 20 more sleeps until we leave on a b2b to Alaska.:p

I've made several ID holders in the past as well as eye glass holders for my mom. I never thought to make some holders for my cruise! Hmmmmm! Now I have to get more beads! Gee, thanks a lot! LOL!!!! :D

Tina

I plan on making some dichroic jewelery for my next cruise - we should have our kiln by then. My cousin has started doing beaded jewelery. I would like to make cabachons and pendants and have him do the stringing. I figure to start small - I have seen some beautiful work at the fusing socials our glass supply store has - maybe someday I'll try the silver clay.

I just can't get into making the beads - I am sort of klutzy and working with flames sounds a little dangerous. Maybe someday!

I also want to make lanyards for my next cruise but I have a question. I know how the beading goes but what do you use for the clasps? I like the break-away clasp but I don't think you can use them on these or can you???

I also want to make lanyards for my next cruise but I have a question. I know how the beading goes but what do you use for the clasps? I like the break-away clasp but I don't think you can use them on these or can you???

I've never used the breakaway kind. Here are a few I've made:

100_3557.jpg

100_3651.jpg

Now thats lanyards!!!! Those are great. I guess you really don't need breakaways If it gets caught and you pull hard enough they will break:eek: i will make one soon and if I can remember how to download the pic I'll show you what I made.:) And if they do break taking a few extra beads and clips don't take that much space and weight!!!

I've never used the breakaway kind. Here are a few I've made:

100_3557.jpg

100_3651.jpg

Hi,

Just one question ... please ...

I can't figure out how you attached the big ring to your beads. Did you just use a crimp or did you use a split ring, or something like that?

I love your lanyards!!!

Thank you,

Lynn

I dabble in making jewelry! I decided to make a few things to match some of my dresses on my upcoming October cruise. I did my first set last night. It's nothing fancy, just some seashells, green glass and wood beads, but I think it turned out pretty good. It will go great with one of my dresses that is kind of "beachy".

Anyone else out there???

Here is what I made:

HPIM0805.jpg

HPIM0806.jpg

HPIM0807.jpg

Tina in Antioch, CA

NCL Star 10/18/08

First cruise EVER

Proud WW member - down 59.2 pounds

I have my own jewelry line and I have made several necklaces with the metal pendant you have on your necklace! You made a very nice set. Enjoy your cruise, you will love it!

I have my own jewelry line and I have made several necklaces with the metal pendant you have on your necklace! You made a very nice set. Enjoy your cruise, you will love it!

Thank you!

I would love to see some of your work!!!

Tina

Anyone else out there???

Here is what I made:

HPIM0805.jpg

They look great :D

I really enjoy making jewellery too.

I've made several beaded bracelets and necklaces to take along on my cruises :D Makes you feel special when you get compliments on jewellery you've made yourself doesn't it :D

I've dabbled in jewelry making. I made all the necklaces and earrings for my attendants at my wedding a year ago. They were very pretty.

They were from the book Simply Pearls by Nancy Alden. Also seen here, they are the 11th necklace in from the right pearls with charlottes. The pattern in the book was a bit off so I modified it and did a modified version for my flower girl. Unfortunately all the pics I have with good views are copyrighted so can't post them. I used slightly different colors and as I prefer silver used silver charlottes instead of the gold used.

I have some pearls and beads left over, I want to string the pearls but haven't had the time. too busy crocheting shawls for my upcoming cruise and looking for dresses!

I love the necklace and earring's you've made! I adore the lanyards! I will make some for my sisters, mom, and myself for our cruise in Dec! Yippee, new ideas...

(I need some shells and stuff for my own cruise inspired necklace..)

Thanks,

B

Thanks!

I made the lanyards a long time ago and tried to sell them on Ebay, with no luck so they are just sitting in my craft room! I have about 5. I am going to take them with me to use on the cruise!!

I am going to be making a few more pieces and I will post those as well.

Would love to see pics of other peoples work!!!

Archived