Best Beach For Someone Going By Themself - Cozumel

Hapinowagain2

While in Cozumel, my husband wants to visit the ruins. Since I have bad knees and have had surgery on one of them, I cannot climb. So, I thought I would go to the beach while he visits the ruins. What would be the best beach for me and would I be able to get transportation at the dock.

Paridise beach AKA Tom' place would be a great choice. You can read lots about it on the ports of call site. Pending your dock location Tom is advertising it as passengers disembark. Like all locations it is a short taxi ride away. Good food, music, shade beach chairs and water toys if you choose to use them. very clean restrooms and changing area.

Have fun

I have had three total knee operations and I really enjoyed going to the ruins at Tulum. We took a ship's tour that included bus transport to the park. For a dollar they run a shuttle from the parking area to the ruins. I was the only one in the group to use this service but it really cut down on the walking. I did not climb any of the ruins but was close enough to the guide to hear all the discussions.

Haven't been to Paradise Beach yet, but it sounds great. We always went to the park at Chakanab (probably not spelled correctly).

The park is beautiful with accessible ruins, a great beach, all services, and a snorkeling area that is thick with fish.

The cabbies have always been honest and reliable from the pier. There is a nominal charge to enter the park.

Enjoy the pier area also - many fun spots for a quick snack and a cold beverage. Also, terrific cheap silver jewelry everywhere!

Here's another vote for Paradise Beach. I read so much about it on the port of call board that we decided to try it and we sure weren't disappointed. They will provide a free beach chair if you order one drink. We spent the entire day there and had a wonderful, relaxing day. Their lunch is great and the facilities are very clean. Paradise Tom is from Toronto and is the manager. Hop on over to the Cozumel Board and ask him a question.

We loved our day at Chankanaab last December. The beach had plenty of shady palapas (for me) and the water was beautiful but a bit rough for snorkeling that day. The "ruins" there are reproductions from different areas of Mexico--but still nice to look at.

Archived