Princess EZ-Check

CruiseAholic

Let me tell you, if passengers don't take advantage of this option in Vancouver, they should.

Disembarked the Coral Princess in Vancouver yesterday (8/4) after a fantastic 8-day land tour and 7-day cruise.

This option ($16 per person) was unbelievable, went so smooth and we by-passed the main terminal. We were off the ship, and sitting at the gate at 9:30 a.m.

Heard passengers complaining (as they were arriving late) that they didn't do it because of the cost (oh pulease!)

I've sat in the Vancouver terminal and stood in line for close to 3 hours to go thru check-in and customs and this would have been worth much more than $16!

If only it was available at all the ports! We are arriving in NY on the Sea Princess with a 4pm flight. It would be great if we didn't have to deal with the luggage but not an option at this time. We could always hope that by the time we arrive it's available.

Sounds great. Can you arrange EZ check while on board or do you have to do it before you sail?

Thanks in advance for the information.

Only when on board.

It does not apply to all airlines at the ports it can be used. Also, it can only be used if all flights home are on the same airline.

What exactly is EZ Check?

You put your luggage out the last night.

Some ports you will not see the luggage until you get to your home airport.

Some ports you must find your luggage in the cruise terminal, walk it through customs, bring it to the correct place outside customs, and then see it next at your home airport.

In other words, you do not have to bring the luggage to the airport and check it in yourself.

Also, you get your boarding passes for your flight(s) and thus when you get to the airport, you can go straight to security and your gate, bypassing counter checkin.

Not all ports have this option. Not all airlines can be used with this option (varies by port).

You put your luggage out the last night.

Some ports you will not see the luggage until you get to your home airport.

Some ports you must find your luggage in the cruise terminal, walk it through customs, bring it to the correct place outside customs, and then see it next at your home airport.

In other words, you do not have to bring the luggage to the airport and check it in yourself.

Also, you get your boarding passes for your flight(s) and thus when you get to the airport, you can go straight to security and your gate, bypassing counter checkin.

Not all ports have this option. Not all airlines can be used with this option (varies by port).

Oh. I didn't know that was available. Sounds like it's worth the $ to avoid the hassle when it's available. Thanks for the info.

Let me tell you, if passengers don't take advantage of this option in Vancouver, they should.

Disembarked the Coral Princess in Vancouver yesterday (8/4) after a fantastic 8-day land tour and 7-day cruise.

This option ($16 per person) was unbelievable, went so smooth and we by-passed the main terminal. We were off the ship, and sitting at the gate at 9:30 a.m.

Heard passengers complaining (as they were arriving late) that they didn't do it because of the cost (oh pulease!)

I've sat in the Vancouver terminal and stood in line for close to 3 hours to go thru check-in and customs and this would have been worth much more than $16!

I have to agree with you. We just did this on our last cruise on the Coral in Vancouver and it was as it says. Very easy, no trouble, everything worked out perfect and did not see our luggage until SFO where we got off.

Marilyn

I have to agree with you. We just did this on our last cruise on the Coral in Vancouver and it was as it says. Very easy, no trouble, everything worked out perfect and did not see our luggage until SFO where we got off.

Marilyn

Marilyn -- Is this what is also known as "US Direct" program??? I am curious because I would like to do this on my upcoming AK cruise, when we get off the ship in Vancouver & head to YVR. Just want to know if this is the same thing so I am not confused.

Thanks

Renée

Marilyn -- Is this what is also known as "US Direct" program??? I am curious because I would like to do this on my upcoming AK cruise, when we get off the ship in Vancouver & head to YVR. Just want to know if this is the same thing so I am not confused.

Thanks

Renée

Renee, yes it is. I have no idea why they changed the name but they did. it is one in the same. You will find the info about mid cruise in your mailbox to sign up.

• 2 months later...

Hi ..this is Trish..fellow south high grad..saw you at bob and carolines...there is a large group of my friends going on a carnival victory cruise out of san juan in february..I have never salied on carnival..any insight you have to this ship and/or cruise line would be helpful..I am trying to decide if I even want to consider going..

The EZ check is great for European departures if you can afford it.

The Easy Check on board airline check in would be great if they offer it at more USA and San Juan embarkation ports. We will see soon, if it's been assigned to Puerto Rico.

Bon Voyage

What about baggage that goes over the weight limit? :rolleyes:..:confused:

On our Hawaiian cruise we used EasyCheck, and it was terrific. We didn't see our luggage from the last night of the cruise until we arrived at our home airport. One of our bags had a large red tag reading "Overweight" but we never heard anything from Continental. We thought one bag might be too heavy so we were listening for a page at LAX which never came. However, that was in early Feb. '08 before all of the big changes in air travel.

So, this EZ CHECK is not necessarily PORT specific, but SHIP specific?

We are cruising EMERALD PRINCESS.

I think the other way around - that it depends on the port you are in. We were on the CB last January and it was available, but it was not available in NYC on the CB from others are saying.

There's a Flicker web page with a copy of the Fort Lauderdale Easy Check form.

The details apply to Fort Lauderdale only, but it does provide a good description of the process.

Princess EasyCheck Luggage Valet & Airline Check-in Service

Too bad Princess doesn't maintain a web page listing the ports where EasyCheck is on offer.

The EZ check is great for European departures if you can afford it.

The Easy Check on board airline check in would be great if they offer it at more USA and San Juan embarkation ports. We will see soon, if it's been assigned to Puerto Rico.

Bon Voyage

I utilized EasyCheck from Crown Princess in San Juan last February, but it was for USA domestic flights only.

What is the fee for European destinations? Are any Europe/USA ports available.

EasyCheck is an excellent program, especially for SJU. That airport's a zoo.

Princess needs to devote part of their web site to EasyCheck details.