What is right of the ship in Antigua?

txwildflower2002

We found this curious little place in 'downtown' St.Johns...

Hangups.jpg

with the most amazing array of wind chimes all hanging from the ceiling!

and then there's a leafy touristy area with shops, and an ice-cream place

-if I'm not mistaken run by an Australian guy??

Antigua-166.jpg

...accessible via this boardwalk...leading right to it..

Antigua_Boardwalk-171.jpg

except you'll be heading in the opposite direction to these folks..

Antigua's okay!

AntiguaDockside-167.jpg

This area shown is at the base of 'the other' pier at Antigua

where smaller ships tend to dock.

That's Braemar and Regatta in the background.

Aplmac,

Love the pics of Antigua. Do you have any more? ===> Lots!

I'd love to see more of this island.

If you know how to navigate around a Photobucket account

you're welcome to have a good dig-around in my stash, over at URL..

http://s177.photobucket.com/albums/w219/aplmac/Carnival%20DESTINY%20-%20May%2007/

where there are pics from TWO Eastern Caribbean cruises!

Don't forget to look over in the upper left hand column for sub-folders

with island names on them. Click on them for more pics.

You'll see ANTIGUA, SINT MAARTEN, ST.LUCIA, Destiny Interiors

- those are all more pics.

This URL above will put you at the entry page for our Carnival Destiny cruise in May 07

but you'll also see a cruise on Ocean Village Two, in Jan. 08. if you click on aplmac

Click on everything that's clickable - and again, there's more named folders over on the upper left of ea. cruise!

If you know how to navigate around a Photobucket account

you're welcome to have a good dig-around in my stash, over at URL..

http://s177.photobucket.com/albums/w219/aplmac/Carnival%20DESTINY%20-%20May%2007/

where there are pics from TWO Eastern Caribbean cruises!

Don't forget to look over in the upper left hand column for sub-folders

with island names on them. Click on them for more pics.

You'll see ANTIGUA, SINT MAARTEN, ST.LUCIA, Destiny Interiors

- those are all more pics.

This URL above will put you at the entry page for our Carnival Destiny cruise in May 07

but you'll also see a cruise on Ocean Village Two, in Jan. 08. if you click on aplmac

Click on everything that's clickable - and again, there's more named folders over on the upper left of ea. cruise!

I'm on my way there now. Thanks so much!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Beaches within a 10 minute drive would include Fort James, Runaway and the ever popular Dickinson Bay.

Around town you could walk to the Museum, Cathedral and craft and food markets as well as shops and restaurants.

My least favorite day of a 14 day vacation to Antigua was the one we spent in the town.

Karysa

Beaches within a 10 minute drive would include Fort James, Runaway and the ever popular Dickinson Bay.

Around town you could walk to the Museum, Cathedral and craft and food markets as well as shops and restaurants.

My least favorite day of a 14 day vacation to Antigua was the one we spent in the town.

Karysa

Which beach do you reccomend? We are leaning towards runaway, because we've heard it is less crowded and has horses for hire. Did you do any good snorkling in Antigua, because we are up for that also. Thanks~

We spent a nice morning on Runaway Bay. we went to the area nearest to Dickinson. It was really nice but we brought chairs from the villa we rented and drinks and I do not recall any of those things at that end of the beach. I don't recall hearing that there is any great snorkeling at runaway bay. We last visited Antigua in 2007 and the snorkeling was nothing like I remembered when we visited in 1992. Fort James Bay was really nice as well and there was a restaurant closer to Runaway than we were. The area between where you park your car and the beach was not as kept up as other beaches but the beach was lovely. The only downside to me about the beaches on this side of the island and it is probably not a biggie for anyone else but I think that it took away from the whole island relaxing thing was there is an oil pumping station or something to that line. When we were in Antigua there was a "working boat" their for days at a time not far from shore so it is quite visible but definitely far enough out that it is no where near people swimming but I found it to be distracting. I found that it was more distracting from Runaway and FT. James than from Dickinson. I don't think that I have ever read anything about it on the boards so it is probably something that bothered me more than most.

Karysa

Archived