Do I need to let anyone know its my birthday on board ?

chelle40

hi all

I will be cruising on september 20th on Pacific Sun N833 and celebrating my 40th birthday while on board and was just wondering..do I need to notify the cruise of this?

I havent really got any set plans just going to see what happens and have a few drinks with friends and fellow cruisers.

Has anyone else celebrated an actual birthday on board? If so what did you do?

Cheers

Michelle

hi all

I will be cruising on september 20th on Pacific Sun N833 and celebrating my 40th birthday while on board and was just wondering..do I need to notify the cruise of this?

I havent really got any set plans just going to see what happens and have a few drinks with friends and fellow cruisers.

Cheers

Michelle

Hi Michelle,

You will find that you will have balloons on your door and your cabin stewards will make a fuss over you...no need to tell anyone...they already know.

usually, your waiters will know as well....lots of singing at your table coming up!!

See you on the ship!!

:D

The cruiselines know from your documentation who has birthdays. On Princess, they put balloons on your door, and a LITTLE cake and a singalong at dinner from your waiters and the Head waiter/Asst Maitre'd, whoever. They dont give much away. Actually on Carnival Spirit, doing Alaska in 2005, I got a bottle of bubbly as well.

hi all

Cheers

Michelle

Hi!

I had my birthday on board Pacific Star last year, and will have it on board Pacific Dawn this year (yes, I know, I'm spoilt!).

They will know, from your booking that it is your birthday, and on they day you'll probably get a sign on the door, or balloons or both, and you'll get a little cake brought to your table at dinner, with a signed card from the captain. There are also other packages available, if you ring P&O or check with the pursers desk once on board they'll advise you.

2074784490078909071S500x500Q85.jpg

Hubby celebrated his birthday when we did our Asian cruise on the Sky. We got back from Penang and there were a couple of signs and notices and lots of balloons from our cabin stewards. It was a great surprise and at dinner our table waiters bought out a little cake with candle and all sang happy birthday. :D :o . It was the perfect end to a fantastic day.:D Kerri

thanks everyone for the advice.....i am so looking forward to it ....i am sure it will be the best birthday ever....so "cloakndagger" are u on our cruise as well?

Yes!!!! Just off to pay my TA today!! It's your b'day the day we sail isn't it??

If you want anything organised before hand, let me know...You can get a big birthday cake organised for the dinner table too if you want...(I can get a price for you)...I asked for a bowl of strawberries for my other half...he loves em.

email me....kazdaetz at hotmail dot com

Yes!!!! Just off to pay my TA today!! It's your b'day the day we sail isn't it??

If you want anything organised before hand, let me know...You can get a big birthday cake organised for the dinner table too if you want...(I can get a price for you)...I asked for a bowl of strawberries for my other half...he loves em.

email me....kazdaetz at hotmail dot com

no my birthday is the 23rd the day we are in Lifou...will email you for ckes prices

cheers

michelle

My husband celebrated his birthday on our cruise in May. We were most disappointed to find there were no balloons or sign on our cabin door. I even had to go to the purser's office and "beg" for some balloons for him on the day of his birthday. I thought it would be a "given" that there would be balloons, as some of the posters have said. However, as our cabin steward was less than ordinary, I wonder if this is why we didn't have them??

I also organised a cake for him which we shared with our table at dinner that night.

It's my 40th on our 2nd cruise in March next year, so hopefully, there will be balloons waiting for me ;).

Tell your T/A Its your birthday but if somone wants to order cake and bubbley its best done through P&O.

Two cruises two big birthdays 1, 40th 1, 50th two great upgrades!

Both cruises we had to buy the cakes (You cant eat them after dinner anyway:eek: ) If you book through a t/A you may have to tell the steward its your birthday as on both ours the stewards had no idea until we told them.

If you book a cake and bubbley trough the T/A you have to tell the wait staff about it or it wont come out.

If you do it through P&O they know when to bring it out.

Den

Once on board, I spoke to the maitre de to let them know it was my husbands 50th Birthday. I paid $25 for a huge cake and two bottles of champagne on P & O Pacific Sky. Balloons were on our dinner table, the staff sang happy birthday, it was a real surprise for my husband. We had a table of 5 so we had one bottle of sparkling at desert time that night with the staff keeping the 2nd bottle for our table for the next night. We only ate a little bit of the huge beautiful cake, so asked our waiting staff to take it to share with other staff.

Have a great cruise, and a great birthday,

Carol

I wish I was going to be on a P&O ship now for my 50th! We are sailing on Rhapsody of the Seas, setting out on my actual birthday and I have a feeling that there won't be any celebrations from the ship.... they have packages you have to buy e.g. romance, wedding, birthday, special occasions.

I was going to organise a romance one but after the dramas we have had, I am not confident that it would go smoothly.

Will let you know what, if anything happens, when I return after my October birthday cruise.

I wish I was going to be on a P&O ship now for my 50th! We are sailing on Rhapsody of the Seas, setting out on my actual birthday and I have a feeling that there won't be any celebrations from the ship.... they have packages you have to buy e.g. romance, wedding, birthday, special occasions.

I was going to organise a romance one but after the dramas we have had, I am not confident that it would go smoothly.

Will let you know what, if anything happens, when I return after my October birthday cruise.

Dont be worrying about your own birthday as I am sure sombody else will know!

Den

Archived