Wine Tastings??

cruiserdru

When we were on the Island Princess in 2004, they offered two wine tastings -- one quite nice and one high end. At both, the wines were paired with specific hors doeuvres that complemented the individual wines.

Does any one know if such events are offered on all the ships?

We are going on the Caribbean Princess on 10/19 and I would love to do this again. It was a very memorable and educational experience. I have done this on the QM2 but it was nothing compared to what Princess did.

Got my fingers crossed.

When we were on the Island Princess in 2004, they offered two wine tastings -- one quite nice and one high end. At both, the wines were paired with specific hors doeuvres that complemented the individual wines.

Does any one know if such events are offered on all the ships?

We are going on the Caribbean Princess on 10/19 and I would love to do this again. It was a very memorable and educational experience. I have done this on the QM2 but it was nothing compared to what Princess did.

Got my fingers crossed.

I sailed the Caribbean Princess last month and participated in the lesser of the two tastings. I've been to several tastings at the vineyards on Long Island and enjoyed them all, I felt the one on the ship was a waste of time and money. The selections were average but the real downfall was the massive amount of people in the dining room with bad acoustics, and the conducter dragging it out. If you get good feedback on the higher end one opt for that instead, also the appetizers consisted of cheese, cracker and grapes. Good Luck (I know there is a coupon in the coupon booklet for the higher end tasting)

We did the higher end tasting on the Island Princess. They held it in the specialty restaurant and it was fantastic. Yes, the restaurant was filled but it is a small venue so there was no problem.

Am so glad that it is available and we will definitely go again. :D

Archived