Dining Room Menu Available Via Room Service

We are on Grandeur next month and I seem to recall that on Mariner maybe the offered the dining room menu through room service during dining hours.??/ Our port calls all end near early seating so we took late which we prefer but it's 8:30 which is really late... wondering if you can order off the main menu in your stateroom???? Can't find on RCI website.

You can order SOME of the menu items--not all, though! Can't get the lobster tail (and they get smaller everytime!) from room service. And, unless you have a dining table (a suite), it's going to be hard to eat a full meal off the coffee table. The table is small and low and room service brings multiple plates....it 's just difficult to eat something other than snack-type (hand-held) foods!

There is usually a menu posted on the TV telling what's available for dinner. As CB mentioned lobster can't be ordered, the filet isn't on the menu either. One night I tried to order the filet because it was on the regular dinner menu, but was told it wasn't available for room service but the "other" steak that is available as an alternative nightly would be.

We have eaten dinner in the cabin and it wasn't difficult. The tray was put on the desk and we used the table in the cabin for the different courses. It might not make for the best service, but it works for us. Obviously, it must work for others too as room service is usually quite busy.

Enjoy your cruise.

You might ask recent Grandeur cruisers if there are sort of special stations in the Windjammer in the evernings. When I was on the Splendour, there was a made to order stirfry station. I picked out the ingrediants and they cooked my dinner for me. It may not have been Chops or Portofino, but it sure was tasty!

Archived