Looking for hotel in Boston near Port in October

cruisers4ever

here's a link to port area lodging

http://hotel-guides.us/massachusetts/boston-ma-cruise-port-hotels.html

I don't stay at many of these since I'm local but I did stay at the BostonHarbor Hotel for a wedding last month and it was fabulous. It is VERY pricy but is close to all of the big tourist attractions. There are more reasonable hotels in the $200-250 range nearby.

014412A.jpg

014412E.jpg

014412B.jpg

014412C.jpg

Boston is a small city and easy to get around. The two hotels closest to the pier are the Westin Convention Center and the Seaport. However, the location is boring. Almost any other hotel will be located near something interesting.

See what you can find - October is a tough month. People are attending parent's weekends, fall sporting events, and leaf watching. Just ask again when you have some specific hotels.

We stayed at the Comfort Inn, Logan Airport and it is very nice. They have a restaurant in the hotel (Mexican & not owned by the hotel which is really good). The free breakfast is also very nice with eggs & waffles etc. They have a shuttle from the airport but will not take you to the pier. This hotel is in Revere right next to the Necco Candy plant.

If you have a car the best bet is the Best Western in Quincey. It is further from Boston BUT they will park your car for the week and take you to the pier. I have never stayed there. They also have a restaurant and offer an airport shuttle.

Hope this helps

If you're coming in a few days early, you don't have to stay near the cruise ship terminal. Anywhere near Copley Square and you're rigt in the action. Fairmount Copley or Westin or even the Back Bay Sheraton. Or try the Harborside Inn or Marriot Custom House to be near the water. My sister stayed at the Harborside and enjoyed it. A great new place is the Liberty Hotel--used to be a jail. If you are trying to save money and need to stay outside of the city, be sure to be on the subway line (T), the Blue Line for north of the city near the airport or the red line for south of the city.

If you're coming in a few days early, you don't have to stay near the cruise ship terminal. Anywhere near Copley Square and you're rigt in the action. Fairmount Copley or Westin or even the Back Bay Sheraton. Or try the Harborside Inn or Marriot Custom House to be near the water. My sister stayed at the Harborside and enjoyed it. A great new place is the Liberty Hotel--used to be a jail. If you are trying to save money and need to stay outside of the city, be sure to be on the subway line (T), the Blue Line for north of the city near the airport or the red line for south of the city.

Please stsy in Copley Sq you can walk anywhere.. I love my old hometown and there is so much to do there. look also around tremont street area.. pricey but good area

Hi -

I just posted a message about avoiding the Best Western Adams Inn in Quincy. My message is at the "east coast departures" section of the message boards. You might want to read it before reserving this hotel. We found it entirely unsatisfactory.

-Liz

We are sailing in October...coming in early to Boston a few days to enjoy the city...any recommendations? thanks

What kind of stuff do you look for in a city? Restaurants, shopping, oceanfront, inexpensive, museums? How much luxury do you want? What's your tolerance for mass transit and walking?

I second what everyone else has said, if you've got the option, do not stay by the port. The hotels there serve the convention facility, but there's not much else there, not for many years to come. Stay somewhere else and take a cab on your way to the ship.

Archived