Boston recommendations from a resident

rhondakap

If money is not your primary concern, have you considered staying in town instead of at the airport? I would recommend the Marriott or the Westin at Copley Place. This gives you easy access to the Mass Turnpike to go out to Concord (which is next to where I live in Carlisle). You would also have access to Route 93 to go to Salem. It also gives you access to the indoor mall with all its shops and restaurants. Much more interesting than a boring motel at the airport. Boston is very small and almost any hotel downtown would be in an interesting location and be accessible to the roads out of town.

Unfortunately, I don't know anything about private tours in Boston. Hopefully, someone else will be able to make suggestions.

• 4 weeks later...

Suggestions for the best seafood...Legal Sea food (their chowder is awesome) and Skipjack's. Try the Skipjack style swordfish! My favorite, but everything is good.

There is a Legal in the Pru shopping area and Skipjack's is just off Copley Square on Clarendon St. (I think).

• 1 month later...
Wife would like to see U.S.S. Constitution. What's the best way to get there from the pier? Haven't been to Boston in over twenty years and have forgotten everything I need to know. Thanks.

There is a water shuttle that goes from Long Wharf (by the Aquarium) to the Charlestown Navy Yard, where the USS Constitution is located. The cost is only $1.70 each way -- info is on the MBTA website. If you take a taxi or the bus, you will be stuck in traffic, and it is a bit of a hike to walk from the subway stop at North Station.

Make sure to check out the USS Constitution website before you go -- they may have limited hours or even be closed on certain days of the week, depending on staffing.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived