Change in ports due to Hurricane

MEGADAN

Where does Disney send the 4 Day Wonder if there is a hurricane or storm in the Bahamas.

Do they go somewhere else, cancel it or stay at sea? Just curious, no worries here. We always cruise the last week of August. I am curious if anyone has had any experiences with storms or hurricane changing your 4 day cruise.

Thanks

I do not have any personal experience but I have read of people having change ports and at times an extra day at sea. I think once the Magic even ended up in Galveston Texas and I think another time the Wonder went to Key West instead of Nassau. They go where ever they need to to get out of the way. We are getting ready to get hit by the current tropical storm/ hurricane here at home and I would rather be dealing with a change in port rather then putting up hurricane shutters! I hope you have a great trip!:)

We once lost Key West and gained Galveston and Costa Maya and 4 extra days once on aDisney Cruise. We ended up docking in FLL (I think)... the entire cruise was re-arranged due to a hurricane... we skipped our first port and then went around the opposite way we were suppose to... it was great nevertheless....:)

I'd consider that a positive change. ;)

Really? Key West does nothing for me and I like St Marteen. Different strokes I guess.

Clermont has lost a lot of it's hills in the last 8 years. We are gonna have to rename it Ocoee/Wintergarden part II soon. Or the filed down hills of Clermont. ;) When they start shaving down Sugarloaf to put up more crap stores we don't need I am outa here for good. :)

Really? Key West does nothing for me and I like St Marteen. Different strokes I guess.

Clermont has lost a lot of it's hills in the last 8 years. We are gonna have to rename it Ocoee/Wintergarden part II soon. Or the filed down hills of Clermont. ;) When they start shaving down Sugarloaf to put up more crap stores we don't need I am outa here for good. :)

It's definitely no longer the beautiful area we began building a home in six years ago. I keep telling my husband that I'm going to sell this place and buy one of those condos around Lake Eola. I'd be trading traffic for traffic and at least have everything within walking distance. They are even putting up a Publix in the middle of downtown now! They have definitely begun to overbuild this area, and we still don't have a bookstore! At least we don't have the crime of Ocoee and Winter Garden--yet anyhow.

"

Tropical Weather Update

As of Friday, August 29, 2008

The safety of our guests and crew is always our first priority at Disney Cruise Line and we continually monitor a storm's progress through the National Weather Service.

At this time, we do not anticipate any changes in the August 31st voyage of the Disney Wonder or the September 1st voyage of the Disney Magic.

Should weather conditions change, our Captain can alter the ship's course or itinerary for the safety and well being of our guests. "

Got that off the Disney Web site and has not been updated yet today

Really, I love St. Martin and really didn't like too much about Key West.

Especially, later at night. And if you know anything about Key West, you know what I mean.

I wasn't thrilled with St. Martin, but I love Key West--yes, even late at night. :) We just got back from a long weekend there, and are planning another trip for next year.

I love St. Martin because you can get food on the French side, and go back to the Dutch side and get bargins on almost anything.

In fact the first time I went with my parents, this Jewlery Store wanted close to $3000 for this amazing piece. I don't know the exact specs otherthan it has Emeralds and Diamonds everwhere. Well after about an hour we walked out of there paying about $600. My parents got it appraised when we got back stateside, and it was appraised for closer to $4000.

The cruiseline will go where it is safe, avoiding the storm. Since the storms come from different directions there are not hard and fast rules where they will go. Depends on where the storm is, where it is going and if other ports are substituted, where they can get open docking space.

Hello !

What do you do with your plane reservation when the cruise adds an extra day to go around a storm ? I guess Disney takes care of arrangements of those who booked their flight through them... what about the others ?

Also, if the ship docks elsewhere... who takes care of your rental car at Port Canaveral ?

I know these may sound like stupid questions... but gets you to wonder about taking a cruise in September ???

Thank you !!

Hello !

What do you do with your plane reservation when the cruise adds an extra day to go around a storm ? I guess Disney takes care of arrangements of those who booked their flight through them... what about the others ?

Also, if the ship docks elsewhere... who takes care of your rental car at Port Canaveral ?

I know these may sound like stupid questions... but gets you to wonder about taking a cruise in September ???

Thank you !!

If you booked your own air Disney will attempt to help you make changes, but you will be responsible for any change fees. If you have travel insurance they should reimburse.

If they port eslewhere they will bus you back to PC once it's safe to do so. You again will be responsbile for additional car rental fees.

Hello !

Thank you !!

I was at Walt Disney World last year when hurricane/tropical storm Ernesto wandered through. MCO was closed and Southwest announced that we could change flights without penalty. Other airlines announced the same. It was a little tough getting out of there the next day as the airport was crowded with two days worth of passengers but not impossible.

Interestingly the day before Ernesto cam through, we were supposed to watch a shuttle launch. It was postponed but we went to Cape Canaveral anyway and I couldn't help noticing that the skies were a clear and bright blue. There was barely a cloud in sight. I had expected worse the day before a Hurricane was supposed to pass through.

Archived