princess theater production shows

silverjoe

We recently cruised the island princess to Alaska. My wife loved the production shows and she should know. My daughters have been actively involved in dance for over 20 years, and my wife can tell good dancers from bad.

My question for you frequent cruisers is: How often do they change the shows. We are going to be on the Ruby Princess in 2009 on a Mediterranean cruise and hope to see different productions.

Thanks for any experience you have with this.

You will probably see different production shows. It's more of a problem when you sail on the same ship again.

Actually the shows are quite expensive to produce and stage so to get the most out of their investments Princess presents most of the shows fleet-wide. On the smaller ships they cut down on the number of dancers to accommodate the smaller stages. I can't tell you how many times we've seen "Words and Music" over the years. I could probably do the show myself except for 2 small problems - I can't sing or dance! :rolleyes:

Princess has about six different shows and one or two of these is usually replaced by a new one each year. Only some of these shows are on each ship.

What you see on your cruise next year could be a totally different set of shows, the exact same shows, or a mixture of the two.

My daughter was the production singer on the Grand from 11/07-4/08 and will be returning in 11/08. She'll be performing the same shows as before, but not all cruise destinations see the same shows. Caribbean and European cruises differ somewhat. I'm sure this applies to other ships as well.

You will probably see different production shows. It's more of a problem when you sail on the same ship again.

I sailed on the Crown in 2006 and saw Sarge.

Two years later and on a Different Ship (CB)

saw Sarge do the same exact act.

:rolleyes:

So there goes that theory.

Good news for you!

Our son is in Italy at the shipyard for the next few weeks and is involved with setting up the new stage on the Ruby! There should be 2-3 brand new shows designed for and premiered for the first time on the Ruby!!!;)

I'm sure you will have a wonderful cruise! The Med & a new ship how fab! :cool:

Regards,

retiredtimes2 :D

I saw Sarge on land in February and I wouldn't mind seeing him again on a ship. And, I would probably have forgotten that I already saw it even if it were the same act. Does that mean I'm getting old? :eek:

I saw Sarge on land in February and I wouldn't mind seeing him again on a ship. And, I would probably have forgotten that I already saw it even if it were the same act. Does that mean I'm getting old? :eek:

No! Of course not.

Just means your happy with the way things are.

As I start watching a new movie, by the time it's half way through, that's when I realize I've seen it already...:rolleyes:...:cool:....:D

Like a good movie.

Don't mind watching it over, and over, and over again.

:D

No! Of course not.

Just means your happy with the way things are.

As I start watching a new movie, by the time it's half way through, that's when I realize I've seen it already...:rolleyes:...:cool:....:D

Like a good movie.

Don't mind watching it over, and over, and over again.

:D

Happened last night. I had taped an episode from 48 Hours and when we starting watching it I realized I had already seen it. Husband hadn't and I had forgotten most of it anyway. :D

To me, this is a good reason to try different cruiselines and even rotate them.

Definitely not a good reason once you've acquired the perks that go along with allegiance to one cruise line.

Pia

I guess it depends what is important to you. To me, one of things I do in the evenings is see the shows with my wife and (sometimes) kids. So it is a good reason TO ME (but maybe not to you). Each cruiseline provides a different type of vacation and seeing new shows is part of a different vacation. "Perks" are moneysavers but don't provide much in the way of a different vacation. If you're not "into" the shows, I suppose you place a higher priority on perks than on a variety in entertainment. I'm looking forward to seeing new (to me) shows next Spring and the summer after that when my wife and I do a Med cruise on RCI.

I guess it depends what is important to you. To me, one of things I do in the evenings is see the shows with my wife and (sometimes) kids. So it is a good reason TO ME (but maybe not to you). Each cruiseline provides a different type of vacation and seeing new shows is part of a different vacation. "Perks" are moneysavers but don't provide much in the way of a different vacation. If you're not "into" the shows, I suppose you place a higher priority on perks than on a variety in entertainment. I'm looking forward to seeing new (to me) shows next Spring and the summer after that when my wife and I do a Med cruise on RCI.

We cruise many times each year. We like the shows too, but you're talking about 2 hours of show time over a 7 day cruise. We also don't have kids to entertain, whereas you are obviously still in that stage of your life. Your priorities may change after you've cruised 20 or 30 or 40 or.....................times.

We cruise many times each year. We like the shows too, but you're talking about 2 hours of show time over a 7 day cruise. We also don't have kids to entertain, whereas you are obviously still in that stage of your life. Your priorities may change after you've cruised 20 or 30 or 40 or.....................times.

I don't disagree with you there. My last cruise had three shows. So that would have been 6 hours. Since I had seen two of them before, I was quite frustrated. We even walked around the ship. But when the main shows were going on, it seemed like there was very little entertainment going on elsewhere with the exception of outdoor movies (which I had seen in theatres, netflix, or cable). I hope that there is more to do on the Crown other than the shows and the kids are very happy to do kids camps at night.

L:DL

We're too much alike!!!!

:)

Happened last night. I had taped an episode from 48 Hours and when we starting watching it I realized I had already seen it. Husband hadn't and I had forgotten most of it anyway. :D

~~~~~~

Then you will be happy on the Crown.

They have several entertainment choices to choose from nightly.

You just have to choose which on or all you want to attend.

When we sailed on RC they only had one show nightly. And they were pretty bad.

I don't disagree with you there. My last cruise had three shows. So that would have been 6 hours. Since I had seen two of them before, I was quite frustrated. We even walked around the ship. But when the main shows were going on, it seemed like there was very little entertainment going on elsewhere with the exception of outdoor movies (which I had seen in theatres, netflix, or cable). I hope that there is more to do on the Crown other than the shows and the kids are very happy to do kids camps at night.

Several years ago I was on a Carnival ship and saw their only production show that cruise. I

n the cabin was a book published during the ship's first year which was at least six years earlier.

And in the book were pictures from that same production show.

After at least six years, Carnival saw no reason to change the show on that ship.

Archived