Brilliance Favorite Cabin

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
OK Guy's how about 7654 - Should I be worried about an obstruction looking downwards ( I know the lifeboats are not there but I think the roof of the Billiards club is below us) - Is it REALLY Bad??

Does anyone know if there is a website which shows what cabins are left (especially ones that ANY TA can book)??

[quote name='Northern Bear']We have 7172 booked for our Oct sailing. Apparently because it is a corner aft you get the full balcony that you get in a royal suite. We confirmed this last weekend when her sister ship was in port.

NB.[/QUOTE]

You will be neighbors with my friends and us on this sailing. We are in 7176 and they are next to us in 7676 and 7674! Aft is the only way to sail! ;)

We have 7514 on the Brilliance...I've seen pictures of the ship and the fore and aft balconies on 7 are deeper. Does anyone know about this room specifically? It's the first balcony room too, and am wondering if its cut off or against a wall of some sort?

Thanks!

RRMan,
We just got off the ship Friday morning and my wife and I had #7092 and my Brother in Law had 7094, both are great cabins with huge balconys. 94 is bigger due to the layout of the "hump" but I liked ours cause it did not feel like a tunnel when you exit the room. You do have the lifeboat covers that block your view of the water but not near as bad in 7094 as the rest of the rooms. All in all it was a great cruise with a great staff, one of the best the wife and I have ever enjoyed.

WE had cabin 8632 on Brilliance (March 28- April 8) and were disappointed that we had the lifeboats below us. Our balcony was quite small also and only had two chairs and a small table. Would have preferred a balcony with a lounge chair. Oh well, there is always next time.

[quote name='CruisinGrams']WE had cabin 8632 on Brilliance (March 28- April 8) and were disappointed that we had the lifeboats below us. Our balcony was quite small also and only had two chairs and a small table. Would have preferred a balcony with a lounge chair. Oh well, there is always next time.[/QUOTE]

We are booked on the Brillance for Christmas and New Years and the only JS left was #1580 - Anyone been in this room?

topgun

We were in 7046 last month. Cabin is almost off the bump so balcony is not quite as large as 7044 and further forward. It was a port cabin, great going through the Panama Canal, we could see down to the side of the lock, no obstruction. The cabin is also handy to the stairwell, but not noisy.

• 2 months later...
Hi, I just change my reservation from an inside cabin to this balcony cabin. Has anyone had this room before and what are your opinions of it. Also, did I make the right decision by switching?

Room is great. Balcony is larger than regular balconies. Location is the best. Are you doing the Med cruise 5/23/06? Just put a hold on that cruise. Not many good cabins left on deck 8.

[quote name='Alexis']Hi,
8596 And 8594 which are the middle of the "Bump". It has a great view of the whole side of the ship from front to back. It also looks down on the water and not the life boat overhang. It is listed as an E2. I would get that again on any cruise we take. It was perfect.
Also, nobody can see into your balcony because it juts out from the ship.

[/QUOTE]

Thats nice to hear we booked room 8596 for our Med Cruise next year!

[quote name='Pat848']Room is great. Balcony is larger than regular balconies. Location is the best. Are you doing the Med cruise 5/23/06? Just put a hold on that cruise. Not many good cabins left on deck 8.[/QUOTE]

Hi Pat thank you for responding. Yes my DH and I are booked for 5/23/06 on the Brilliance. Have you been to the Med before? I'm glad to finally meet someone who is going on this cruise :confused: I have been looking for a roll call for several weeks now but with no sucess. You had any luck.
Anyways, thanks for the info on 8588 I think it's gonna be great. I feel lucky to have it as most "hump" balcony rooms are gone on this ship.

Thanks,
Robert

Hi,
We had cabin 8588 when we went on the partial Panama cruise. I think it was one of the best cabins we have had.
I have not been on a Med cruise but have been to Rome and Florence on a land tour about 15 years ago. I have found at this stage in my life a cruise is the way to travel now.
I just came back from the Baltic cruise on the Jewel - it was great. When my cousin approached me on this one I said no way - I was still overwhelmed from returning from the Baltics. I thought about it for a week and said "why not". I have cabin 8076 on hold. Its on the other side. We will see the boat covers on deck 7 but can live with it. There was not much left. I am going Sunday to pay deposit. We have gotten an upgrade on last 2 cruises so maybe we will with this one but if we don't thats okay too.
I have not seen a roll call but it is early, I guess. The Baltic cruise was the first time I participated in a roll call and it was a lot of fun and really great to meet the people at the M&M.
I am curious about your screen name - does it have anything to do with my beloved Red Sox?

Pat, how did you guess? ;) I just checked your public profile Mass huh? That must be why they are you're "beloved Red Sox". I'm sure you must be a lifelong fan. These are happy days indeed as they are world champions and playing very well right now. I'm a recent convert to Bosox nation. I oficially became a fan buring the playoff run in "03. I have always been a baseball fan but during that playoff series with the A's in '03 my brother-in-law and I were captivated the the Sox's mystique. I told him of what I knew of the team and all the heartbreake Boston had expirienced in the past. Since then we have both been following the team closely I even got MLBTV Extra Innings to catch all their games since I don't get NESN down here in florida. Wow, I could just keep going. Have you been to Fenway Pat? I would like to do a pilgrimage to Boston, mayde next fall since this Med cruise quite an expense but I think will be worth every penny. :D

Archived