boarding CB on Sunday: Can I....

DonnaK

bring a case of bottled water onboard? Is it OK to put a luggage tag on it, and include it with the luggage that we hand the porter at the pier? (Before anyone tells me to just drink the water they have available onboard, this is Fruit2O flavored water, which is what my kids prefer to drink).

I would also like to bring a 12-pack of Canfields Diet Chocolate Soda. Does Princess allow us to bring soda onboard?

bring a case of bottled water onboard? Is it OK to put a luggage tag on it, and include it with the luggage that we hand the porter at the pier? (Before anyone tells me to just drink the water they have available onboard, this is Fruit2O flavored water, which is what my kids prefer to drink).

I would also like to bring a 12-pack of Canfields Diet Chocolate Soda. Does Princess allow us to bring soda onboard?

Yes.

Yes.

No problem to take the water.

A note of caution:

If you check it as luggage, the stevedores will be transferring to to the ship.

It's normally quite warm on the pier side as they handle that enormous volume of heavy pieces of luggage.

When they get thirsty, they need something refreshing to drink.

If you hand them a case of water or soda, you are likely to receive only half a case in your stateroom. This happens on my ship every turnaround day.

The stevedores don't work for the cruise line and really don't care if your bottled water disappears or not.

It would be far safer to carry the case(s) onboard with you.

I was on the CB in June. I put 2 luggage tags on my case of water and left it with the other luggage. We tipped the gentleman with whom we left the water. It arrived in the cabin, in tact. We did not even finish it over the week and ended up leaving half the case for the room steward.

Have a great trip!!!

We pack our water, soft drink 12-packs, and wine in cardboard boxes and check them along with our luggage at the dock. On our recent CB cruise, we used two sturdy boxes that originally contained gallons of windshield washer fluid.

Tape tape the boxes closed and attach a luggage tag and cover the entire tag with clear packing tape. We like using boxes because they can be abandoned onboard if not needed.

Lew

Archived