Port Canaveral closed 8/21, we are leaving 8/22 what will happen?

Nickymjw1

Ok, this isn't looking good. I have been watching Fay all week waiting for her to move on and of course she decides to linger over Port Canaveral.

We are supposed to leave 8/22 on Sovereign out of Port Canaveral.

Wonder how bad it is there. I see Carnival and Disney rerouted their ships for 8/21 to Ft. Lauderdale. That is too far to drive for a 3 night cruise!

Ok, this isn't looking good. I have been watching Fay all week waiting for her to move on and of course she decides to linger over Port Canaveral.

We are supposed to leave 8/22 on Sovereign out of Port Canaveral.

Wonder how bad it is there. I see Carnival and Disney rerouted their ships for 8/21 to Ft. Lauderdale. That is too far to drive for a 3 night cruise!

Port Canaveral was scheduled to reopen today at 8 am but I'm not sure what they've done since Fay is now stationary.

Here is their phone number so you can call them directly and check to see if the port has opened. 321-783-3770

Good luck.

They said they probably wouldn't get a decision until tonight or tomorrow morning.

I called Royal Carribbean and they don't even know that the port is closed.

They just keep on telling me it is open and the ship will come in tomorrow. How do they know if the port authority can't even guarantee this??!! They are so ignorant. So basically I have to drive down there to find out if the ship will sail or not. They couldn't even give me a "what if" scenario if they move the port, can I reschedule instead.

Just finished talking to the supervisor. She said they can't do nothing until the day off the sailing, they don't have any info right now, and normally the worst that has happened is a delay in departure. She wasn't even very clear if I would have the option to cancel if they make us drive to Ft. Lauderdale without penalty. So I guess all we can do is start driving and hope for the best!

Nicky,

My wife and I are on the same cruise. We are scheduled to fly into Orlando tomorrow morning. We are already preparing to drive to Ft. Lauderdale or Miami as it sounds that the Cape/Cocoa/Melbourne are all flooded. In talking to others they have all said that RCCL does whatever possible NOT to cancel a cruise. I would start driving. :o

We would still have to go to Port Canaveral and park our cars as they will bus us to Ft. Lauderdale (if the port doesn't open) and the cruise will come back to port canaveral at the end of the cruise. So that is where your car needs to be at. They probably do all the initial checking in there also.

Did you join our roll call on these boards? We are meeting at 5:30pm at Bolero's. But with all this happening, we might have to set a different time. I am going to propose 10pm, that way everyone has had dinner, early and late seating, and everyone will be on board. I assume that if we have to be bussed to Ft. Lauderdale there will be some major delays.

Join our roll call!

Nicky,

My wife and I are on the same cruise. We are scheduled to fly into Orlando tomorrow morning. We are already preparing to drive to Ft. Lauderdale or Miami as it sounds that the Cape/Cocoa/Melbourne are all flooded. In talking to others they have all said that RCCL does whatever possible NOT to cancel a cruise. I would start driving. :o

Have you checked Orlando airport status? Will you be able to fly in?

Fay diverts two Canaveral ships to Everglades

21st. August 2008

=========================================

Fay, the tropical storm that has been dousing Florida all week, refuses to fizzle.

Weather conditions have prompted the closure of Port Canaveral.

As a result, Disney Wonder and Carnival Sensation have diverted to Port Everglades for today’s turn-arounds.

A Port Everglades spokeswoman said the operations are going smoothly.

Carnival Cruise Lines is providing free motorcoach transportation between Port Canaveral, Orlando Airport and Port Everglades.

Disney Cruise Line is also transporting passengers

and said Disney Wonder is expected to conclude the three-night sailing embarking today at Everglades

back in Canaveral on Sunday as scheduled.

Disney Magic is not affected.

The ship is on a Panama Canal voyage and due to arrive at Port Canaveral on Sept. 1.

Have you checked Orlando airport status? Will you be able to fly in?

MCO is still open and all is fine there. I just hung up with my daughter who is at UCF in Orlando and yes, they're having some heavy rain but nothing that has kept her from going out and about.

Archived