February cruise with senior

Maorah

If I were you I would contact a travel agent and tell him/her what you want (warm climate) and what you want to spend. There is nothing better than dealing with a certified travel agent face to face. A good agent can come up with several different choices in your price range and help you have a cruise to remember.

February is high cruising season, not to mention school vacation week comes up for President's Day week so you are bound to find more children than usual. If you could go at another time say before February or after April cruises will be a lower price.

Otherwise I would keep an eye on sales. Often times Princess will put their 7-day trips on sale for great prices and I think you will both enjoy that line and the product that they offer.

I am a senior 70+ and would like to take my daughter on a (carribean?) (warm location cruise) for her 50th birthday in February. My funds are a bit limited but do not want to be disapointed on a crummy trip. Do you have any sugestions?

Mtstern@aol.com

Hello,

Celebrity Cruise Line's Century does some 5- day cruises from Miami in February, 2009 for a very reasonable price. Celebrity provides a very nice cruise experience, that both you and your daughter will enjoy.

Carnival has some shorter cruises as well but my first choice would be Celebrity's Century.

Hope that this helps,

Fred

We've cruised twice in February and loved it! It's amazing how a week in a warm climate can undo the ravages of weeks/months of winter weather to one's skin :cool:.

We sailed the first week of February on Carnival and saw very few children on either cruise. :)

I'd suggest visiting a travel agent and picking up various cruiseline brochere/books that show pictures of the various ships, itineraries, policies, on-board amenities (dining, entertainment, services...), etc.

After you see what appeals to you, you'll have a starting point when talking with the travel agent about where you'd like to go, the cruiselines, ships, excursions, etc. you're interested in.

Good luck narrowing down your choices and Congratulations on cruising in February. You and your daughter will have a fabulous time! :cool: :cool: :cool:

RCL has some good senior rates. Im seeing some good rates now for Sept from Carnival for senior rates.

Unfortunately, you usually dont see senior rates much more than a couple of months in advance, sometimes less if they want to fill a ship. Can the two of you go last minute?? I dont know what would be a crummy cruise to you or how much you want to spend, so its hard to say much else. 55 is senior to cruise lines, you daughter almost qualifies lol, but only one of you had to be 55 in the cabin.

I am a senior 70+ and would like to take my daughter on a (carribean?) (warm location cruise) for her 50th birthday in February. My funds are a bit limited but do not want to be disapointed on a crummy trip. Do you have any sugestions?

Mtstern@aol.com

The cruise lines often have very good prices for January. It's slower in January than over the holidays and there are no school breaks (except Martin Luther King Jr.'s bd). A good travel agent should be able to help you.

Have fun. A mother daughter cruise sounds like fun.

We have cruised quite a few times in February.

Cruise prices are generaly higher this month -- due to Valentine's day -- also keep in mind that on many 7 day cruises -- President's Holiday weekend will draw a lot of children.

Look for cruises after this date -- near the end of February.

For your ages -- I would suggest Holland America.

Archived