quick easy tipping question

onehotpooh

The auto-tip is $10.50/day/pp, so for three people, it would be $31.50/day x # of days cruised. If that's 7 days, the total would be $220.50 for 3 people (or $73.50/pp for the cruise). The auto-tip is distributed to all of the waitstaff in all of the dining rooms and buffet and all of the stewards so you do not need to tip anything additional unless you feel you've received service above your expectations. Drinks and beverages have a 15% tip automatically included with the price of the drink. And, if you order room service, you can tip extra for delivery.

in my mind i was doubling it for each service. thats dirt cheap. poor things , in most cases, work their butts off.
It is good although for some people, it's beyond their budget and they remove the tip. Those receiving it actually do quite well, certainly better than they would where they come from.

The $10.50/passenger/day autotip is shared among the cabin steward, waiter, assistant waiter, and a bunch of people behind the scenes who help make your cruise great. These include the laundry personnel, cooks, diswashers, etc.

As to taking it off because you can't afford it, stay home if that is the case.

The $10.50/passenger/day autotip is shared among the cabin steward, waiter, assistant waiter, and a bunch of people behind the scenes who help make your cruise great. These include the laundry personnel, cooks, diswashers, etc.

As to taking it off because you can't afford it, stay home if that is the case.

Being in the service business I can tell you there are a number of people who can clearly afford to tip well that dont tip at all, personally I feel these people work very hard and I wouldn't have slept well trying to cheat them out of what they deserve or without leaving the cabin steward a little extra.

There's no such thing as a "quick tip question" on these boards. :D For a 7 day cruise, We leave the auto-tip in place and usually tip $20 each additional to the head waiter and cabin steward and $10 for the asst waiter, but lots of folks don't. The Maitre'D (spelling?:eek:) will have his hand out the last night, but we have only tipped one who actually went out of his way to do things for our table.

Archived