Which cruise line?

Beebob1

other than Disney is good for a 13 yr boy? We have cruised Disney many times (love it) but the price for next Spring break is about 10 grand. I would like a 7 day cruise and programs directed toward the teenagers.

TIA :)

Any of the "mainstream" lines will do just fine! RCI has a great kids program, and lot's ove "bells and whistles" on the newer ships.

Carnival also keeps the kids busy!

Any cruise you takes will make him happy--or should!

Is there a certain cruise that caters to teens more?

Yep, any of the Freedom class RCCL ships (Freedom of the Seas, Liberty of the Seas, Independence of the Seas). They all have special teen areas. And lots of onboard ammenities.

And of course, Oasis of the Seas will be the most extreme for teens. Zipline onboard and 2 flowriders (surfing). Oasis won't sail until 12/12/09.

Having cruised Royal, Princess and Carnival (once) with a teen (son just turned 15 yesterday) I would have to say his personal preference is Royal Caribbean.

For him, he is an active teen and found that Royal Caribbean had much more space ie...mini golf, tranpoline/bungy (Enchantment) and just more teens to meet on board the ship. Princess is more 'social' (in his opinion;) ) and finally Carnival, he was bored, however, we met a great family from the roll call that he 'hung out' with the whole trip!

So I would have to say Royal Caribbean, based on our past experiences, is more "teen friendly."

You have great a lot of choices, I know! I hope this helps a little more! :)

When DD was going to be 13 for our next cruise, the problem we wanted to avoid is that Carnival and RCCL put 12 - 14 yr olds in a group. Even at 12, she had NO interest in build-a-bear for pete's sake! We found on Carnival it was geared much too young. And she really hated it. She wanted the real teen thing with their own room for movies, video games, music etc. So we tried Princess who groups 13 - 17 togeather. It was great and she had a wonderful time.

I know that the newer Carnival ships do give the 12-14 yr olds their own hang out but the ship we were on did not. RCCL also has separate facitlities for 12-14 I believe; however, when looking for a cruise, I haven't found a price on RCL that compares to Princess so we've stuck with them.

DD also loves MUTS on Princess and the late night movie. I know I can always find her there at night. They also have guitar hero and that they play up on the big screen at certain times.

I would caution about Princess however. On the Grand last spring break (which has a really SMALL teen room) they revised the ages and teen group was 14-17. But I also know they did allow a 13yr old girl move up on that cruise.

When DD was going to be 13 for our next cruise, the problem we wanted to avoid is that Carnival and RCCL put 12 - 14 yr olds in a group. Even at 12, she had NO interest in build-a-bear for pete's sake! We found on Carnival it was geared much too young. And she really hated it. She wanted the real teen thing with their own room for movies, video games, music etc. So we tried Princess who groups 13 - 17 togeather. It was great and she had a wonderful time.

I know that the newer Carnival ships do give the 12-14 yr olds their own hang out but the ship we were on did not. RCCL also has separate facitlities for 12-14 I believe; however, when looking for a cruise, I haven't found a price on RCL that compares to Princess so we've stuck with them.

DD also loves MUTS on Princess and the late night movie. I know I can always find her there at night. They also have guitar hero and that they play up on the big screen at certain times.

I would caution about Princess however. On the Grand last spring break (which has a really SMALL teen room) they revised the ages and teen group was 14-17. But I also know they did allow a 13yr old girl move up on that cruise.

What we were told on our Princess cruise this past year was that the 13YO have their choice of either Shockwaves (8-12) or remix (teen). Their reason is that some 13yos really prefer one or the other so they were letting them choose. It was also stated that whatever they chose would remain for the entire cruise. Now, I am going by what we were told at in introduction meeting as neither of my kids are yet 13 YO.

Archived