Galaxy drydock when and where

emmylou

Emmylou

Galaxy drydocked in December last year (immediately after our cruise). I think she spent about ten days in Freeport, Bahamas before starting her Winter Southern Caribbean route from San Juan.

Phil

Mercury Western Caribbean November 2002
Galaxy Eastern Caribbean November 2003

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;11;13;18;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600[/img]
Until Galaxy Panama Canal Out Of Galveston 13th November 2004

Thanks Phil
Have been told the drydock was to be before the
Trans-Atlantic May 7th cruise which I am sailing on but couldn't see any opening when she wasn't sailing for a drydock to be done.
Thanks again.
emmylou

• 4 years later...
I wouldn't call it a dry dock, but more of a spruce up.

Replace the carpeting and upholstery. Thats basically it.

This is most likely due to the fact that the rumors may be true and Galaxy might be leaving in 2009 for the new German RCCL venure TUI. However nothing has been officially confirmed.

However I am VERY excited for our June 9th trip!!!! I'm crawling out of my skin in anticipation!

Dave:eek:

Here's the link to the drydock on the Galaxy... She goes in on April 18 to May 2 in Freeport...

[url]http://www.celebritycruises.com/aboutceleb/pressDetails.do;jsessionid=0000CzJw_41sfNM_ZJXaFpi4JUE:12hdebdrn?pagename=press_room_details&event_date=2008-03-05&event_type=press_release&sequence_code=A[/url]

[quote name='claud925']hey, jeanne, how did you dig up a thread dating back to 2004?:eek:[/QUOTE]

Don't laugh but somehow I must of hit the last page on the forums, and just thought it was a recent post. After I replied I figured it out!!! I felt so stupid!!!!!
Oh well

[quote name='jeanneful']Don't laugh but somehow I must of hit the last page on the forums, and just thought it was a recent post. After I replied I figured it out!!! I felt so stupid!!!!!
Oh well[/QUOTE]

I fell for it also, didn't realize the post was about the last time it went into drydock which was shortly after I was on it out of Baltimore.

Archived