Closest hotel to New York port

sarahvch

We are looking for the closest hotel to the new york port. We have a stay planned in New York the month after this cruise and are staying in Times Square. So we thought it would be best to stay close to the port.

Next Question is this a safe area for women alone?

Are there any sites to see for the afternoon and evening before we leave for our cruise the next day?

TIA for any help!

I wouldn't try to stay as close to the port as possible. If you are women alone in New York, you want to stay in a mainstream place like Times Square where you have lots of transportation at your fingertips and you can go out on the street at night because there are tons of people there. The port is in the west 50's at 12th Avenue, which is not a residential or tourist area at night - limited public transportation, fewer cabs, and probably not much foot traffic.

There is too much to do in NY - I'm sure you will get lots of suggestions. Do you have any particular interests? Shows, Dining, specific tourist attractions?

Thanks. We will look for something in Times Square then. I just got back from New York in July and we have a stay planned in Nov before another cruise. We are seeing shows then so...

I think if we are going to stay in Times Square we will have plenty to do. My DD will be thrilled just seeing Broadway (as she is a little actress) so we don't really need to try and find anything else.

I just thought if we were staying close to the port since I did not know the area that there might be something close by to keep us entertained.

Thanks again for the information.

If you're only there on a Friday night, you might want to walk down Broadway to Macy's at Herald Square and then across to the Empire State Building to see NY after dark. If you get in early enough, the Central Park Zoo is open until 4:30 and the carousel until 6 pm.

Thanks. We will look for something in Times Square then. I just got back from New York in July and we have a stay planned in Nov before another cruise. We are seeing shows then so...

I think if we are going to stay in Times Square we will have plenty to do. My DD will be thrilled just seeing Broadway (as she is a little actress) so we don't really need to try and find anything else.

I just thought if we were staying close to the port since I did not know the area that there might be something close by to keep us entertained.

Thanks again for the information.

The pier is fairly close to Times Square (as long as you are leaving from the Manhattan pier and not Brooklyn). It's a short cab ride to the west side to get to the ship.

There are hotels in good areas that are not necessarily in Times Square. Hotels in the West 50's are still in a very busy area, and still considered the Theater District. 2 moderate hotels in the area are Holiday Inn and and the Hilton Garden Inn.

Archived