Online Shopping

Teetype

Hi all!

I've shopped online since shopping STARTED online, but never for clothing. I'd like to do a little shopping online for my next cruise.

List your favorite shops please?

Thanks,

Tee

I like old navy...I bought a swimsuit and hated it I sent it back in the package it came in (no charge)and exchanged it for some other things...no problem had my exchanges in a little over a week.

Shopping online is kind of difficult if your not careful you end up paying alot more...I returned some shoes I bought and didnt like to an online store... I had to pay to ship them back UPS..they wanted it to be tracked...and it cost half the price of the shoes. not really worth it...so my opinion is to shop where they have a no charge return policy.

I like dealing with Victoria's Secret and Old Navy for online shopping. They've been pretty great so far. I just bought from Travelsmith recently and they're great as well.

I personally prefer to shop online from someplace with an actual store I've been to. Different brands just tend to fit differently, so I like having a decent idea of what I'm getting into. It's an easy way to kind of test the waters for shopping for clothes online.

While I've gotten a few things online that have worked well, I find most of the time I really need to try things on before purchase. The majority of my online purchases end up being returns, I just stood in line last Monday for 10 minutes at the post office and paid a few $ to return an expensive T-shirt I just knew would be perfect :rolleyes: .

But...it's great for people who don't have access to shopping close to home. Or, if you already know there is an item that fits it can be convenient to shop online.

I generally only shop online for books and music, sometimes electrical parts.

I spend the most money shopping online at www.sierratradingpost.com

I shop at TONS of places, depending on what I'm looking for.

Lands End (www.landsend.com) (I can return in person to Sears if I need to; I especially love the Overstocks section of the website)

Nordstrom.com (great sales, usually $5 shipping, again I can return in person if necessary)

Talbots.com (I get lots of work clothing there)

kohls.com (they have a better variety of sizes for some things than the store does--but the store will have better prices on clearance items)

Onehanesplace.com for bras.

Shoebuy.com for shoes

Ebags.com for handbags

Campmor.com or rei.com for outdoor/active wear (great prices for goretex!)

I've shopped online at Payless, Kohl's, Penney's, Silhouettes (for boots) and Old Navy. Most places with stores will let you return items to the store without a return shipping charge. It helps to go to the store and try on the brands first so you know what fits. Once I find something in a store, I go online and look for the clearance sales.

If it's an item that I've tried on in a store, but need it in a different color, I'll buy it online, but most clothes aren't "sized" the same--even from the same designer or manufacturer. It's so much trouble shipping things that don't fit correctly back!

I would NEVER buy shoes online--even 2 of the same pair in the same size won't feel the same--

Hi all!

I've shopped online since shopping STARTED online, but never for clothing. I'd like to do a little shopping online for my next cruise.

List your favorite shops please?

Thanks,

Tee

I like Victoria's Secret, Newport News, and Chadwick's. The Chadwick's website is particularly helpful because they post shopper's reviews for each of their products so you can find out about the quality or fit or color.

Right now softsurroundings.com is having a huge sale in their Outlet area. Including the beauty products that stock all the Elemis Spa stuff for 1/3 of what they charge at sea. Also got a great silk poncho for $20 to dress up my white slacks and a tee that will help me transition from NJ to the Caribbean.

Also love Nordstrom's.

cold water creek fan here since it opened !!! and i shop LL Bean also. and just my size for great bras and underwear and champion for my work out clothes ( i personally hate shopping my mother gave me her hate for shopping when i was a kid and wouldnt you know shes retired and now shops all the time :eek: :D ) lol

Hey all! Thanks much to those of you who listed shops online. I've bought a few tees and stuff for the men in my life but have avoided buying my own as I always doubt it will be the same up close and personal as it is online. But I will be trying some of these.

Again, thanks!

Tee

I have quit buying online for cloths. I usually send them back. If I can't find something in store and order online. I will buy two different sizes and send one back.

I do buy purses, shoes, accesories from coldwater creek, talbots, jcpenney, chicos.

I live in a small coastal town where the only clothing store is WalMart, so I do most of my shopping online except for the occasional trip into Seattle or Vancouver, BC.

I really like Coldwater Creek's online store for variety and classic styling. I like Zappos.com for shoes. They pay shipping both ways, so you can't go wrong with ordering several pairs of shoes and then returning what doesn't work. Land's End is good for casual items, but I find that I end up returning a lot of their stuff because the fit just isn't right.

For the dressier stuff, department stores have pretty good online arms. I've tried Nordstrom, Bloomingdales, Nieman Marcus, etc.

For my October Mediterranean cruise, I've just ordered a bunch of stuff from Casual Living (http://www.casuallivingusa.com). It looked great online, but I haven't received it yet. I'll leave a post after I've got it to let you know if it's worth it.

I like old navy...I bought a swimsuit and hated it I sent it back in the package it came in (no charge)and exchanged it for some other things...no problem had my exchanges in a little over a week.

Shopping online is kind of difficult if your not careful you end up paying alot more...I returned some shoes I bought and didnt like to an online store... I had to pay to ship them back UPS..they wanted it to be tracked...and it cost half the price of the shoes. not really worth it...so my opinion is to shop where they have a no charge return policy.

Great scott! I am getting ready to leave work and was thinking I need to run out to Old Navy to see what kind of Sundresses they have. I never thought about shopping online with them. Thanks! Glad I peeked in.

A couple of weeks ago I went to the county fair and one of the booths was selling women's cotton clothes. Some really nice casual styles, larger sizes and washable material. They're at ariesandtauruscotton.com. I'm not a big clothes hound anymore but I like their stuff. Comfortable and washable. They're based in southern california. Their clothes are nice for everyday wear or vacation (which fortunately is the same wardrobe for me).

Also, I like land's end, particularly their black knit pants with elastic waist and pockets. They have great customer service (a real person actually answers the phone after the first couple of rings) and have quick access to my previous orders so once you've figured out the right size, it's easy to make future orders. Also good with returns.

Also, Coldwater Creek has nice things. They can be a bit expensive. Nice to visit their stores in person. And LL Bean's a lot like Land's End with customer service and choices.

I like zappos.com (great customer service and return policy) but they're generally a few dollars more for their shoes than other places. I think they've incorporated the 'free shipping' into the price.

I finally bought a new swimsuit recently online at swimsuitsforall.com which has larger suits for the 'fluffy' in a lot of us.

My teenaged daughter and I were talking the other day about how nice it would be if we could buy clothes without seeing a size in them, just be able to try them on without looking at a size. Her age group wants the size to read XXS while us moms just see XXX. :rolleyes:

Happy shopping and cruising!

Archived