Spirit going to Bermuda on Sunday!

yogimax

Just received a recorded call from NCL. Because of tropical storm Hannah, the ship is going to bermuda rather than Cape Canaveral and Nassau.

They had already dropped Freeport from the itinerary because of a "propulsion problem."

Oh well, Bermuda ain't so bad!

thanks at least I know I am going there(I am on the Majesty)...I am pretty sure but not positive that the Spirit at 78,000 tons is too big for either Hamilton or ST George,,,which means someone is going to tender and is not me(its either the Dawn or the Spirit)...just what we need two-three thousand people expecting to go to Disney world....

see ya in Bermuda....

Norwegian Cruise Line is closely monitoring the path of Tropical Storm Hanna as the safety and security of our guests and crew is of the utmost importance.

Because of the current expected path of Tropical Storm Hanna, forecasted to pass near the islands of the Bahamas, NCL has altered the itinerary of Norwegian Spirit's six-day Bahamas & Florida sailing, departing New York on August 31, 2008. Norwegian Spirit will now call on the island of Bermuda for this sailing. At this time, NCL is also closely monitoring the weather conditions for Norwegian Sky's four-day Bahamas sailing, departing Miami on September 1, 2008.

NCL will update this information as necessary. We thank our guests for their cooperation and understanding.

thanks at least I know I am going there(I am on the Majesty)...I am pretty sure but not positive that the Spirit at 78,000 tons is too big for either Hamilton or ST George,,,which means someone is going to tender and is not me(its either the Dawn or the Spirit)...just what we need two-three thousand people expecting to go to Disney world....

see ya in Bermuda....

Will not be the Dawn tendering in Bermuda, as 'we' are going to Canada/New England! Enjoy....

Will not be the Dawn tendering in Bermuda, as 'we' are going to Canada/New England! Enjoy....

now I know who will be using the dock in the dockyards...Thanks enjoy Canada....we love Halifax....disaster central...(now ask me why)...

see ya in Bermuda....

The Dawn will be on the Canada/NE sailing.....According to Porttime.com, Kings Wharf is open beginning Wednesday through the rest of the week.

These people need to do some quick planning/research now since they'll be heading to Bermuda!

Happy Cruising! :)

In approximate date order

1. the recovered bodies from the Titanic are buried here(including one J Dawson).

2. It was prior to the dropping of the atomic bomb the scene of the largest man made explosion when during WWI two ships including an ammunition ship collided in the harbor and the ammunition ship exploded, killing over 2000 people-nearly the same as those killed on September 11. A piece of a ships boiler traveled over a mile and the water from the harbor was blasted out(the Maritime Museum has a good exhibit about it and the help Halifax received particularly from Boston and New England).

and 3 Swiss air crashed close to it(actually closer to Peggy's cove)...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halifax_Explosion

I was already planning on visiting Swissair 111's memorial but I will now add that to the list! (the J Dawson grave)

rent a car. I used Avis(twice) it about a half mile from the pier( I walk in 10 minutes or less). The Swiss Air memorial is too small for buses. If you get the car quickly you can beat all the buses to Peggy's cove.

rent a car. I used Avis(twice) it about a half mile from the pier( I walk in 10 minutes or less). The Swiss Air memorial is too small for buses. If you get the car quickly you can beat all the buses to Peggy's cove.

Is the grave site 10 minutes or the Avis place?

Is the grave site 10 minutes or the Avis place?

The car rental is 10 minutes. Its about 20 minutes to Peggys cove and the Swiss Air is on the same main road just past Peggy's cove(go to Peggy's cove first and beat the crowds)....The Cemetery(Fair view Cemetery I think) is about 5 minutes from the Main Park in halifax which is 5 minutes from the Fort and Five minutes from the Maritime Museum all this is doable in one day with a renta car- have the rent a car people drive you back to the pier....

http://titanic.gov.ns.ca/graves.html

The car rental is 10 minutes. Its about 20 minutes to Peggys cove and the Swiss Air is on the same main road just past Peggy's cove(go to Peggy's cove first and beat the crowds)....The Cemetery(Fair view Cemetery I think) is about 5 minutes from the Main Park in halifax which is 5 minutes from the Fort and Five minutes from the Maritime Museum all this is doable in one day with a renta car- have the rent a car people drive you back to the pier....

http://titanic.gov.ns.ca/graves.html

great thanks!

Archived