Self-Service Laundry

rarescrambler

Does the Westerdam have this? One of my sisters is reluctant to send her laundry out because of the fact that they wash and dry on only hot. Afraid her stuff will shrink. They're not able to be in the sun because of meds they're both taking, so they're going to have ample time on board to do a few loads if this is available.

Thanks.

Hey tothetrail., I think I saw you on the roll call. We will be on the same ship. Do you know what the cost is to have laundry done for you on the ship? I started packing today and just dont see how I will ever get everything into two suit cases. The airline restrictions are causing me PAIN!

Thanks

There are so self laundries on the Vista class ships.

Ther is the $12 Bag and an unlimited laundry fee.

When you check in at the pier you will be given a packet which will list the prices for your cruise.

That's not self laundry.

For the OP, I have been very pleased with the laundry services, and even when I'm on a ship that has self-service laundry, I opt for the "all you can get in the blue bag" service. My clothes come back far better than if I had done it myself.

Do the self service laundries have ironing facilities?

A girlfriend and I had a comp to see how much we could get into a $12 bag (except it was Celebrity) and I managed to get $120 worth of items. Can't remember what there were though but definitely a pair of long trousers. Also helped that I had 8yo clothes too. :o

Do the self service laundries have ironing facilities?

There are self-service laundries on the S-, R-classes, and the Prinsendam. Yes, they all have an iron and ironing board there. :)

There are no self-service laundries on the Vistas and the E-dam. So, no ironing facilities on those ships. :(

Thanks drtee,

I think they're worried because of the hot wash/dry. Apparently your clothes did not shrink?

My clothes did not shrink. But then I never make it to the midnight buffet.

As for the $12 bag, when you see it you'll think it's small, but you really can get a lot in there. We had ours full one time and the steward said, no, he could get more in there, and started stuffing several more items in it!!

Archived