Irons on Freedom?

Hotheels

Irons are not allowed in the cabins as it is a fire hazard.

You can have your clothes pressed for half the price of the posted laundered price........someone will probably post the list for you.

You don't want to iron on vacation anyway!!! ;)

Q: Are laundry services provided?

A: Self-service laundry facilities are not provided onboard our ships, but we do offer full laundry and dry cleaning services. We do not provide irons in the staterooms as they constitute a fire hazard.

SHIPBOARD LAUNDRY SERVICE

* All prices are in US. Dollars and are subject to change without notice.

MEN WOMEN

Shirt/T-Shirt: $2.50 Blouse: $3.50

Shirt (dress): $3.00 Dress (wash): $5.00

Underwear: $1.20 Skirt: $3.50

Jeans: $3.00 Nightgown: $3.00

Pajamas: $4.00 Swimsuit: $2.00

Handkerchif: $0.75 Slip: $2.50

Shorts: $2.50 Housecoat: $3.50

Bathrobe: $3.50 Hosiery: $3.50

Pants (wash): $3.50 Slacks: $3.50

Sweatshirt: $3.00

Socks: $1.00

PRESS ONLY - 50% of cleaning prices

SHIPBOARD DRY CLEANING SERVICES

* All prices are in US. Dollars and are subject to change without notice.

MEN WOMAN

Suit: $7.00 Evening Gown: $8.00

Pants: $4.25 Dress $7.00

Jacket: $4.50 Silk Blouse: $5:00

Sweater: $4.00 Silk Dress: $8.00

Coat: $7.00 Skirt $4.50

Tie: $2.00 Suit: $7.50

Shirt: $3.50 Blouse: $4.00

Shorts: $3.00 Scarf: $2.50

Vest $2.50

Silk Pajamas: $4.50

PRESS ONLY - 50% of cleaning prices.

I know there are no laundry rooms, but can someone tell me if there are irons anywhere on board? If not, will they allow me to bring my travel iron? Thank you :)

I have said this before so if anyone has heard it before, well thats just the way it is.

There are no irons allowed on board, so I use the rum and coke method of wrinkle removal.

If my stuff is wrinkled I have a rum and coke, then I look and see if there still wrinkles. If they are still wrinkled I have another rum and coke. Just keep repeating until all wrinkles are gone.

If you are on a Mexican cruise Tequila may be used in place of rum!

I took a travel steam iron on our last cruise but never had to use it. I got a great tip to put all your dress clothes in dry cleaner bags and put on top of all your other clothes, hangers and all. It worked. Didn't have anything wrinkled enough to use travel steamer.

I have said this before so if anyone has heard it before, well thats just the way it is.

There are no irons allowed on board, so I use the rum and coke method of wrinkle removal.

If my stuff is wrinkled I have a rum and coke, then I look and see if there still wrinkles. If they are still wrinkled I have another rum and coke. Just keep repeating until all wrinkles are gone.

I've been using this method for years!!:D

OMG! We use the SAME method!! Only we substitue VODKA for your RUM! lol

to the OP: I usually brag about the on board laundry serviced but last December they RUINED MY GOWN (very expensive gown), it now has a black spot on the 'rear' near the bottom of the hidden zipper.....Im still so sad.....

We use to take a travel steam iron with us on cruises but, it took up space that could be used for something else. After a couple of cruises I decided it would be cost effective to just buy my own tuxedo rather than continue to rent one. That's when I discovered that the laundry service onboard was wonderful. I don't even bother to have my tux dry cleaned before we leave. I wait until we get onboard had have my stateroom attendent take it to their laundry that first night. They have ALWAYS done a great job on anything we've ever sent for dry cleaning or pressing. Even when the waiteress dropped a butter knife on my wife's formal dress, they not only got the stain out but the dressed looked brand new when it was done.

I highly recommend the laundry services for pressing and cleaning if you need something done. If it's just a pair of dockers or a shirt, there use to be a product by Downy called wrinkle release or something of that nature. We have used that before as well with decent results.

No irons, no ships, nowhere, no how.

Are you sure??? But my iron has a shut off, my iron shouldnt count. rolf. :rolleyes:

Actually, Downy wrinkle remover works pretty good, doesnt give a starched look but takes out the wrinkles. Small container at the grocery store was like $3.87, some stores only sold the bigger size that costs about twice as much like Albertsons.

Thank you all for your comments and suggestions. I think I will go with the Rum idea....and if I make it strong enough, it will only take 1 drink to not worry about wrinkles :D You all have a great sense of humor....thank you again!!

Archived