Obc ?

Hurricane Girl

I have a few questions about this. We sail in a few weeks and I noticed a price drop this past week. I called my PVP and asked him about getting OBC. He told me he would have to send a request to a supervisor and he would let me know. This was last Thursday. How have others gotten their OBC with a PVP? Have they connected you to a supervisor? or did they send a request in to a supervisor themselves? How close to a sailing date have you gotten an OBC?

On our last cruise my PVP connected me to a supervisor and we got the OBC. I don't remember how far out we were from our sail date. Thanks for your help in advance!! :)

I would call back - during the day, when a supervisor may be scheduled. That way, you can at least hold and get an answer right away.

Good Luck - and be persistent!

Catrin

On one of our cruises last year my old PVP never got back to me with an answer. I called and spoke directly with a supervisor and she got me the OBC. I've since learned that it's alot easier and faster to just call a supervisor yourself.

On one of our cruises last year my old PVP never got back to me with an answer. I called and spoke directly with a supervisor and she got me the OBC. I've since learned that it's alot easier and faster to just call a supervisor yourself.

Do I just call the 800-Carnival # and ask for a supervisor? Do the PVP's lose money if you get an OBC? (just wondering) Thanks for your help.

Do I just call the 800-Carnival # and ask for a supervisor? Do the PVP's lose money if you get an OBC? (just wondering) Thanks for your help.

No, they don't work on commission... I believe they get credits for the cruises they book.

Somebody please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

I sailed on the Inspiration December 05 and 06 and both times got money back without even asking. This time nothing so far for the Destiny in December. Do you check the Carnival website for a price drop or is there something else I can do to check?

Thanks, we would love a reduction since this cruise is a lot more expensive than either of the other 2 were.

I sailed on the Inspiration December 05 and 06 and both times got money back without even asking. This time nothing so far for the Destiny in December. Do you check the Carnival website for a price drop or is there something else I can do to check?

Thanks, we would love a reduction since this cruise is a lot more expensive than either of the other 2 were.

I check the website. Ours has dropped $120 pp. That is a big price drop (at least I think it is).

I check the website. Ours has dropped $120 pp. That is a big price drop (at least I think it is).

Because of the hurricanes, they have dropped a lot of Sept sailings. Mine is down $20 pp but paying the current fuel surcharges would wipe it out, so for me its not worth calling about. (Id have to also change cabins, to what is considered a higher cat to get the drop).

I would call during the day and keep on your PVP. Only a supervisor can give the ok this close in for a OBC, so the PVP does have to get the supervisor's approval. Keep calling. Yesterday was a holiday, so probably the supervisor wasnt in.

Make sure you are looking at the category you now have if you were given a free upgrade.

No, they don't work on commission... I believe they get credits for the cruises they book.

Somebody please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Yes, I was told that by a PVP. They don't receive commissions, just points. That's why if you end up going from a PVP to a TA for better pricing, ask to have the booking transferred, not cancelled & re-booked. That way, the PVP doesn't lose their points.

Carnival changed a lot of things a few months back and one of them is how they request or give you the OBC for pricedrops. Everytime when you call they must get a supervisior to put a code of approval in the computer to drop the price. It sounds like your PVP did not want to wait on a supervisior or they were slammed the day you called. I called last week for mine and I waited on hold for a supervisor to approve the drop for over 22 minutes. I nver spoke to the supervisor but I did watch online as the change was made, I was upgraded as well, and the price did not drop until 3 minutes before the PVP came back on the line.

I called today and, after waiting 25min. on hold, I spoke with a supervisor. He gave us our gratuities PLUS $60 OBC. I also had a 45 day letter so I made another call and got some free bar coupons. It's a great day!! Now as long as we can make it to the ship and get out of port dodging the hurricanes, we'll be in great shape. Keeping fingers crossed.

i just got off the phone with one..200obc and a free room upgrade from 6a to 6d...it was actually better than what was advertised on the site..she said i was from indiana so i get some kind of special..go figure

That's GREAT!! We didn't want the upgrade as we got a really good one when we booked & we chose our cabin at that time.

Ok, Lets see if I understand this, First I have not booked our cruise yet, another week to go, I keep checking the prices on online thru Carnival and it still is the same price..Do you only get the OBC's after you booked ???

Sorry for being stupid about this but on my other cruises, we sure didn't get any OBC's, got two bottles of champage tho..It would be nice to get a discount..:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Ok, Lets see if I understand this, First I have not booked our cruise yet, another week to go, I keep checking the prices on online thru Carnival and it still is the same price..Do you only get the OBC's after you booked ???

Sorry for being stupid about this but on my other cruises, we sure didn't get any OBC's, got two bottles of champage tho..It would be nice to get a discount..:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

If you havent booked yet there is no way to OBC.

The OBC is given after final payment when the price goes down on booked cruises.

Bill

Does the cruise have to be fully paid for before you can attempt getting OBC or is booked and deposited enough? We pay off our cruise in 2 weeks so wasn't sure if I should just sit back and wait or if I should start checking for price drops now. I'd love to get a discount of some sort. On our first cruise we got an upgrade to spa deck and had the floor to ceiling windows after booking an OV guarantee, and got $25 OBC pp due to missing out on a port due to weather. The next cruise - nada. But we paid for a great time and Carnival delivered.:)

Does the cruise have to be fully paid for before you can attempt getting OBC or is booked and deposited enough? We pay off our cruise in 2 weeks so wasn't sure if I should just sit back and wait or if I should start checking for price drops now. I'd love to get a discount of some sort. On our first cruise we got an upgrade to spa deck and had the floor to ceiling windows after booking an OV guarantee, and got $25 OBC pp due to missing out on a port due to weather. The next cruise - nada. But we paid for a great time and Carnival delivered.:)

If the cruise hasn't reached the final payment point yet they would just reduce the amount of your final payment.

Bill

Archived