Cruise Director Odyssey

wripro

I just read on another board that the cruise director for the Odyssey will be someone named Barry Hopkins who has been with Regent for 14 years and uis leaving them to go with Seabourn. Anyone know him? He will be on the Spirit for three months beginning in November.

As far as I know he was CD on the P&O Line.

I'm sure Seabourn felt a CD with experience on a larger ship (Barry has been on the Regent Mairner-appx. 700 guests) would be a good choice for the Odyssey.

I'll meet him on the Maiden Voyage, June 24th ~next summer.

MB

Martita,

We will be on the crossing with you on the Odyssey but will start in Istanbul. Am looking forward to finally meeting you as I have enjoyed your help, information and your love of Seabourn. We have been on Regent three times in which Barry Hopkins has been the CD. He is extremely personable and comes with an interesting history which he shares with the guests. It will be enjoyable to see him again if he is on when we are.

By the way, we are leaving on the Legend on October 11, one week after Charisin. Thank you for the info about who will be on board then. We too, just got our documents today and can't wait to be on our favorite line. I must admit this is the first time on the Legend. We were first loyalist to the Spirit and then tried the Pride two times and both are at the top of our list - now we will add a third one.

Deanna

I think many Seabourn Sailor's are excited about the Odyssey Maiden Transatlantic Crossing! It will truly be a REunion! Capt. Dexter will be at the helm and Vitor, Hotman. Along with newly named CD, Barry Hopkins. I'm sure he'll be delighted to see you and your husband.:p I'll be in Malaga on Oct. 25th (Pride) and have reserved a car/driver ~I want to check out hotels for Oct. 30th, 09. JB and I would like to stay close to the harbor.

I'm wondering just who will be the Maitre'D in the main dining room on the Odyssey. I know Karl will be aboard.....then there's William, Lucca......Marcel (?)

I certainly look forward to being with you next Oct.!:D

Martita B.

Deana,

I am sorry our paths won't cross on the Legend this fall. We too are Spirit loyalists but we enjoyed the Pride and I know we will love the Legend.After all it IS Seabourn. How lucky can we get. However, Sailor Boy wanted to bring his Seabourn Spirit polo shirt but I nixed that idea. (It would almost be like the guy we met on Seabourn once who went around every day wearing his Crystal T-shirt.)

I heard from Barry and he stated how incredibly excited he is to be returning to Seabourn after an absence of 14 years! The downside of course was saying goodbye to all of his friends over at Regent but he's hoping that many of his guests will join him aboard the Seabourn Odyssey next year. He feels very proud and honored to be a part of an incredible team of individuals which Seabourn have assembled for the Odyssey.

Welcome back Barry!

Host Dan

Sailor Boy wanted to bring his Seabourn Spirit polo shirt but I nixed that idea. (It would almost be like the guy we met on Seabourn once who went around every day wearing his Crystal T-shirt.)

I wear my Seabourn Pride sweatshirt on the Seabourn Legend! :D

Are you really that fashion-consious??? Please! :rolleyes: :eek:

Matt,

If I wasn't taken into custody for wearing my U.S. Navy Top Gun coveralls suit I don't think Sailor Boy has one worry wearing his Spirit Polo shirt on the Legend!:eek: I offered Atlantic helicopter tours last Pride March Crossing ~~even Captain Anderssen ask to be my ocean tour director! We had a long list of "riders" but the Atlantic wasn't cooperative and we had to postpone our tours!:cool:

Everybody was disappointed!

Martita B.

post script: I hope our new Odyssey

CD is not reading all this ~~he'd be

wonderin', "what have I gotten myself into?"

If I wasn't taken into custody for wearing my U.S. Navy Top Gun coveralls suit

I'm surprised the officials in the Canaries didn't take you in for questioning! :eek:

Back on topic - I won't be meeting this Mr Barry anytime soon. They'll have to drag me kicking and screaming from the triplets!!

• 3 weeks later...

We've known Barry for some years on Regent. As CD, he brought the Voyager out, and more recently has been on the Mariner. He is quite knowledgeable about the British royalty, and was asked to sing at Princess Diana's funeral, I believe. He is a delightful, interesting man, on the ball and friendly almost to a fault. Seabourn has been very fortunate to lure him away from Regent. We're going to be sailing with him again in Odyssey in the near future if at all possible!

Archived