Penn Station NYC to Cape Liberty

ABay22000

ABay... Pay attention to 138east. Get to NJ first. There are trains from Penn Station to the AirLink (I think that's the correct name) that goes direct to the terminals at Newark Airport. Then, check the thread below this one on getting to the ship from there.

How much would a cab be from Penn Station NYC to Cape Liberty pier and

how long is the ride?

Thanks.

It would cost you a fortune because a NYC cabbie cannot pick up a return fare in NJ.

Can you take NJ Transit train from NYC Penn Station to NJ Penn Station and pick up a cab there?

Blue Herons is right - go to Penn Station in Newark and take a cab from there. Don't bother going to the airport - it costs more money and I bet the cabs will quote you a higher price as well.

We still haven't heard from the OP as to how they are getting to Penn Station NY. If they are coming in on Amtrak from the south, they can just get off at Newark. However, perhaps they are staying in NY or coming in on the LIRR. They also haven't mentioned their luggage situation, which always seems to be the biggest issue. We also need to know what day of the week and what time in order to give an estimate of the time to get to Bayonne. For the train to Newark and cab to Bayonne, I'm thinking an hour is a very generous estimate since the Newark trains run frequently. I'm also thinking it will take about 45 minutes by cab assuming no traffic jams.

We always come to NYC by Amtrak to Penn Station. What I think we're going to do is take the train to Penn Station NJ. We're coming the day before and stay at the Hilton right at the station and then take a cab to the

pier the day of the cruise.

Then on the return take a cab to Penn NJ to catch our train back up north.

What do you think?

We always come to NYC by Amtrak to Penn Station. What I think we're going to do is take the train to Penn Station NJ. We're coming the day before and stay at the Hilton right at the station and then take a cab to the

pier the day of the cruise.

Then on the return take a cab to Penn NJ to catch our train back up north.

What do you think?

YUP!:D :)

Just one more thought. You still didn't tell us where you are coming from.

If you are coming into NY on Amtrak and the train continues on South (i.e. you are coming from New England), then buy a ticket to Newark. If you are coming into NY and the train does not continue (i.e. you have to get off regardless), you may want to buy a NJ Transit ticket from NY to Newark so you can hop on the next Newark train.

This may cost a few dollars more, but the Amtrak service between NY and Newark can be infrequent. I looked at a schedule from Buffalo to Newark and there was a 2 hour+ layover in New York, which is ridiculous. Weekdays there are trains to Newark 4 times an hour and on weekends twice an hour.

Archived