Neptune Lounge Amenities

Speedcouch

We are scheduled to leave on the Oosterdam for Alaska on Saturday with a Superior Verandah. My travel agent has been "promising" we might get an upgrade to a Deluxe Verandah Suite, but everytime she comes back with just a "reduced price." Now it's down to $149 a person and I'm tempted; however, I'm not really clear what the Neptune Lounge really gives you. Could someone answer two crucial questions for me?

1. Is WI-FI no charge there (which is something we would be

interested in)?

2. Do "refreshments" mean beer/wine at no charge?

We could probably drink $200 of beverages easily, so that might be

worth it. ;)

I'd love the larger suite alone, but don't think my husband would care that much. The WI-FI and beverage service might convince him.

So if any of you experienced cruisers could answer my questions, it would be really helpful in making a decision.

Thanks!

Cheryl

I'd take that upgrade for $149 each in a heartbeat. There are lots of threads about the Neptune Lounge, so just look around a bit for that ... BUT there are so many other benefits of the SA category, I'd grab that quick before the offer goes away. :)

You are not going to get free alcohol (except the welcome shindig they hold for suite passengers in the Neptune Lounge), you pay for internet period.

In addition to the larger cabin and verandah, you also get laundry and dry cleaning, dining preference, special suite luncheon, and many other special amenities.

I would jump on that upgrade in a heart beat.

Have a great cruise whatever you decide.

We are scheduled to leave on the Oosterdam for Alaska on Saturday with a Superior Verandah. My travel agent has been "promising" we might get an upgrade to a Deluxe Verandah Suite, but everytime she comes back with just a "reduced price." Now it's down to $149 a person and I'm tempted; however, I'm not really clear what the Neptune Lounge really gives you. Could someone answer two crucial questions for me?

1. Is WI-FI no charge there (which is something we would be

interested in)? NO. You still have to pay for internet in order to use it although you do get a signal there.

2. Do "refreshments" mean beer/wine at no charge? NO it means coffee, cappuccino and snacks thoughout the day. Free liquor only when a reception in being held there.

We could probably drink $200 of beverages easily, so that might be

worth it. ;)

I'd love the larger suite alone, but don't think my husband would care that much. The WI-FI and beverage service might convince him.

So if any of you experienced cruisers could answer my questions, it would be really helpful in making a decision.

Thanks!

Cheryl

Hope this helps make the decision.

There are not free drinks like beer, wine, alcohol in the Neptune Lounge -- just iced water, iced tea in the afternoons, cranberry juice, orange juice in the morning, coffee machine that makes lattes and capacchinos besides regular coffee.

All PS, SA, SB and SC categories:

Separate check-in line at embarkation

Personalized stationary

Use of the Npetune Lounge and the concierges

Boutonniere and corsage for the first formal night

Free laundry, free pressing, free dry cleaning

Priority temdering

Priority disembarkation

Free use of binoculars

Free use of a large umbrella

MAYBE a private suite cocktail party in the Neptune Lounge (we did not have one on our Westerdam 19 day or 7 day cruises this past spring)

MAYBE an invitation to a VIP party

Maybe a suite buffet or sit down lunch -- depends on itinerary and HM

Free bottle of champagne compliments of the HM and captain

Continental Breakfast in the Neptune Lounge is from 7 AM - 11 AM on port days and 7:30 - 11 AM on sea days. They cereals, rolls, pastries, cold meats, cheeses, typical contanental breakfast.

At 11 - 2 or 3 -- small tea sandwiches, cookies, chocolates, desserts.

from 3 - 5 -- more tea sandwiches, cakes, cookies, chocolates, etc.

From 5 - 8:30 (when Neptune Lounge closes) -- cold appetizers and crudites.

ALL FREE.

The concierges can also make appointements for you for dinner at the spciealty restaurant, make spa appointements, make change for you -- book shore excursions.

Better grab that upgrade before it is too late! Access to the Neptune Lounge is just one of the amenities you get with the suite. Love their mini sandwiches. We often just have those for our lunch and can bypass the Lido. The concierge is worth her wait in gold when it comes to dining reservations. Unlimited free laundry and pressing is my very favorite perk. Less packing! So go with the upgrade. You won't regret it!

KK,

I am glad you threw in "MAYBE". :) We have experienced no cocktail party or luncheon more than once, each time it was on a 10 day cruise. I would hate to see someone disappointed.

That's why I put it in BIG letters.

We didn't the private suite cocktail party on either the 19 day or 7 day Westerdam cruises.

And no suite lunch or buffet on the Canada/New England cruises -- too port intensive -- they couldn't get it fit in. They can't even have the Mariner Brunch on those itineraries either.

On the Canada/New England cruises, they run TWO cocktail parties. A welcome aboard and a farewell. There is one sea day in that seven day cruise and they can't possibly fit in all the activities so they compensate in other ways. We always love the farewell parties as we have a chance to say goodbye to new and old friends.

We had four Suite cocktail parties on our recent cruises and they all were great. IMO ....:)

Thanks to everyone for your great responses! I think we are going to take the upgrade. Just hope we haven't waited too long. My husband didn't get home to discuss it until after the TA had gone home for the day. Hopefully one of the two SB suites will still be available tomorrow.

Cheryl

Good choice Cheryl. And one more perk-you can have breakfast every morning in the Pinnacle Grill. That is so much nicer than the Lido or even the dining room-very quiet and relaxing.

Of course the temptation is to have a bite from the NL, then to the PG for breakfast, then a bite at the NL, then lunch, then tea, then appetizers, then dinner etc. etc. If it wasn't for walking the steps and hitting the gym who knows how much weight I could gain. :D

Have a great trip

St. Louis Sal

Good choice Cheryl. And one more perk-you can have breakfast every morning in the Pinnacle Grill.

I've always wondered about this perk.

Is the breakfast offered there any different than say what you could get in the dining room? If not, then what is the value of the perk?

I'm just curious, that's all.

Blue skies ...

--rita

The menu is the same. The setting is more intimate, quieter and very relaxing. The service is excellent. It is a lovely way to start the day....... but we prefer Room Service. :) In our two weeks on Maasdam from which we just returned, we never once had breakfast in Pinnacle.

We enjoyed lunch there and a number of dinners but no breakfast.

We had breakast there every morning on our recent Maasdam cruise. The perks...most often we were the only diners so we had very personalied service. Also, after the first morning, they knew our coffee and juice preferences, names, etc. and in the main dining room at breakfast and lunch you are unlikely to get the same waiter twice. We loved having "our table" in the Pinnacle and found it a very tranquil way to begin the day.

My first ship (age eight) was the original Queen Elizabeth, a true Ocean Liner. The Penthouse, Deluxe Veranda Suites and The Neptune Lounge represent a return to the Ocean Liner tradition of First Class Travel. You get what you pay for, and it's well worth it.

Ed and Sharon

For $300.00 for the cabin I would take it because..we pay for the laundry and pressing anyway which recently was $99.00 for 10 days..so for $100.00 more per person you get a lot, as listed above and the Champagne may cost $50.00, so for us it would really only be an extra $150.00.

Archived