Concierge Class Question

Boiler Cruiser

My DW and I are considering a Baltic Cruise on the Constellation, sailing out of Harwich, England.

We are thinking about getting a Concierge Class cabin.

I know what the brochures/ guide books say about Concierge Class on Celebrity ships, but I would like to hear from those of you with first-hand experience.

How does Concierge Class compare with other accommodations with verandas?

What are the pluses, in your opinion? Any minuses?

Thanks...

For us, the number one advantage of a CC cabin is the larger balcony. We really like to spend time out there - especially having breakfast. It's wonderful to have a table large enough for dining!

The other amenities are nice, but not a deal breaker. We did enjoy the choice of pillows (I think we wound up with about 5 :D), and it was nice to have crackers and cheese every afternoon without having to call room service or go upstairs to the cafe. And the bottle of sparking wine was great for sailaway.

I do think that the service from our stateroom attendant was substantially better than we received in the regular balcony, but then it could be that our CC attendant just provided better service in general.

We had a concierge class cabin on our Baltic cruise on Century. In addition to what Janine mentioned, we enjoyed the flowers in the room (and bathroom!) and the extras on the room service breakfast menu. The pillow menu was great and we also ended up with about 5 pillows after trying several types.

The Baltic cruise is amzing- enjoy!

We love CC, the better room service menu, the double cruise credit count, the appetizers and fresh flowers, and fruit in the room, the little things, they add up for us, that it's all worth it!

As far as service, I think we had great service in both regular and CC, we just prefer the CC class.

Enjoy your cruise!!

IMO, one of the biggest benefits of Concierge Class is the expanded breakfast menu. At home I eat breakfast first thing in the morning in my PJ's, and I don't like having to get up and get dressed to go get breakfast in the ship's restaurant, so room service is my preference. It's also great for port days with a morning excursion - we'll use breakfast delivery as our wake-up call.

Without the Concierge Class breakfast menu, your room service breakfast options are VERY limited.

The only 'minus' I can think of is cost.

We started with Oceanvew; then on a S Carribean cruise, we were offered a Veranda for just a little increase. Jumped on it. The only negative was we could never go back. Loved Verandas! Then they offered Concierage for just a few bucks more and we jumped on that. We loved CC! It's not a requirement, but we enjoy the little extras. I think the larger Veranda on M-Class and the full breakfasts are well worth it. Enjoy the nice flowers also I've seen that some say they can order the full breakfast in regular rooms by writing in what they want - great. But I like the menu option.

As to a negative - look at the price difference. I usually don't go for the C1 but the C2 because the C2 is usually only a bit more. Just depends on the cruise. Very subjective of what the cutoff would be. Haven't run into it yet for us.

Denny

On the Infinity, we had a CC cabin while my dad had a "Deluxe Oceanview." Comparing our experiences, I felt that the extra cost of a CC was not really worth the extra perks. I didn't eat the canapes and we didn't wish to order room service, so those advantages didn't mean much to us. In retrospect, I would spring for a CC cabin again only if the location was great. I wouldn't do it for the sake of the amenities.

The only negative? The canapes are revolting. Certainly not something most folks would pay extra for. Unless you specifically ask for pillows from the pillow menu it's not something we've ever been offered by our stateroom attendant.

The flowers are nice; the larger Concierge Class toiletries are great; and if you're lucky enough to get the canvas bag you'll definitely have to take one home. Is it worth the extra cost? That depends upon how much of an additional charge over and above the deluxe stateroom we're talking about... :)

the CC breakfast menu - are we allowed to order from that on the last day prior to debarkation?

We would really miss it if they don't allow us to do that on the last day too.

Room service breakfast is not generally available on the day of debarkation in my experience. I think the crew has too many other things on their plate. So enjoy it all the other mornings and have a relaxing breakfast in the dining room on debarkation day.

The only negative? The canapes are revolting. Certainly not something most folks would pay extra for.

This is true. The best option is to ask your attendant on the first day to change it to cheese and crackers for the duration.

We enjoy the wine upon arrival and really enjoy the fresh fruit, so in reality the wine and fruit turn out very very expensive. So I to book CC because of the location in the ship, but still enjoy the expensive wine and fruit. Breakfast is coffee so the menu doesn't mean much to us. The flowers I really notice when I first walk in, then spend the rest of the time moving them so I can have more counter room. Personally we don't even notice the pillows or the larger balcony. So is CC worth it, depends on who you are.

We upgraded to CC as for our Alaska Infinity cruise the CC class includes the aft balconies. For this reason, we spent the extra to upgrade to CC. I can't wait to have breakfast on my extra large aft balcony while cruising through Alaska.

Someone mentioned double cruise credits for booking CC. Can anyone elaborate on this?

We upgraded to CC as for our Alaska Infinity cruise the CC class includes the aft balconies. For this reason, we spent the extra to upgrade to CC. I can't wait to have breakfast on my extra large aft balcony while cruising through Alaska.

Someone mentioned double cruise credits for booking CC. Can anyone elaborate on this?

Yes I have sailed CC & you get an extra credit if you book a cc cabin or suite.

We are spoiled because we have sailed CC & sky suite for us it is worth the difference to have the larger cabins & balcony. We have enjoyed selecting from the breakfast menu & having breakfast out on our balcony especially the aft balcony. We have also enjoyed the better towels, & love the pillow menu. By the time we are done you can't find the bed with all of the pillows. If the cabin attendent does not mention the pillow's to you there is usally a pillow menu in your cabin.

When we were in CC for the first time last June, they still had the leather card holder.

Also, for us, it was worth the upgrade price (we got in for a $20 difference which I think was a one-day computer glitch; the next day it was a $200 difference which I still would have paid). Breakfast on our balcony was wonderful; We used the additional pillows (the menu is inside the binder on the desk, as is the room service menu).

The flowers were very nice, freshened once during our seven day cruise, and we also enjoyed the sparkling wine at sailaway, the fresh fruit and canapes daily, and our room attendant was EXCELLENT!

I know that it's completely subjective, but we loved it!

We REALLY love the Breakfast in the cabin each morning....only wish the Waffles were on there! I didn't realize how nice it was to have the nicer towels, hair dryer, shower head and pillows until we did a regular type cabin this past year. I even missed the yucky canapes!

Alisia

My DW and I are considering a Baltic Cruise on the Constellation, sailing out of Harwich, England.

We are thinking about getting a Concierge Class cabin.

I know what the brochures/ guide books say about Concierge Class on Celebrity ships, but I would like to hear from those of you with first-hand experience.

How does Concierge Class compare with other accommodations with verandas?

What are the pluses, in your opinion? Any minuses?

Thanks...

You don't mention what the cost difference is, but bear in mind, Constellation is one of the ships where a CC cabins is larger than the standard balcony cabins. While we can live without the canapes, the other amenities (especially the larger cabin) are worth it IMO.

Loved our CC cabin on Constellation. And if you can snag 6143 or 6144 they are absolutely marvelous. The deck is teak wood and about 4 times the size of the normal balcony, because it has to match up with the suites on either side. Deck 6 is where all the suites are located, and our cabin attendant had (6or8) suites as well as our cabin. He was wonderful too, every time we opened our door, there he was. Have no idea if he cloned himself to be able to service all the cabins at such a level.

And as everyone else has said, all the little amenities are really quite nice. They will spoil you. I paid $400 more for the CC, because we started out as 3 in the cabin, then one cancelled.

Have a great trip!

Also booked a CC on Century and Solstice. CC on Century was less than a reg. veranda cabin, so we figured it would be a great buy! :)

Booked a C1 on Solstice due to location, as all the CC cabins are on the higher decks, while the reg. veranda cabins are on the lower decks. Wanted to be high up and see the sea, not the lifeboats right below me.

Loved our CC cabin on Constellation. And if you can snag 6143 or 6144 they are absolutely marvelous. The deck is teak wood and about 4 times the size of the normal balcony, because it has to match up with the suites on either side. Deck 6 is where all the suites are located, and our cabin attendant had (6or8) suites as well as our cabin. He was wonderful too, every time we opened our door, there he was. Have no idea if he cloned himself to be able to service all the cabins at such a level.

And as everyone else has said, all the little amenities are really quite nice. They will spoil you. I paid $400 more for the CC, because we started out as 3 in the cabin, then one cancelled.

Have a great trip!

Hello...We are so excited, because several months ago I read about the cabins 6143 and 6144 on the Constellation being so sensational.

When we booked this years, November 10th, 11 night cruise, these two cabins were obviously taken, so we took CC class cabin 9142. My travel agent, who in our opinion is one of the sharpest travel people I have ever met, knew we wanted this cabin and said she would put us on a waiting list, in case one of those cabins opened up.

Last month, by some miracle, someone must have cancelled, and we now have cabin 6144.

After reading the first line of your post, we are even more excited. You can continue talking about this room even more and fill our egos if you want.

This is our first cruise on Celebrity and it sounds like a great way to kick it off by being in this cabin. Thank-you for mentioning these rooms.

Dave

Personally, I don't see many positives, but we always book concierge, if only to get the two credits for the cruise instead of one. Call me cheap. You get the canapes, you get the champagne, you get the fruit, the pillows, blah blah blah. If it's about the money, I would personally save the bucks.

Archived