Welcome Captain Lis Lauritsen

rubrrick

Royal Caribbean has just promoted their second female to the position of Master.

Welcome Captain Lis Lauritsen. She will be taking over tomorrow from Captain Thore Thorolvsen as the newest master, and the master of the Jewel of the Seas...........for now! :)

She has been the Staff Captain of the Jewel for a period of time.

I look forward to comments from the passengers that will be sailing with her.

Rick

Royal Caribbean has just promoted their second female to the position of Master.

Welcome Captain Lis Lauritsen. She will be taking over tomorrow from Captain Thore Thorolvsen as the newest master, and the master of the Jewel of the Seas...........for now! :)

She has been the Staff Captain of the Jewel for a period of time.

I look forward to comments from the passengers that will be sailing with her.

Rick

Rick, if you happen to know Captain Lauritsen, please say "Omedeto gozaimasu' from me - she will probably know what that is....

I am ecstatic that she is promoted, finally. Have to get DH to book a cruise on Jewel so we can sail with her....

Fran in Toronto

Royal Caribbean's come a long way since we first sailed on the Song of Norway in 1987. In 1993 we we going through the Panama Canal and talked to a lady on deck. She was the first woman promoted by RCI into a management position and she was in charge of the bars onboard. She was very proud of her achievement as she should have been.

Now they have two lady Masters and many other women in management positions..

Well, I used :confused: because I couldn't tell from her name that her mother was Japanese. What a neat combination. Thanks for the info.

Ah - I took it the wrong way..sorry. Yes - and apparently she is pretty gorgeous from all accounts, plus well liked. The husbands of the Cutie Captains Fan Club have decided they need to have a club for women captains :D I've told my DH we definitely need to book Jewel. There's a part of me that thinks she may eventually wind up on Rhapsody since they are now doing the Asian route....

So now RCI has TWO women masters - way to go RCI!!!!

Fran in Toronto

Archived