Acapulco All questions answered.

Tacos&Beer

GoMexico- thank you for the detailed answer -- I really appreciate it....from other posts we had decided to view from the platforms -- and I had a 'feeling' that the day time would be better for see the divers vs the night time....but our friends wanted to see the night show with torches.

This will work out perfectly.

Thank you so very much for the heads up on the viewing fee as well.

But - one more question..... so that first viewing set up for the cruise ship excursion at about 8:45 or so -- that would be the only one before the regular show at 12:30??

Thanks again

In re-reading the posts I see I omitted my thanks to YOU, Aca Joe, as well for posting the ship schedule. Thank you for checking this out! Sorry to have omitted you in my first reply.

You both do such a great job with quick replies - we all appreciate your efforts - especially answering the same questions over and over and over! Thanks for your patience!

Before the first regularly-scheduled daily show at 12:30 p.m., the only shows I'm aware of that take place are ones specially arranged for by the excursion folks working with the cruise lines. I've never seen the 8:30 a.m. show, and doubt I'd enjoy it - but if it was the only such early show, maybe there's no other choice. I've attended some of the 10:30 a.m. shows for excursion folks and find that hour of the a.m. to be good for the purpose. If more than one ship is in port when you'll be there maybe there'll be an additional, early show and you could ask around for that information as soon as you arrive.

Well, I will call the Carnival excursion number tomorrow and find out the details of what they 'think' is planned. There is one cliff diver tour in combo with a 'motor coach' to a lagoon and mexican restaurant - 3 1/2 hrs. We may just pay for that and go - we'd be first off the ship and won't have to worry about the particulars of any 'special' shows or missing our only chance, etc.

Bummer that they changed our itinerary and it gives us such a short visit to ACA! :mad:

As far as we can tell there are no other 'main line' cruise ships in port that day.

Thanks for trying to help us out with the details!

Our cruise ends in ACA on Sat. Jan 3, 2009, early in the morning and we’re assuming we can get off the ship by about 9:30 AM. Our fight home leaves ACA at 2:40 PM, so we’d like to arrange for a driving tour of the city.

Are there any independent tour/taxi services available with English speaking drivers that you can recommend? It would be just DW and me (with luggage) and we’d love have a tour of this beautiful city, terminating at the airport by about 12:30 PM.

Our three hour window is restrictive, but it’s better than nothing.

Suggestions?

We are leaving on the Spirit Dec 14. Our scheduled arrival time in Acapulco is noon and scheduled to leave at 1 am. In checking the shore excursions I noticed that the city tour and cliff divers is at 8:30 am... Me thinks something is rotten in Denmark. LOL..

Our cruise ends in ACA on Sat. Jan 3' date=' 2009, early in the morning and we’re assuming we can get off the ship by about 9:30 AM. Our fight home leaves ACA at 2:40 PM, so we’d like to arrange for a driving tour of the city.

Are there any independent tour/taxi services available with English speaking drivers that you can recommend? It would be just DW and me (with luggage) and we’d love have a tour of this beautiful city, terminating at the airport by about 12:30 PM.

Our three hour window is restrictive, but it’s better than nothing.

Suggestions?[/quote']

You can try here: http://www.acapulcorosiestours.com

We have been to Acapulco several times so have done all of the must see's. This time we just want to go to a flea market. Where is it located from where the ship docks and how much should the taxi driver charge us?

Also in the machado/catherdal area is there a flea market?

What would be the best way to get from the port to the Hyatt hotel? We will be staying for a couple of days after getting off the cruise ship. Can we get a taxi right at the port or should we make arrangements thru the hotel?

has anyone used Olga Olmedo de Escuèn, of Pink Lady in Acapulco? she has suggested the following tour for our grouip of 5..we will have two mothers with us who are 82 and 83 years old, not immobile, but we would like to keep the walking to a minimum;

During the city tour we will visit :

-The famous cliff divers at La Perla Restaurant. I can take care of resevantions. The prices at this moment are : with 2 drinks $ 20.00 dollars per person or dinner with with one domestic drink $ 45.00 dollars per person.

At night the shows are at 7.30 pm , 8.30 pm, 9.30 pm and the last show 10.30 p.m. with tourches.

-The Flamingos Hotel, home of the Hollywood gang of the 50·s

-The tipical flea market (special place to bargain)

-Chapel of peace

-Señor Frogs (panoramic sight)

-Princess Hotel, the replic from chichenitza piramid and turtle camp.

-Stopping for panoramic pictures.

My vehicle is a suburban with 7 passangers full capacity with air conditined.

JUST WANT TO GET OFF CARNIVAL SPIRIT...GRAB A CAB TO NEARBY SPA FOR MASSAGES...DO YOU KNOW REPUTABLE MASSAGE SPAS?...COSTS???...TAXI RIDE COST???

GRACIAS IN ADVANCE!!!

If you have some questions about Acapulco, post 'em here and i will answer all i can.

About 3 blocks away from the cruise terminal you will find the fihser's warf (Malecon) there are many local fishing boats waiting for customers, most of them will offer gear, bait and license (beer at your request it), for lunch you can buy a sandwich at the 100% natural restaurant (it's on the way to the malecon) , the price can vary with the size of the boat. You will talk with the owners and arrange a rate , just let him know what you wish to fish, probaly just go up and down the coast line.

This time of year is not the best for fishing IMO, hopefully it won't rain, we stioll expect a few showers in October.

how is april for fishing?

If you have some questions about Acapulco, post 'em here and i will answer all i can.

i want to have dinner at su casa restaurant. i've read the reviews and it sounds just perfect with a good sunset view and very good food. my question is how far is it from the pier (i'll be on the star princess nov 14th arrival)? can you walk there or do you need a taxi? how much should we pay for the taxi? where is the best place to get the taxi?

thanks

You are great at responding so hopefully you can help me too. We are arriving on the Carnival Spirit on Nov 7 and my 19 year old nephew would like to do a bungee jump. Is there a place in Acapulco where he can do this, and have a hospital near by for me after watching him jump?:eek: Do you have any other extreme sport places that you would suggest and maybe give me an idea of how to get there since we're a group of 9.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Hi Tacos & Beer -- thanks for providing all this info, it is wonderful! I will be in Acapulco Dec. 1 -- noon to 1 a.m. It is a special occasion for my DBF so am taking him out to dinner at Pampano (formerly Madeiras) at 9 p.m., preceded by 7:30 p.m. cliff diver show.

From noon to 4 p.m. or so we'd like to do beach time -- am leaning toward La Caleta with lunch at La Cabana, but read La Caleta is not "the prettiest beach in Acapulco." However, I like the fact that it is apparently used by real life Mexican families, and that it is not the "singles scene" that La Condesa sounds like. The other thing that appealed was Puerto *****, but with our limited time I'm thinking that might be way too rushed. Would you recommend La Caleta for some sunning, swimming and lunch? Or is there another fairly close in beach that is more scenic and would better fit the bill?

Thanks so much!

Tess

Here's a link to comments I posted to the other discussion where you've asked about Acapulco beaches, for the benefit of people who may look here in the future: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=870474

It's probably best, in the furture, to start a separate discussion for each question, for ease of finding/answering the discussions.

Have a great trip!

My father and I will be taking the Coral Princess cruise out of ACA on Saturday, Nov 29. We are arriving about 2pm on Thur, Nov 29 (Thanksgiving), and will be staying at the Hyatt until we go to the cruise ship on Saturday. My question is whether a day trip to Taxco on that Friday is worth doing based on the travel time, scenery on the drive, and value of the shopping once we get there.

Thank you for any advice you can provide.

My father and I will be taking the Coral Princess cruise out of ACA on Saturday, Nov 29. We are arriving about 2pm on Thur, Nov 29 (Thanksgiving), and will be staying at the Hyatt until we go to the cruise ship on Saturday. My question is whether a day trip to Taxco on that Friday is worth doing based on the travel time, scenery on the drive, and value of the shopping once we get there.

Thank you for any advice you can provide.

We went to Taxco in 1997 from Mexico City. I loved the mountains and Taxco. The church was breathtaking and a little dusty, the guide we hired said they could not remove the dust because it damages the building.

I relived every moment when I saw this video. I didn't even recall it being this stunning. If you get a chance, you must visit.

The video is here on the first page. Intersol Tours

Archived