Barcelona hotel

MANDAN

We thoroughly enjoy the Hotel 1898 in Barcelona. Right on Las Ramblas and a short taxi ride from the cruise port. The hotel has a rooftop pool and terrace and an indoor pool and spar in the cellers. The rooms are very comfortable. We had a Ramblas View room at the side of the hotel when we stayed and were not disturbed by noise. Breakfast was good, but we ate out in the evenings so I can't comment on the restaurant.

http://www.hotel1898.com

Enjoy Barcelona

Prospector

As for the three you mentioned, the Meridian is by far the nicest hotel IMHO.:) It has been totally renovated in the last few years while the others have not. As for the Majestic, unless you go for a suite which are very nice, most of the regular rooms face an interior courtyard.:mad:

• 2 weeks later...

I,m spanish, I live in Madrid but I think Barcelona is gorgeous. And it,s mandatory to book a hotel in Paseo de Gracia, the loveliest street in the city, just walking up and down is a pleasure. Majestic Hotel is a classic, and the best hotel around, but if you want a lower rate go to Condes de Barcelona hotel (old building). Enjoy!

• 2 weeks later...
I,m spanish, I live in Madrid but I think Barcelona is gorgeous. And it,s mandatory to book a hotel in Paseo de Gracia, the loveliest street in the city, just walking up and down is a pleasure. Majestic Hotel is a classic, and the best hotel around, but if you want a lower rate go to Condes de Barcelona hotel (old building). Enjoy!

Loved Hotel Pulitzer; going again this October 9th before Azamara Journey

Planning a pre cruise stay in Barcelona. Any suggestions on 5* hotels. Azarama offers the following choices. Casa Fuster, Le Meridien, Hotel Majestic and Artium Palace

www.tripadvisor.com

I believe they own this site also.

there are many nice hotels in Barcelona. We stayed at the Barcelona Center Hotel last Nov. Not 5 star, but very nice.......

We spent last Saturday Night at the Atrium Place. Very clean, excellent service and a very good restaurant for both breakfast and dinner. The front dest personel were particularly helpful and just plain nice.

Hi Ed,

Glad you had a nice time at the Atrium. We stayed there with a group of friends from North and South Wales bnack in 2006. We stayed at the Eurostars Grand Marina last Saturday and Sunday. It was a very nice hotel except for the fact that our room was right above a night club with so called music being played very loudly until 3 a.m.

It was nice meeting you on the cruise. We did not exchange E Mails ours is

plasnewydd3487@aol.com

Peter and Audrey

Hi,

We have stayed at the LeMeridien twice. The first time we faced the Ramblas and since the A/C was only set for summer, we had to open the sliding door. It was a very warm day and it was so noisy. The next time we stayed there (on a land tour), we asked for a room that faced the courtyard or back of hotel. It was great! We were able to walk to the on-off buses and restaurants. Great location. We love Barcelona!!

Sheila

Planning a pre cruise stay in Barcelona. Any suggestions on 5* hotels. Azarama offers the following choices. Casa Fuster, Le Meridien, Hotel Majestic and Artium Palace

We stayed at the Casa Fuster and loved it. The restaurants near the hotel were free from tourists and outstanding. We enjoyed the breakfast as well as the bar, where we would have a cocktail each evening before dinner. We will definately go back to that hotel.

The Arts (a Ritz Carlton) maybe an option. Beautiful right on the Mediterranean. We have also stayed at two new Hilton's in Barcelona, one in the financial district and one in the newer Conference area.

Of the 3, probably on the Ritz is a 5*.

Archived