Curfew during overnight ports

rpjsaj

We are going on a cruise from Seward to Osaka leaving Sept. 18th. We will be stopping overnight in Yokohama. I have made arrangements with a Japan resident (former exchange student) to go sightseeing with us during the first day in port. We wanted to have dinner onshore, but I wondered if there is a time after which you can't get back on the ship. Do they eventually "lock up for the night" when in port? Hope someone has experience with this.

Thanks

We are going on a cruise from Seward to Osaka leaving Sept. 18th. We will be stopping overnight in Yokohama. I have made arrangements with a Japan resident (former exchange student) to go sightseeing with us during the first day in port. We wanted to have dinner onshore, but I wondered if there is a time after which you can't get back on the ship. Do they eventually "lock up for the night" when in port? Hope someone has experience with this.

Thanks

Nope. No babysitters on a cruise. Think of the ship as a hotel; that's exactly what it is. It's your hotel and is open 24/7 just like any other hotel in the world. You are free to come and go when you like.

It's important, however, that you are back onboard by the posted time so you won't be left behind.....:D

Sounds like a great cruise.

This is a cruise ship, a vacation, not a jail. :D

You come and go at will when in port. You will be told when the ship is cleared and guests can go ashore and will be told by what time you must be back aboard for sailaway.

If you aren't back in time, I hope you have your camera to get a fabulous picture of the ship sailing away.

Enjoy that wonderful cruise. :)

Archived