LIVE with Merion Mom from the MAJESTY, 9/12-9/19

Merion_Mom

Hey...another Janet fan.....isn't she great?. We love her to death!:D

I do assume we're talking about the same Janet. She was also our waiter in the main dining room. Such a sweet, sweet person and by far the best waiter we have ever had.

Hey... yes, she just was promoted to Assistant Manager of the Windjammer.... she looks so cute in her uniform.... have a picture, but don't know if I should post it here... anyway... we have known her for a few years and love her to pieces!!!!

Darn.if I had thought about I could had hidden a cocoloco behind a palm tree for ya,Carol.......since I was there Sunday:p

Careful of the jellyfish..i got stung twice:( :( didnt even see the little buggers......and didnt even feel them till I got outta the water....OUCH!

Hi...we may be on Majesty in a couple of weeks and wanted to know where you ran into the Jellyfish, so we can be on the look out for them.

Bob:)

Hey... yes, she just was promoted to Assistant Manager of the Windjammer.... she looks so cute in her uniform.... have a picture, but don't know if I should post it here... anyway... we have known her for a few years and love her to pieces!!!!

Fantastic!:D

Feel free to e-mail me the pic.....we would love to see it!

texcruise at yahoo dot com

Hi Carol

It was nice to see you onboard. Hope you are having a great rest of your cruise.

One question... How is it that me and Gmoney can be in the same room at the same time???? Perhaps we can ask Parrott Head LOL

Stephen

Cause you are two different people that travel together.Hope all the Floridians didnt bother you.:rolleyes: ......I know how you feel about them.

Hi...we may be on Majesty in a couple of weeks and wanted to know where you ran into the Jellyfish, so we can be on the look out for them.

Bob:)

as you walk past the bbq area,it was in the water on your left...........but trust me,I was looking out for them.............never saw them........

is this jellyfish season there? We'll be at CocoCay in less than 10 days. It was end of April/May the last time I was there and I didn't see any or hear of anyone getting stung

I think there is always a chance of jellyfish in any body of water..

I have heard they are around more times than others at certain times(but I dont know when that is)

Carol,

Good to hear that you are having a good time on the Majesty, in just 3 days and I'm going on the Sovereign for 3 nights, too bad we aren't cruising again together. Enjoy the rest of your cruise.

donna

Donna, let's coordinate better - I'd love to cruise with you guys again!

In Nassau on Tuesday, we did the Comfort Suites with wristbands for Atlantis.

Man, that place is AMAZING.

I had already seen The Dig (with you-know-who), so we headed straight for the pool area.

It was very easy to enter the property, go to a towel hut, and get wristbands and nice towels.

The loungers are VERY plentiful, and nice. Most have a built-in individual adjustable canopy.

Our main goal was the "lazy river" - the fast one. It has so-called rapids, and it is truly amazing and fabulous. It is just fast enough and active enough to be worth going around again and again and again. It's a real WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!! kind of a ride. There are even "conveyor belt" escalator thingies to lift you at certain points.

I did, however, get too much sun, and spent some time on Tuesday afternoon and night applying cold towels, and lots of moisturizing lotion to my shins. Yes, people, shins are a delicate area, because they aren't usually exposed to direct sunlight.

When you are lying in an inner tube, however, lots of areas of rarely exposed skin are just ASKING for some sunburn.

Mine actually isn't too bad - Courtney's is all yucky and she is very sensitive to any touch.

Yes, Denise and I have adopted two young 'uns. We're having a great time with Courtney and Tiffany.

Since I had had enough sun, I made today a "Sea Day", although the ship was anchored at CocoCay. Denise took the first tender over and did Yoga on the Beach. (and as she said at dinner, "No, it's not some complicated Caribbean drink! ;)")

We had a late lunch (2-ish) at Johnny Rockets, and it was the best ever. Relatively empty, and the waiters sang and danced four times. (or was it five? :confused: ) It was GREAT, and I could barely eat any dinner seven hours later!

(ok, I *did* manage one appetizer, one main course, and one dessert...............)

Our table has really started to rock. We have the same table and same waiter and assistant waiter as on the 3-night, but they have really perked up. It's a table for six, and we are: Denise and myself, Tiffany and Courtney, Ray (snoozeman) and Dick, an older gentleman from Fort Lauderdale.

Originally, there was this poor non-English-speaking couple from Colombia. Tiffany and Courtney were at a table for six with one Norwegian couple who apparently didn't like them.

So I went to Wolfgang, the Maitre D', and had the Colombians switched to (miracle of miracles...........why couldn't RC think of this? ) a table of COLOMBIANS, and had C & T switched to *our* table.

Then this afternoon, Denise and I had a private, personal bridge tour. :D :D :D

Tonight was both Love & Marriage and Quest.

Jimmy Rhodes is a HELL of a Cruise Director. He really keeps those games moving, but he is FUNNY FUNNY FUNNY, and actually has some new questions and some new Quests.

Word of advice, which is obvious to experienced Questers: Sit down front!

There is no way to win if it takes you that much longer just to get to the stage floor, no matter how fast you get the item.

Jimmy is originally a dancer, and on Tuesday night, he danced in the production show! He's good, too!

Tomorrow night's final show is the same production show we saw last time, so we'll have more time to pack. :(

When I get home on Friday night, I'll get to work on both my Liberty photo album (sorry about that) and my Majesty pictures.

Do you want to see Disney pictures, too, or just cruise pics?

Carol, I hope you enjoyed your time here in Key West today. It was great to finally meet you. Have a safe trip to Miami! :D

Oh my, you are FAST, Paul!

Thank you for the MARVELOUS tour of the lower Keys. You are a fabulous host - I loved seeing those off-the-beaten-path places. ;) (particularly the guns! :D)

Keep the Keys safe for us all.

Carol

is this jellyfish season there? We'll be at CocoCay in less than 10 days. It was end of April/May the last time I was there and I didn't see any or hear of anyone getting stung

I've heard here on the boards that the storms somehow stir them up, don't know how true it is though. I'll buy it though.;)

Carol - thank you so much for the Comfort Suites/Atlantis report - so when you get to Comfort, is it kind of wink-wink, check in, check out, we know you really aren't planning to use our room? Or just a very straight forward process? I've been wanting to do the water ride, and it sounds like fun. :)

Carol - thank you so much for the Comfort Suites/Atlantis report - so when you get to Comfort, is it kind of wink-wink, check in, check out, we know you really aren't planning to use our room? Or just a very straight forward process? I've been wanting to do the water ride, and it sounds like fun. :)

It's very straightforward.

The Comfort Suites people know that they are making a FORTUNE off this arrangement, and no one is trying to hide anything. You don't even have to return to the property to check out. You just check in, get your Comfort Suites cards, which you take to any towel hut at Atlantis. There you get wristbanded, and they give you nice beach towels.

because I'm doing a b2b in November. So now, a couple of questions...can you tell me a little about your experience when you got back to port in between cruises? Did you have access to your room or did you have to stay out for a period of time? (Based on your report, I decided to book same cabin for simplicity and not try to get upgraded to something nicer booking guarantees) What was the arrangement to get your new sail/sign card? Also, the bridge tour!!! Did you get to do that because you were doing b2b? I'm not diamond status yet, think I could ask for a tour and get one? Thanks--you've got me excited to go!!!

Archived