reply from oceania guest relations re Nautica rome to athens

rachel58

Well at last we have received a response from Simone Edwards from guest relations.As expected the reply was to put it briefly "very sorry,but tough luck,we have no legal liability"Thank you for shopping Oceania!

This reply took them over a month! I doubt if we will be cruising with this line in the near future.

I have 100% sympathy for your reasoning and agree that the responses are very poor.

However I warn you against taking the rash decision of legal action which could embroil for a long time and at the end will likely result in only a marginal award if any...but the possibility of huge costs.

Sometimes it is sensible to bite the bullet and get on with your life and in future shop elsewhere.

Brian

Well at last we have received a response from Simone Edwards from guest relations.As expected the reply was to put it briefly "very sorry,but tough luck,we have no legal liability"Thank you for shopping Oceania!

This reply took them over a month! I doubt if we will be cruising with this line in the near future.

Very disappointing. I'm still waiting to hear back for our response. I know that I will sure watch for how many ports are dock vs. anchor on our future cruises.

I think that the way that they handle Customer Relations reminds me of some the past Companys that went belly up. There is no way with the attitude they have O can survive to be a Quality Cruise Line.......Some interesting facts about he staff......In the "Cruise Vacation Guide " we received from O......Carlo Gunetti was supposed to be the General Manager....... Mario Gutierrez the Conciege. They got replaced . Why? I happened to talk to the Cruise Director and had the feeling he was not happy with O . He told me had a new Contract with Regent . By the way Myrtle I would not pay for the Bus transfers. We were very dissapointed the way they handled the whole situation.

Given the economy, one would think that O would try to retain customers.

Travelfever, would you mind elaborating on why the General Manager and Concierge were changed? Thanks!

It is my thought that perhaps... Money problems, Not happy with the Company policies........I am going to start a new thread, for fellow unhappy passengers on this cruise.......I actually spoke to Director of Customer Relations JoAnn Romizer........305-514-2238.......It wasn't pleasent.

Please disregard me previous post. I have just read the thread on the problem. Of course, safety comes first but EVERYTHING depends on the way on which these situations are handled. The right attitude on the part of the staff and crew can go a long way to diminish the disappointment of missing those ports. I am surprised at O's lack of more compassion and their meager compensation.

Please disregard me previous post. I have just read the thread on the problem. Of course, safety comes first but EVERYTHING depends on the way on which these situations are handled. The right attitude on the part of the staff and crew can go a long way to diminish the disappointment of missing those ports. I am surprised at O's lack of more compassion and their meager compensation.

From what I can ascertain they did dock someplace on several of the ports just not the ones that were scheduled so they would still have to pay port fees.

JMO

But i do agree they could have been more upfront with the details when they could not go to the specific ports.

An on board credit would have gone a long way to soothe instead of a future credit.

Lyn

It is my thought that perhaps... Money problems, Not happy with the Company policies........I am going to start a new thread, for fellow unhappy passengers on this cruise.......I actually spoke to Director of Customer Relations JoAnn Romizer........305-514-2238.......It wasn't pleasent.

When I read this I thought WHOA, Carlo left!?!?! Turns out he and Mario are onboard Regatta, it was nothing more than a crew shift. And FYI, Regent is owned by O, so I am surprised that the CD would say that.

When I read this I thought WHOA, Carlo left!?!?! Turns out he and Mario are onboard Regatta, it was nothing more than a crew shift. And FYI, Regent is owned by O, so I am surprised that the CD would say that.
... Something must of happened.... Why would they have a crew shift? They were featured in our Cruise Vacation Guide, Prepared For the Cruise Rome to Athens August 12th 2008.....which we received 2 weeks before our Cruise. Maybe you don't know every thing that is going on.

... Something must of happened.... Why would they have a crew shift? They were featured in our Cruise Vacation Guide, Prepared For the Cruise Rome to Athens August 12th 2008.....which we received 2 weeks before our Cruise. Maybe you don't know every thing that is going on.

I do know everything that is going on and all that crew shift was..is a crew filling in for people that were coming back late..Shifts happen all the time even at the last minute..the crew is now shifting between 7 ships (including Regent) I also know all the concierge and dont believe anyone is unhappy with O..!!!

Jancruz1

cruise that cancelled 7 out of 11 or something like that ports. My travel agent was on that cruise. She was NOT HAPPY and is not recommending O to anyone. I was/am waitlisted for a big suite on a long cruise, and I am definitely looking elsewhere. Today money is at a premium and good customers may be more of a premium soon. I do believe that O will hurt from this. Our travel agents are with the Signature network and they are big and busy...I am sure that their opinions will influence a lot of people. I do believe in safety, but my agent who cruises all the time said that it was "not that rough" and she has seen much worse and they have tendered. The loss will be to O in the end.

Litigation is way too costly and will not net anything in the end.

I do know everything that is going on and all that crew shift was..is a crew filling in for people that were coming back late..Shifts happen all the time even at the last minute..the crew is now shifting between 7 ships (including Regent) I also know all the concierge and dont believe anyone is unhappy with O..!!!

Jancruz1

Explain ....is a crew filling in for people that were coming back late.. Shifts happen all the time even at the last minute..... This statement has nothing do do with what was going on in this cruise. I wouldn't consider the General Manager and Concierge crew they are listed as Senior Officers. Further more maybe the Conceige wouldn't tell you if he was unhappy.

Yes it was the Cruise Director. I can't speak for the Concierge. It seems that many past passengers are happy with O.. I am just trying to explain how frustrated and cheated that many of us feel on this particular cruise .Unless you were on this cruise it's hard to understand .

Yes it was the Cruise Director. I can't speak for the Concierge. It seems that many past passengers are happy with O.. I am just trying to explain how frustrated and cheated that many of us feel on this particular cruise .Unless you were on this cruise it's hard to understand .

Travel fever..I am just addressing your question about the crew..FYI all staff on board is crew including the Captain..(many times the Captain is changed at the last minute) every one was where they were supposed to be at the time you went on the cruise..

I am signing off on this thread..

Jancruz1

After reading this thread I feel bad that you missed so many beautiful ports and also the way Oceania handled this. We Cruise Crystal as our line of choice and love it. We have also encountered missing ports due to bad weather being a safety issue, but not seven.:eek: Crystal has always made up for a missing port either by going to an alternate port or compensating us for a future cruise.

I thought the former CEO of Crystal went over to "O". I think his name was Joe Watters or Walters.

We wanted to try "O" but since we are smokers we felt it would be too restrictive for us.:( The design and decor look great since we like that old world feeling or should I say classic.

Trying to litigate against the cruise line individually will be very costly and will take a very long time. The only people that will benefit will be the lawyers. I think the cruise contract specifies deletion of ports or substitution. These cruise contracts cover themselves very well.

Can someone that was on the cruise clarify how many ports were missed?

How many were substituted ?

I thought it was 5 now I see 7...

Who was the CD?

I guess it is like all stories as it gets told more & more things become more enhanced;)

Archived