Comfort Inn Airport FLL

Wildcatllamas

I was wondering if anyone has any info or experience with this hotel. It is located at 2520 Stirling Rd. I will be arriving in Fort Lauderdale on Feb 4th for a cruise out of Miami on the 5th so started to check for hotels in both areas.

Barb

We stayed here precruise for 1 night. There are better properties but I'm sure there are worse.

That doesn't sound to positive. Any particulars you would care to share?

Barb

Exterior room entry vs interior entry, furniture not in the greatest shape, forgot to leave enough towels, remote control for TV didn't work, and not the best area. It wasn't any major issues, just alot of little ones.

In previous threads discussing this hotel, there have been comments (many by locals who know the area) about questionable neighborhood, frequent police calls to the property, possible drug dealing, and the suggestion that rooms often are rented to locals by the hour, so to speak.

I have no personal experience with this place ... but, out of curiosity, I did read the various threads and posts about this hotel.

This was an ok place--free pick up from the airport, and free shuttle to the port the next day. Comfort Inn free breakfast. For the price, a place to sleep (not your real vacation-- remember, that is your cruise!)

We actually walked next door to the McDonalds, K-mart, and a diner. Never felt unsafe, and it was at night.

Hmm - sounds like it might be kind of interesting to say the least.:eek: After reading about the "free" shuttle I thought I would call to verify. According to the women I spoke with the shuttle is free to the Fort Lauderdale port. It is $30 a person to POM. For that I could rent a car in FLL and drop off in Miami.

Barb

we are looking at that one for the port of miami package, they pick you up at the airport and have the shuttle to the port of miami, thats pretty hard to come by from what i have seen

Wow, I am flying into FLL too and cruising out of Miami. I'm desperately looking for a FLL hotel with a shuttle to the Miami port -- help!

In previous threads discussing this hotel, there have been comments (many by locals who know the area) about questionable neighborhood, frequent police calls to the property, possible drug dealing, and the suggestion that rooms often are rented to locals by the hour, so to speak.

And that is the tip of the iceburg.

I stayed at the Sleep Inn Dania on 9/14/08 before our Enchantment cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale.

We were REALLY pleased with it, as we wanted to pay the least amount, but be comfortable and get our shuttles.

First of all, my price was an over-50 rate, but they also have an over-60 rate that you have to call and ask for. We paid $81 plus tax. Also, call about whether they shuttle to the Miami port.

The room rate includes airport AND cruise ship shuttles, and breakfast. The aiport shuttle runs on the hour, so when you get off the plane, plan accordingly with your shuttle time. You have to call and ask for the shuttle. It's a 10 - 15 minute drive.

Our room was huge and clean. We had 2 queens, a sofa, small dining table, microwave, and little fridge. Big bathroom, too.

When you check in, make ressies for your cruise shuttle the next morning.

Nice exercise room, too.

The breakfast was OK; typical quick hotel breakfast.

What I loved is literally next door is a Walgreen's. We picked up a case of bottled water to take on the ship with us. Also, across the two lane road is a small shopping center with a Spanish, Italian, Chinese, and Quizno's restaurant, and a Publix grocery store with a fabulous deli.

The cruise shuttle is the SAME SHUTTLE AS THE AIRPORT, so get on it in the morning. We almost missed our shuttle because we thought it was a different one. They will drop off at the airport first, and then take you over to the cruise port. 15 minutes.

Archived