Aft JS on Indy - Poof gone :(

crusinmama06

GRRR I could just scream at the rccl web site right now. I clicked for a courtesy hold on an Aft Balcony on Indy and it held it, but then asked for my account number, which I click on "email my account number" since I couldn't remember it off the top of my head.

Now the Aft has disappeared.

RCCL won't talk to me cause I have my TA holding that ressie. GRRRRRR.

Someone please remind me again WHY I use a TA (sorry TA's but this is just frustrating)

So how good is an Aft JS on a Freedom class???? This is for Independence, Deck 10 Aft. Please tell me that I will hate this cabin and not miss it...lol. Tell me it has some weird smell that would make me sick or something...lol.

There is also an AFT available on Deck 7.

Currently I have a D1 Deck 10 balcony booked. So I would be upgrading if the dumb site would allow it.

i had the same problem yesterday. i quickly called RCI and was able to make the change. I even had them confirm it with an email.

I did not use a TA. Booked directly with RCI. I say call your TA and see what they can do.

I'll keep my fingers and toes crossed for you.

WOOOHOOOO I got the hold on the cabin. Now I just have to wait till the TA office opens in the morning. :(

So tell me if there are any problems with this cabin.

What about the ash on the balcony, still a problem on the Independence or did they fix that????

Great News----glad it worked out for you.:) :) :) :)

We' date=' too, have a D1 AFT DECK 10 on the Independence. How much more is it to upgrade to a Jr. suite?? There are 4 of us, and when we booked, Jr. Suite's were $1,000. more than the D1's...:rolleyes: [/color']

Not all JS' have a sofa bed, make sure you check with RCCL before you book. Also, most of the sofa beds will not sleep two adults. You can request a rollaway, and there is enough room in a JS for one.

Hypo

We' date=' too, have a D1 AFT DECK 10 on the Independence. How much more is it to upgrade to a Jr. suite?? There are 4 of us, and when we booked, Jr. Suite's were $1,000. more than the D1's...:rolleyes: [/color']

Yeah it's $1,000. Shhhhh, I told my hubby it wasn't more than $800. :o

The Aft JS on Deck 10 has a sofa bed and does sleep 4. But we have 2 small children, so the sofa bed is fine.

Michele - Glad you were able to get the cabin you wanted back. You posed the question of why you still use a TA?.....I asked myself that same question the past probably 3 or 4 cruises (been on 19 total).

If your cruising obsessed like we are :p , it makes more sense to me to book it straight with the cruise line. Thats what i did a couple weeks ago, i was amazed at how convenient it was.

Now when i find a discount, price drop, wanna change to a different cabin, i don't need to hunt down the TA, i have full control of it.

It really is alot easier on your own.

I would say the #1 benefit of using a TA is there knowledge and access to information. To be honest (im not knocking all TA's here btw) i know soooooooo much more about cruising than any of the TA's i had ever used in the past.

I say give it a shot next time you book, do it on your own, see how ya like it, after all, TA's are a dying breed, soon to obsolete i would say as well.

Happy Cruising!

I say give it a shot next time you book, do it on your own, see how ya like it, after all, TA's are a dying breed, soon to obsolete i would say as well.

Happy Cruising!

Well it seems like these days I have been booking my own then transferring everything to a TA. I've done that with the past 3 cruises. Booked it direct and then transferred the bookings. (don't ask me why)

The Indy cruise in the only one that worked in reverse, the TA contacted me about the cruise.

Right now I still have control over my Oasis reservation and I think I am going to keep it that way. ;)

I was going to say how awful aft on deck 10 is just to make you feel better!! But now you have managed to get your JS aft back I wont!!! We didnt have a JS but we had a D1 cabin deck 10 (1700) and the JS's are just 2 cabins along from it.

Absolutely great position. No problem with noise, soot or anything at all that I can think of. How lovely you lucky things!!

:)

My last aft cabin was on the Voyager and I was disappointed with it because there was so much steel structure in the rear. Also the aft is slanted and you don't look down at the water. There also is a large "sunning" area on the lowest deck that I think the crew uses. The Freedom ships seem to be similar but I could be wrong. Before the VOS I had an aft on NCL Dawn (suite) and it was just heaven to sit in the calm of the balcony looking straight down at the wake and listing to the music of the churnning water. The downer there was that the balcony was so small. Just can't win!!

We have a GS on the Indy on its TA in a few weeks so we are starting to think about packing. We're hoping London won't be too chilly.

Enjoy your aft...

John L.

I'm not sure why you have a TA if YOU are doing the booking????!!! If a TA is making money off of my vacation, then THEY should be doing all the work!

Yeah I know. :(

It all started with Freedom, I transferred the booking because she said that she "always gives her clients gifts"....so we get into the cabin and there is nothing. She said she had ordered gifts for the kids, but we received nothing. When I got home I asked her about it and she was shocked and said that they will need to request a refund from RCCL because the charge for the gifts were on their credit card.

So then comes Sensation and Elation - no gifts in the cabin. I figured, no big deal, they were cheap cruises (although we did do the Penthouse suites, took two of them)

When it came time to book Disney, I did it all myself. I emailed her the confirmation numbers and told her to take over the reservation. She said "Oh I'll make sure the kids get Disney dollars" and then she told me about the gifts she just sent to the cabin for another client's kid on a Disney ship.

So I get the tickets from her - no Disney dollars. I get to the resort - nothing in the room. So I figured there would NO DOUBT be something in the cabin on the ship - got onboard and NADA.

When I called and left her a message about the Aft JS she called me back and said "If you want to play travel agent I'll give you the numbers to call" :eek:

So yeah, she gets my Indy booking but the Oasis is staying with me.

WOOOHOOOO I got the hold on the cabin. Now I just have to wait till the TA office opens in the morning. :(

So tell me if there are any problems with this cabin.

What about the ash on the balcony, still a problem on the Independence or did they fix that????

No problems, they are awesome, we have JS 1406 booked for both the Westbound and Eastbound Transatlantic crossings. Also the structure is not a real issue on DECK 10 and you can look straight out to the wake without looking over any deck. No problem with ash or noise from the windjammer above.

Cruisinmama, I actually have a separate question for you.

I remember you had a GS on the Freedom. We will have a GS on the Adventure in May. There will be myself, my husband and 2 kids aged 7 & 4. I assume this cabin will have plenty of room, but wanted to get your opinion of it. If both my kids don't sleep comfortably in the pull out couch, will the room accomodate a roll away bed? Thanks for your help.

Cruisinmama, I actually have a separate question for you.

I remember you had a GS on the Freedom. We will have a GS on the Adventure in May. There will be myself, my husband and 2 kids aged 7 & 4. I assume this cabin will have plenty of room, but wanted to get your opinion of it. If both my kids don't sleep comfortably in the pull out couch, will the room accomodate a roll away bed? Thanks for your help.

Hmmm, I don't know. I am trying to think how that would work with both the couch folded completly out and the rollaway in the cabin. I can show you the pictures of our GS and you can make the call.

If the tables were moved out, the couch was moved closer to the windows, maybe they could fit the rollaway between the couch and the bar?

I would call them and see if they would be willing to do it. :)

And is the AOS set up the same as the FOS :confused:

IMG_0719-1.jpg

IMG_0713.jpg

IMG_0714.jpg

My last aft cabin was on the Voyager and I was disappointed with it because there was so much steel structure in the rear. Also the aft is slanted and you don't look down at the water. There also is a large "sunning" area on the lowest deck that I think the crew uses.

Just curious what room number it was.

Hmmm, I don't know. I am trying to think how that would work with both the couch folded completly out and the rollaway in the cabin. I can show you the pictures of our GS and you can make the call.

If the tables were moved out, the couch was moved closer to the windows, maybe they could fit the rollaway between the couch and the bar?

I would call them and see if they would be willing to do it. :)

And is the AOS set up the same as the FOS :confused:

IMG_0719-1.jpg

IMG_0713.jpg

IMG_0714.jpg

Thanks for your pictures. I have seen picutres of the sofas on the Adventure and it appears they are smaller than the one on the Freedom. I just called C&A and was told that the pullout is a queen size sleeper and the room can accommodate a roll away bed. I think I will reserve one now just in case. When we were on the Freedom (shortly after you) my son (age 2 at the time) literally kicked my daughter out of the pull out bed, which is why I asked about the space for a roll away.

Thanks for your help!

Yeah I know. :(

It all started with Freedom, I transferred the booking because she said that she "always gives her clients gifts"....so we get into the cabin and there is nothing. She said she had ordered gifts for the kids, but we received nothing. When I got home I asked her about it and she was shocked and said that they will need to request a refund from RCCL because the charge for the gifts were on their credit card.

So then comes Sensation and Elation - no gifts in the cabin. I figured, no big deal, they were cheap cruises (although we did do the Penthouse suites, took two of them)

When it came time to book Disney, I did it all myself. I emailed her the confirmation numbers and told her to take over the reservation. She said "Oh I'll make sure the kids get Disney dollars" and then she told me about the gifts she just sent to the cabin for another client's kid on a Disney ship.

So I get the tickets from her - no Disney dollars. I get to the resort - nothing in the room. So I figured there would NO DOUBT be something in the cabin on the ship - got onboard and NADA.

When I called and left her a message about the Aft JS she called me back and said "If you want to play travel agent I'll give you the numbers to call" :eek:

So yeah, she gets my Indy booking but the Oasis is staying with me.

Did you get an OBC or ANYTHING of value from the TA on any of these bookings???!! I can't believe her attitude about the Aft JS. I now retain my bookings with RCCL until right before final payment. But the TA I have use for my last 2 cruises and my upcoming November IOTS cruise, always gives at least some OBC along with miles. It is a major online TA but the service I have received when calling for cabin changes or price reductions has been outstanding.

Just as you can transfer a ressie to a TA before final payment, you can transfer it back to RCCL. You might want to look into this and try to find a TA who actually appreciates that you "play travel agent" for them. Just my opinion.

Hope you have a wonderful cruise on the IOTS - I know we are planning to and will take good care of the ship for you. :D

Did you get an OBC or ANYTHING of value from the TA on any of these bookings???!!

Hope you have a wonderful cruise on the IOTS - I know we are planning to and will take good care of the ship for you. :D

Nope, nothing.

And for Christmas she sent me an email saying she would take $100 off my next booking with her, which would have been Disney. But because I can't access the reservation (she holds it and Disney locked me out), I don't know what the final invoice was for after all of the additions I made. I am guessing the $100 was long forgotten. :rolleyes: But I didn't want to say anything until after the Indy cruise cause we are actually sailing WITH her.

So I can't transfer the Indy away from her. She might try to throw me overboard...lol.;)

------------------

Update - the TA called WITH RCCL on the line and asked my permission to release the cabin on hold and place it into the TA's group cabins. So I got my Aft JS.

BUT, the TA said to me "Hey Michele, one of the families going with us is staying in a grand suite...we've never seen those have we????"

And I replied "Ummm, remember I stayed in one on Freedom, YOU booked it." :rolleyes:

And she said "Ohhh yeah that's right"

Funny that the people HERE know more about my past cruising experience than the woman who made commission from me on it.

Congrats on securing the cabin you want - that is the most important thing, right? I have 1402 on Deck 10 Indy next April - keeping my fingers crossed for an upgrade but doubtful. Also travel with 2 small kids so the sofabed will be fine. Just glad to be on the stern!

BDKLEIN: I don't remember without spending an hour trying to find some documentation (around 3-4 years ago). The cabin was around the 8th deck and I was one or two from the center toward the port side. My cabin had a regular door to the balcony and my BIL who was next to our cabin toward mid deck had a sliding door. I thought we would have a wrap around balcony but I believe there was a large port hole looking out through the steel structure. We were around 3 decks up from the large area for the crew. It almost looked large enough to be a heli pad. Sorry I can't be more specific.

John L.

Archived