Water Charge/Soda Card

CRUZCOOL

Is there a charge for water? Can I go to the pool bar and order water for free? If I get the soda card, does this include water, if there is a charge? Also, I know that sometimes the crew doesn't check the seapass for the soda sticker if you bring the soda cup they give you when you buy the package. So, if I bring my cup from last year, what are the odds on getting free soda b/c I don't have the sticker? I am thinking that I will buy the package, but not my DH who will have last year's cup.

Is there a charge for water?

There is for bottled water and it is not covered by the soda card.

So, if I bring my cup from last year, what are the odds on getting free soda b/c I don't have the sticker? I am thinking that I will buy the package, but not my DH who will have last year's cup.

So...you are asking if you can make your own little two for one deal?

EDIT: I'm sure there are people here who have done it, but I can't help you. The one time we got soda cards we paid for them.

The cost of a soda card for a 7 day cruise is $48.30 including gratuity. Buy two cards and save yourself the embarrassment of getting caught trying to steal soda with last year's cup. I would hope that anyone that can afford to cruise would be able to pay for their beverages so they don't have to resort to stealing.

Water, tea, coffee and lemonaid are all included with your fare...

Soda and booze are at an additonal coast. The soda cards I believe are about 6 bucks a day for an adult plus a cup. I don't really drink much soda so the last time I got it was when it was a firm $12 bucks.

Mixed drink are about $9 bucks in a souviner glass. Not sure about wine and beer or coctails.

You can bring a case of water on board as luggage? My only problem is that I don't know where any stores are near our hotel to buy it. And I don't want to be charged for extra weight at the airport. Thanks for the tip.

How are you getting from the airport to the hotel? The hotel to the cruise port?

If its a taxi, have the driver make a stop for you. If not, contact your hotel and find out if there is a store close by that you can make a run to.

If you don't normally drink soda and usually only pepsi, why even consider buying the soda card? You can bring soda on board the ship so just slap a luggage tag on some pepsi. We bring a case of water on every cruise, have never had a problem.

we have just returned from the explorer and are not big drinkers and it was our stateroom attendant who suggested we carry on our own coke/pepsi/water from the days onshore as he stated it was only alcohol they do not allow on board for consumption so this is what we did

You can bring a case of water on board as luggage? My only problem is that I don't know where any stores are near our hotel to buy it. And I don't want to be charged for extra weight at the airport. Thanks for the tip.

Ask the guest service ppl at the hotel when you check in,they will be happy to show you where the closest store is.

We would just buy a couple bigger bottles per person and then refill them on the ship since the water is purified. So you can stash a couple in your suitecase or even bring stronger bottles that are ment for reuse that you can get at walmart cheap. That way you don't have to worry about lugging a case on, or having to go and find a store.

I never knew about this - thanks! My husband drinks so much Coke that it runs through his veins! I'll start accumulating points right away. :D

Rather than planning to steal soda:mad: , collect 400 Coke Rewards and get a free soda card:D

I bought a red cocacola cup(actually 3) that has royal caribbean on it and it looks like a soveiner cup for soda and it has a cover like for coffee and thought it would be fun to bring on the trip with us(I bought them at the Goodwill) but I am worried that they might be confused with the soda/pop program. HAs anyone ever seen this cup and do you think I would get in trouble if we brought them to use with our own drinks?:eek:

I willl get flamed for this but anyway, a few cups of soda is nothing compared to the lost revenue from booze smuggling. You will get a new soda cup when they put your coke sticker on your card. Give the new cup to DH and you keep the card with the sticker. I'm annoyed at people who would smuggle liquor onboard get holier then thou when it comes to sharing a 5 cent coke.

I bought a red cocacola cup(actually 3) that has royal caribbean on it and it looks like a soveiner cup for soda and it has a cover like for coffee and thought it would be fun to bring on the trip with us(I bought them at the Goodwill) but I am worried that they might be confused with the soda/pop program. HAs anyone ever seen this cup and do you think I would get in trouble if we brought them to use with our own drinks?:eek:

It is up to you but why would you bring your own cups, they have plenty, you can bring them anywhere on the ship and you don't have to wash them. Never mind the extra bulk of packing them.

Well, I was able to afford the cruise when booked in Feb of 2008. But have been recently laid off and looking to penny pinch where possible. Thank you for positive and embarrassing feedback.

Penny pinch is one thing...stealing is another. Rather than flaming the other poster for being direct with you you might want to spend your time thinking of honest ways to penny pinch. Don't do something that could embarrass you and ruin your vacation. Stealing is a violation of the guest policy and if RC catches you and wants to they could remove you from the ship. The cost of flying home at the last minute from a foreign port would pay many many Coke cards!!

There are lots of good beverages that are still free on the ship or bring powdered mixes and use the free water and make your own. We all have had a rough spot now and then it gives you pause to be innovative.

But remember adversity doesn't breed character...it simply reveals it!!!

Archived