Navigator GS

Saveapenny

Hi can some one help me to choose a cabin.

Is the GS worth paying £400 over the price of a JS or £600 over the cost of a Deluxe balcony?

It seems alot of extra cost but its it worth it.

We have chosen the 10/10/08 10 nighter which isnt port intensive so do intend to have relaxing ship days

TIA

Mandy

It's not on the Tuesday New Bookings Only for next week. If it's the Promowave you are waiting to see - even if you book now and it is lower on that you can get the discount.

We have not booked yet I was waiting to see if anyone thought the GS was worth the money over the JS + I was waiting to see if it would be on special in this weeks "exciting deals"

The GS is on GTY but JS is cabin numbers

We also scrored a GS for 1099$-same as we were paying for a bal.guar.(D2)-couldn't believe it! It lasted for a few hrs. and was back to 2999$the next morning-now they are not available at all on the 10-31...how careful do you have to be on deck 10-there are pools,bars etc everywhere on 11-we are 1564&1568-at the entrance to the sol.-oh well,can't imagine the high end real estate being that bad...anyone have experiences? The D1 and D2 are now on a Sr. special for 999$ &979$-unreal...must have sold out most of the inside-they are not on Sr.special any longer and are 1049$....hope some insiders see these posts and upgrade big time and get a refund(O:

The GS has a whirl pool bath...very convenient closet space....a nice dry bar and is about 1/3 larger than the JS...with a larger balcony. Plus you do get use of the CL and special little treats in the room on special night...there is a DVD player and you can get relatively new movies for free. You have a special boarding area...and probably a few other things I forgot...

If that is worth it to you...then by all means go for it...you are worth it.

Rev

I was in GS 1285 on a 5-night Western Caribbean and 1560 on a transatlantic cruise. We did hear the crew moving deck chairs above us in both cabins very early in the morning. The sounds didn't last long, and I am a light sleeper, but I did hear them. But, you hear sounds in any cabin. It was not a big problem for me.

The GS has space, space, space. On both cruises we were with friends who either were not in balconies or a GS. So, we used our cabin to socialize. Our cabin steward brought us more deck chairs when we had company.

Since we were not Diamond when we cruised in these cabins earlier this year, the CL was a nice touch. Plus, we liked the pupus on formal nights. Our room service breakfasts were always on time (8:00 to 8:30 always arrived by 8:05). Our last morning we asked if we could have breakfast for six on our balcony. (Us and four friends not in our cabin). No problemo. About 20 minutes after we started breakfast, we were given more coffee. We din't have to ask, it just showed up.

I will be back on the Navigator for the spring 2009 transatlantic, but not in a GS. I will miss it. I definitely would love to do it again.

This is soooo crazy-after having the GS NA all day they have some back on (guar.) at 1249$-still a great deal-I are over a thousand...it is interesting watching-is there a little guy somewhere in a cube doing all this(O: Navigator 10-31

Archived