NNNNNOOOOOO, cruise crisis.

Chrispmoto

Just found out that the date we needed to be in Florida has been changed,(for a motorcycle race) and now our cruise is in jeopardy. We were gonna take an 8 night Easter Caribbean on the Independence, and now it will be(if we even still go) a 7 night, on Liberty or Freedom. We are gonna miss out on Labadee, which is the only port of call changed, but also one less day cruising to relax.

What do you guys think?. No biggee, do it anyways, or wait till 2010. We were booked for Mar 09.

Is Labadee even that nice?

I just stepped off Freedom of the Seas last weekend and all I can say is that we LOVED Labadee! Yes, it's that nice. Our favorite ports were a toss up between Labadee and Grand Cayman. It's not like Labadee is going anywhere. Book the 7-nighter on Liberty or Freedom and visit Labadee another time. You will have a BLAST on either of those ships!

I guess it depends on what you like to do. We did not like Labadee. As a previous poster stated, it's just another beach day. I know we are probably in the minority, but the last thing I want to do is sit on a beach sweating all day.

The vendors there are so pushy that we ended up getting right back on the ship. Far as we are concerned, if we did end up on a ship that stopped in Labadee, it would just be a stay on the ship day for us.

I guess it depends on what you like to do. We did not like Labadee. As a previous poster stated, it's just another beach day. I know we are probably in the minority, but the last thing I want to do is sit on a beach sweating all day.

The vendors there are so pushy that we ended up getting right back on the ship. Far as we are concerned, if we did end up on a ship that stopped in Labadee, it would just be a stay on the ship day for us.

I agree!

I agree, I've seen so many beaches, they are starting to look alike!

Just found out that the date we needed to be in Florida has been changed,(for a motorcycle race) and now our cruise is in jeopardy. We were gonna take an 8 night Easter Caribbean on the Independence, and now it will be(if we even still go) a 7 night, on Liberty or Freedom. We are gonna miss out on Labadee, which is the only port of call changed, but also one less day cruising to relax.

What do you guys think?. No biggee, do it anyways, or wait till 2010. We were booked for Mar 09.

Is Labadee even that nice?

Sure wish I had a crisis like this which boils down to should I go on a 7 night cruise;) . Go, Go, Go, Get out of the house lock the doors and get to that ship. Dont care where it is going its a cruise. Enjoy it when you go and have a drink for me for my humble advice:)

Right on people. Thank you for the advice.

Hopefully my travel agent will go good on her word about being able to change cruises. When I booked, I told her I needed to be in Daytona for a bike race the day before the (first) scheduled cruise. Well, now they changed the date of the race one day, so I need to rebook. She did say it would be no problem, and I did get cancellation insurance.

I guess Freedom Of The Seas it is.....

Sure wish I had a crisis like this which boils down to should I go on a 7 night cruise;) . Go, Go, Go, Get out of the house lock the doors and get to that ship. Dont care where it is going its a cruise. Enjoy it when you go and have a drink for me for my humble advice:)

Great advice. Go for it! I think you have been convinced,,,,,

Gonecleer :I see your post is from Trinidad/Tobago--Tobago is a port on our cruise in 2010 on Celebrity Constellation--I cannot say how excited I am about that. What do you suggest we can do in one day to see the most we can & lots of birds & flowers!

Hcat, if you look on these CC boards under ports of call, Caribbean other, there is a thread there now with some ideas posted by me and Aplmac. You should also google Tobago rain forest tours. Hope this helps. Feel free to ask any other questions.

Archived