Post CRUISE LINE Single Supplement/Solo Bargains HERE

cruisinryan

Always a good idea to actually go through the booking process to actually see what the single supplement is. I have found that once the taxes, fees and whatever are removed from the fares the single supplement though sometimes may be as high as 100% the base fare to which it is applied makes the total price more palatable. Most often a solo booking is not 2 times the actual fare paid by 2 persons in a cabin.

The price is on the Tuesday Special and the amount of the SS is listed

there as well. So you would take the price and multiply it by the % to

get your total. You are only paying taxes for 1 person.

What is the Tuesday Special and where do I find it?

Edited by Red Hat Cruise Cat

What is the Tuesday Special and where do I find it?

Here is the link:

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Exciting_Deals/XcitingDeals_cel_tues.pdf

This week there are not a whole lot of choices but sometimes there

are ALOT. Keep the link on your favorite key and you can check on

it. Theyare normally on there on Monday's but you must book on

Tuesday.

Hope this isn't a duplicate post ....

Have you all checked out the November 2, 2012, 16-day RCCL Mariner of the Seas TA from Rome to Galveston? I booked an inside room ($499 base price) for $748. Right now the base price is $509. This is a steal!

Have you all checked out the November 2, 2012, 16-day RCCL Mariner of the Seas TA from Rome to Galveston? I booked an inside room ($499 base price) for $748. Right now the base price is $509. This is a steal!

Thanks Judy! I'm doing the Carnival Magic TA this October and it cost me $1398 for an inside solo. This is a great deal!!

Pat

Hi Judy, I've been looking at that cruise for the past week and plan to book it. A friend claims she wants to join me, so I'm trying to wait. I will probably book soon as a solo then adjust if she can join me. I don't want to miss out on this great rate!

• 2 weeks later...

Was book for this year but had to CXL. Great ship! will be my 4th sailing. 14 days Bar/FtL. $1249 inclusive for a PR. Less expensive insides, but this has a window that overlooks the ship's promonade. (Book high up as you can to avoid "lookie-loos") This one always starts low & climbs fast so book early! Unless you can wait till the bitter end chance of price drop is slim to none. Lots of people already booked including a few solos. See the roll call.

Also check Celebrity. Having a fire sale, particularly for Europe. Don't know what's going on but they seem to be having a problem filling the newer ships.

Thanks Judy! I'm doing the Carnival Magic TA this October and it cost me $1398 for an inside solo. This is a great deal!!

Pat

Yes, mine is $1598 with $200 OBC--same thing. Used the Eurpoe sale so I could get cat4 upgrade. Looks like we are about right on pricing then.

Yes, mine is $1598 with $200 OBC--same thing. Used the Eurpoe sale so I could get cat4 upgrade. Looks like we are about right on pricing then.

I started with a 1A and am now in a 4E...all because of price reductions. You might want to check, they just changed the pricing again last night.

Judy and Justfriends340:

I've booked the RCCL TA for 11/2/12. I grabbed an inside on deck 9 for $788.

Thanks again for the head up on this one Judy.

Pat

Awesome Pat! I booked a couple of weeks ago. If you haven't already, wander over to the roll call when you get a chance. They are already quite active

RCCL Mariner of the Seas has a "13 Night Mediterranean Holy Land Cruise" on 9/20/2011 sailing from Rome. Eight ports (Crete/Greece/Jerusalem/Haifa/Turkey/Athens/Sicily/Capri) in 13 days. Double Occ rate $909 and solo $1199 (which is 133% supplement rate). Both have $122.71 tax/port charge. If you can find a flight (try AA), then not a bad price for that itinerary!

Edited by Diplomat1

• 2 weeks later...
RCCL has some great prices on their TA for 2012!I have been searching for a great rate for the winter of 2012, and i think i may have found it.To top it all off it would be my first TA!:D

There was really good pricing on the Mariner TA in Nov 2012 a few weeks ago for a single.

NO SINGLE SUPPLEMENT! Leaves this Sunday

RCCL Grandeur Of The Seas, June 5, 2011 - 7 Night Spanish Mediterranean Cruise

Out of Palma De Mallorca, Spain, with ports Barcelona, Ibiza, Malaga, Gibraltar

Single cruiser is $599 OV, $699, Balcony, $799 suite. WOW!

Airfare is the trick, of course. Happy hunting!

7 Night Southern Caribbean (San Juan roundtrip)

Cruise Line: Carnival Cruise Lines

Cruise Ship: Carnival Victory

Departure: 11/06/2011

Cruise Length: 7 Nights

# Passengers: 1

Dining Pref: Early Dining (around 6:00pm)

Stateroom Category: 1A

Cruise Subtotal: $678.00

Tax: $67.61

Total: $745.61