Post CRUISE LINE Single Supplement/Solo Bargains HERE

cruisinryan

I'm a long-time CC fan and single/solo cruiser. The last two cruises I enjoyed I found and booked a single balcony cabin for less than $100/day. Since last year I haven't been able to find anything close to that price! Do tell, are cruise prices for single's going up?

Yes, I *do* know of many online agencies. (CC rules restrict us from mentioning these many agencies.) Yet, searching many resources, I can't find my goal. Am I dreaming??

My goal: A single/solo balcony cabin priced at less than $100/day.

I'm a long-time CC fan and single/solo cruiser. The last two cruises I enjoyed I found and booked a single balcony cabin for less than $100/day. Since last year I haven't been able to find anything close to that price! Do tell, are cruise prices for single's going up?

Yes, I *do* know of many online agencies. (CC rules restrict us from mentioning these many agencies.) Yet, searching many resources, I can't find my goal. Am I dreaming??

Impressive goal, maybe on a repositioning, good luck

For a solo in a balcony for less then $100 a day I think is almost impossible, unless you do a last minute cruise. Then its absolutely doable.

My last cruise on Breakaway in November, I booked 2 days before sailing a guarantee balcony. They gave me a family mini balcony suite. It cost me $599, not including taxes and fees.

This is close($112/day)

if you want to leave from NYC in a week or so :-)

NCL Breakaway GTY balcony

Jan 17-31 14 night cruise for $1572 including taxes and fees

Edited by ohiogymrat

I can't go because too much time away from work and I'm already booked on a March cruise. Phooey!

Norwegian Sun

14-day South America

Valparaiso to Buenos Aires

March 12, 2016

inside $799

oceanview $949

balcony $1,599

The government taxes/fees are killer on this itinerary at $383.33.

I believe any cruise can be negotiated so I usuall find a cruiseline rep, tell the repy intended price point, departure port and dates for cruising, then let the rep do magic. I'm usually called back at some point if my needs aren't met at that first contact.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Oops, I didn't read and edit before posting...my last post should state.."I usually find a cruiseline rep,tell the rep my intended price point, departure port and dates for cruising, then let the rep do magic. If my needs aren't met at that first contact I'm usually called back at some point when they can come close. I was once called when a new promotion became effective. I confess this has worked when tavelling with others. Though I've considered solo travel I havent yet made the move.

I believe any cruise can be negotiated so I usuall find a cruiseline rep, tell the repy intended price point, departure port and dates for cruising, then let the rep do magic. I'm usually called back at some point if my needs aren't met at that first contact.

Interesting, does this work better on some lines over others

I can't go because too much time away from work and I'm already booked on a March cruise. Phooey!

Norwegian Sun

14-day South America

March 12, 2016

inside $799

oceanview $949

balcony $1,599

The March 26th one going in the other direction is also attractive at $899 inside.

Interesting, does this work better on some lines over others

It depends on the rep. A woman I spoke with at Carnival was great and a man I've dealt wih at NCL as also creative.

Norwegian Sun

14-day South America

March 12, 2016

inside $799

oceanview $949

balcony $1,599

Hi Logan,

I leave Sunday on the Breakaway for 14 days got a midship balcony for $1650.00 Canadian including taxes and fees..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice price for Mediterranean on NCL Spirit in the summer.

Norwegian Spirit

August 25 - September 6, 2016

Mediterranean (Venice to Barcelona)

12-day

inside $999

oceanview $1,399

balcony $1,999

government fee/taxes $193.61

And it qualifies for a perk (internet, SDP, excursion credit, or beverage package).

Edited by logan25

Norwegian Spirit

12-day

inside $999

oceanview $1,399

balcony $1,999

And it qualifies for a perk (internet, SDP, excursion credit, or beverage package).

They have an upgrade promotion going on as well, so you can actually get an oceanview guarantee for $1,074 before taxes. Total (w/ taxes, fees, and beverage package service charge) of $1,417 with $50 OBC. Pretty good deal.

Norwegian Spirit

12-day

inside $999

oceanview $1,399

balcony $1,999

May I ask where you found that rate? I just checked NCL and the cheapest they show (inside) for that sailing is $1,998.

NCL Dawn has last min discounted cabins with 0% SSup for their 1/24/16 7 day cruise out of New Orleans.

349 interior, 409 oceanview, 599 balcony, 749 mini suite.

I saw that, what a crazy great deal! If my husband wasn't flying to Chicago for business next week, I'd be on the Dawn in a heartbeat. Leaving two teenage boys at home by themselves sounded like a bad plan to me. :(

NCL Dawn has last min discounted cabins with 0% SSup for their 1/24/16 7 day cruise out of New Orleans.

349 interior, 409 oceanview, 599 balcony, 749 mini suite.

Where did you get these prices? I just went to the NCL's website only to see the prices as:

$449, $499, $649 and $999 as the pricing.

Does this mean I can not trust NCL's website for the latest pricing?

Oh, I looked again the price the OP quoted are for the Jan 31/2016 sailing!

Edited by Earl Colby Pottinger