Post CRUISE LINE Single Supplement/Solo Bargains HERE

cruisinryan

That's what I'm finding too...would rather just limit rates I see to solo (if that's possible).

You know, some sailings are cheap enough that the dbl rate is less than other voyages discounted solo rate

I was SO excited when I first discovered cruise plum-- I was obsessed!! But then their pricing wasn't accurate and now ALL of the NCL cruises I'm looking at for next summer have disappeared, but they still are on the NCL website-- it's still a decent resource, but they aren't reliable enough to use for tracking and checking fares.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by denatravels

I was SO excited when I first discovered cruise plum-- I was obsessed!! But then their pricing wasn't accurate and now ALL of the NCL cruises I'm looking at for next summer have disappeared, but they still are on the NCL website-- it's still a decent resource, but they aren't reliable enough to use for tracking and checking fares.

I've never found the site to be very accurate on pricing, but it is a good method to discover cruises that might be of interest.

After finding this forum -- and Plum and Fish -- I've spent time on both. Sad to hear the pricing is not always accurate...is it because of quick sales maybe? Can't see a reason to be intentionally misleading.

I used info from them this week to book a solo balcony on Holland to Alaska. Not cheap, but I think the itinerary is worth the price.

I don't think there is anything deliberate on part of the "owners" but there is some evidence that the cruise line throw out data to confuse and to get in to the correct lists.

NCl for instance now has the no perks prices they were dropping down the lists with the perk pricing.

cruisle line also seem to be putting up prices then dropping them to get inot he price drops list.

Don't forget CC has a pricing tool as well.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/price-drop/

I just booked Anthem of the Seas 8/31/17 9 night Canada/New England I found on cruiseplum. Not cheap at all, but I'm happy with it because I was able to get one of the studio balcony cabins. I've been wanting to try the Anthem

After finding this forum -- and Plum and Fish -- I've spent time on both. Sad to hear the pricing is not always accurate...is it because of quick sales maybe? Can't see a reason to be intentionally misleading.

I used info from them this week to book a solo balcony on Holland to Alaska. Not cheap, but I think the itinerary is worth the price.

I don't think it's intentional (at least on their part). Any chance you are doing the two week Great Land Explorer on Masdam? I had originally booked that as a second cruise on my upcoming Alaska trip, but cancelled in favor of 18 days in the Canadian Rockies and Yellowstone. If so, I think it's going to be VERY awesome!

I've never found the site to be very accurate on pricing, but it is a good method to discover cruises that might be of interest.

I am not sure if we are allowed to mention other sites but the best site by far for cruise searches is vacations to go.

Their search engine allows for a variety of options....by cruise line, ship, ports of call, port of departure, regions, number of nights.

Holland America Oosterdam, 12 days, June 17 from Venice to Rome, $874 gty inside or $936 pick your cabin. Also $999 oceanview or pickable obstructed for same price but I only saw one available on the deck plan (4117) so it might be almost sold out.

Continue for another 12 days on the Oosterdam from Rome to Barcelona. $999 gty inside or $1061 pickable, or oceanview for $1124 (gty or select your own obstructed).

Holland America Oosterdam, 12 days, June 17 from Venice to Rome, $874 gty inside or $936 pick your cabin. Also $999 oceanview or pickable obstructed for same price but I only saw one available on the deck plan (4117) so it might be almost sold out.

Continue for another 12 days on the Oosterdam from Rome to Barcelona. $999 gty inside or $1061 pickable, or oceanview for $1124 (gty or select your own obstructed).

That would be great staying on both, need to be retired

Just booked (pretty last minute) HAL Nieuw Amsterdam roundtrip Vancouver Alaska inside passage on May 28, 2016 (i.e., next Saturday). I'm local to Vancouver, so no airfares needed for me!

Booked a guarantee Balcony (sorry, it's Verandah on HAL!) for $1453 (CDN) plus $272 for taxes. Not an incredible bargain, but for a balcony for a solo, on a new-ish ship, I think it's not bad. (The Alaska runs seem to be selling well this year, with limited last minute "bargains"). I've not done a lot of HAL, mostly RCCL, NCL, Celebrity - so I'll be looking for the differences.

The roll call for the cruise is pretty quiet, so not sure if it will be a ship of "newbies" or whether HAL cruisers just don't participate in CruiseCritic??

That's pretty good, westcoasttech! Just this week, I booked HAL Seattle round trip June 11 (air from the midwest, so that played a huge roll in my sailing "last minute"). Our fares are very similar for a guarantee balcony/verandah (yours is a little less, but my taxes are less, so...).

This will be my 2nd time on HAL to Alaska. It's not my favorite line, based mostly on disappointing food (variety and taste), but I liked the itinerary and nothing else really came close to the price.

My roll call is also quiet. A member started it last September; only has 9 participants and two of them are not sailing with us :-0

I'd love to live near a cruise port, so I'm jealous of you....would be sailing a lot more and also very broke! haha

I am not sure if we are allowed to mention other sites but the best site by far for cruise searches is vacations to go.

Their search engine allows for a variety of options....by cruise line, ship, ports of call, port of departure, regions, number of nights.

Agree -- I use VTG far more than any other site. They didn't always offer the "singles" rate link, and that's very helpful.

Any chance you are doing the two week Great Land Explorer on Masdam? I had originally booked that as a second cruise on my upcoming Alaska trip, but cancelled in favor of 18 days in the Canadian Rockies and Yellowstone. If so, I think it's going to be VERY awesome!

OMgosh -- that sounds wonderful, denatravels!! I'd love to do Rocky Mountaineer from Banff to Vancouver with a cruise at the end .... some day!

I'm actually sailing Seattle/Seattle June 11 on Westerdam. Will be my second of three cruises this year, so an Alaska sailing was stretching the budget pretty hard. Thrilled I got one in at all, and thought I'd have to give up a balcony.

Have never done a Europe/Meditteranean cruise and -- sailing solo -- I'm not sure how much I'd do off ship. Thoughts??

p.s. Love the "name"

Have never done a Europe/Meditteranean cruise and -- sailing solo -- I'm not sure how much I'd do off ship. Thoughts??

p.s. Love the "name"

I love sailing solo-- but if I were planning on staying ON the ship, I wouldn't go all the way to Europe. There's certainly ships out there that are worth just hanging out on, but with the cost of the airfare, I am going for the ports.

p.s. Love the "name"

I did my first cruise to the Med back in 2012 and it was FANTASTIC.:D

I agree with the previous poster.......I would not stay on the ship if

going all the way to Europe. In my opinion, that would be a waste of

the cruise. Doing the Med is for the itinerary:)

We had a wonderful roll call and I went on private tours with many

of those folks in every port but 1. That cruise was in my top 2 of all

my cruises.:D (and I have been on about 40 of them).

Surprisingly enough, on a cruise last year I didn't want to get off the ship. Not because I thought the ship was special, but because it's what I felt like doing. Very relaxing to have the place (almost) to myself and really didn't care what was on land (that time).

That said, I guess my inquiry wasn't very clear and, now that I think about it, I'm not sure it will be easy to clarify. I'm simply not sure how comfortable I would be off ship on my own from a Mediterranean or European crusie. I don't usually book tours through the cruiselines, but maybe it's best there.

This is a new consideration/topic for me, so maybe I should check one of the other forums to learn more.

Surprisingly enough, on a cruise last year I didn't want to get off the ship. Not because I thought the ship was special, but because it's what I felt like doing. Very relaxing to have the place (almost) to myself and really didn't care what was on land (that time).

That said, I guess my inquiry wasn't very clear and, now that I think about it, I'm not sure it will be easy to clarify. I'm simply not sure how comfortable I would be off ship on my own from a Mediterranean or European crusie. I don't usually book tours through the cruiselines, but maybe it's best there.

This is a new consideration/topic for me, so maybe I should check one of the other forums to learn more.

Ohhh...ok....but I will say, check the roll call for your cruise. Usually

cruises to Europe/Med have active ones and folks are usually quite

helpful. It saves everyone money to book a tour together:)

Ohhh...ok....but I will say, check the roll call for your cruise. Usually cruises to Europe/Med have active ones and folks are usually quite helpful. It saves everyone money to book a tour together:)

Thanks, Lois R -- I'll remember that when I plan a "crossing" cruise. Will be a big step for me unless I find someone to buddy up with!