Post CRUISE LINE Single Supplement/Solo Bargains HERE

cruisinryan

I'm sailing single on Majesty of the Seas on 11/28/08. I was surprised to find that there were unadvertised single rates on this sailing. (150% it seems)... and checked other sailings and found the same... anyway, might be worth a look as I follow the RCI promowave specials and there have been no single specials advertised. For instance, you could get an inside (and even an outside) on my sailing for well under $200 single.

Mine was a Florida resident rate, but RCI offers resident rates to lots of states. Just be sure to change the number of people from "2" to "1", of course, before looking at cabin choices.

I'm looking for someplace warm to go in December (solo) out of NY/NJ or Florida. Any suggestions on any singles deals? Ideally, I would prefer a more upscale ship, but will compromise. Anybody know of anything?

NCL Dawn (my favorite ship) and NCL Pearl both going 7 days to the Caribbean for $249-279 pp inside plus. NCL Jewel going 5 days for $179. pp inside plus taxes, fees, etc. Even at 200% that's great pricing IMO.

RCI has a few 150% supplements available for Dec.

Happy sails:)

NCL Dawn (my favorite ship) and NCL Pearl both going 7 days to the Caribbean for $249-279 pp inside plus. NCL Jewel going 5 days for $179. pp inside plus taxes, fees, etc. Even at 200% that's great pricing IMO.

Thanks, Winnie. :)

Great single pricing on the Dce 11, 2008 Navigator of the seas and if you live in FL there is a resident Discount. I am thinking of booking just for a short get away.

I'm looking for someplace warm to go in December (solo) out of NY/NJ or Florida. Any suggestions on any singles deals? Ideally, I would prefer a more upscale ship, but will compromise. Anybody know of anything?

My sailing on Serenade of the Seas, Dec. 13, is having some very good prices ...but they come and go almost daily, so if you're interested, just keep looking on the RCI site.

It's a beautiful upscale ship, with a fabulous 12 story atrium, and it will be nicely decorated for the holidays. And the itinerary is great if you like ports ...6 Caribbean ports and one sea day on a 7 day cruise, you can't beat that. :)

It's roundtrip out of San Juan, so I don't know if you like that, but it goes to St. Lucia and Barbados, which can't be done from Florida on a 7 day cruise.

Edited by cruisinryan
added about San Juan

Thanks guys, this is a great idea and great site....II'm booked on RCL for a thanksgiving cruise but they're charging double for a single.

Where do you find the RCL 150% ones ???

And can you please direct me to these RCL Promo Tuesday sites?

thanks again..

Still a few interior cabins left for the inaugeral transatlantic for Independence of the Seas - toral cost $863 for 13 nights. Anyone want to join me on the ship? Also have great deals on the other transatlantics.

The price is nice. U an interested, but need to do some research. What is the sail date?

PJ/F 53

Still a few interior cabins left for the inaugeral transatlantic for Independence of the Seas - toral cost $863 for 13 nights. Anyone want to join me on the ship? Also have great deals on the other transatlantics.

I was trying to edit my prior response, but I hit enter before I could finished typing my reponse. I meant to say I looked at the ship's stats and I love the new and bigger ships. I have been sailing Carnival for the past few years, but wold like to return to RCI

PJ

Happy Solo Cruising. It Seems You Are On A Roll. What Is A Consolidator???? I Cannot Cruise Until 2009 But The Transatlantic Is Appealing And I Will Try To Keep Up On All The Deals.:)

I have used consolidators a few times, some are actually very good and very competitive. I will paste dettail explaining what is a consolidator.

My problem is: I like to chose unusual destinations over "just getting a good price". Lately, I have problems finding a consolidator that service some of these destinations and the class of ship I would like.

At least by getting a better price from a consolidator, I could offset the high cost of not finding some ships with single supplement.

Edited by Host Kat >^..^<
text removed that appears to be a violation of the Copyright Infringements section in Guidelines. Show link only, no text.

My 01/16/09 10 days Brilliance RT Barcelona cruise has come down consistantly & significantly since I booked last winter, over $2000.00 for my Solo D1 balcony! Whoo Hoo!

Check it out:

Solo Rates-Over 55

JS: $2419.00

Balcony: $1249.00

OV: $1174.00

Interiors: Somewhat higher than the OV's today.

Martha

I have never been on MSC (anyone?) but they have just lowered some of the single supplements. Rates are valid for single occupancy based on 120% single supplement,7 NIGHT CRUISE

Ship & DestinationDeparture DateInterior

Staterooms

Oceanview

Staterooms

Balcony StateroomsMSC ORCHESTRA | West CaribbeanJan. 24, '09$598.80*$826.80*$982.80*

10 NIGHT CRUISES

Ship & DestinationDeparture DateInterior

Staterooms

Oceanview

Staterooms

Balcony SuiteMSC LIRICA | Deep CaribbeanJan. 23, '09$898.80*$1,138.80*$1,678.80*MSC LIRICA | Deep CaribbeanFeb. 2, '09$1,018,80*$1,198,80*$1,738.80*

*Rates are USD, cruise-only valid for new retail bookings on select sailings and stateroom types for residents of U.S. and Canada only. Rates are valid for single occupancy based on 120% single supplement, available only on the sailings listed above, Offer cannot be combined with any other discount or promotion and may be withdrawn without notice. Offer is capacity controlled, subject to availability and restrictions apply. Government taxes and fees for all guests are additional. A fuel surcharge per stateroom is additional. Ship's registry: Panama.

Thanks for starting this thread, Ryan. It is just what I might need!

Years ago I was associated with an organization which allowed me to do a number of cruises. That organization no longer functions and, being without friends who like to cruise and unwilling to pay 150 - 200% to sail alone, I have not been on a voyage in some time.

In recent years I haven't spent nearly the time on the cruise boards or searching for cruise deals that I did years ago. But I've had a bad case of the cruise "itch" for some time now and it's time I "scratch" it!

I have a couple of caveats and questions:

-- A number of the posts here mention cruises which are in the very near future. (I need more than a few days or even a few weeks to plan a vacation.) Is the current cruise market such that super-specials (especially those priced for a solo cruiser) are found closer to the sail date?

-- I am on a number of cruise-related email lists (cruise lines, travel agencies, etc.) but I cannot recall ever receiving a single email announcing or promoting a price deal for a solo cruiser. Am I on the wrong lists or doesn't anyone cater to us single folks? (I am NOT interested in the 'single's cruises' companies as I find -- or found them when I used to look -- overpriced.)

-- Given the state of the economy what is the current feeling about cruise prices for the near (year or two) future? Have those of you who keep up with researching cruise prices noticed a substantial price influx in the past couple of months?

-- While I'm somewhat of a hermit, enjoy my privacy, and very much look forward to my first cruise on which I am the only cabin occupant, I certainly wouldn't be adverse to the idea of meeting a few Cruise Critic solo cruisers. Perhaps a few of us single/solo folks could plan a cruise together some day.

I never did create one of those fancy signature listing all my past cruises. And, after many years, I don't have a clue how many cruises I've been on, where they went, and when they sailed. Hmmm ... wondering if I can get that info from the cruise lines.

Y'all please help keep this thread active with news we solo-ers can take advantage of. I'll be checking in here often!

Duane in Las Vegas

Thanks for starting this thread, Ryan. It is just what I might need!

Years ago I was associated with an organization which allowed me to do a number of cruises. That organization no longer functions and, being without friends who like to cruise and unwilling to pay 150 - 200% to sail alone, I have not been on a voyage in some time.

In recent years I haven't spent nearly the time on the cruise boards or searching for cruise deals that I did years ago. But I've had a bad case of the cruise "itch" for some time now and it's time I "scratch" it!

I have a couple of caveats and questions:

-- A number of the posts here mention cruises which are in the very near future. (I need more than a few days or even a few weeks to plan a vacation.) Is the current cruise market such that super-specials (especially those priced for a solo cruiser) are found closer to the sail date?

-- I am on a number of cruise-related email lists (cruise lines, travel agencies, etc.) but I cannot recall ever receiving a single email announcing or promoting a price deal for a solo cruiser. Am I on the wrong lists or doesn't anyone cater to us single folks? (I am NOT interested in the 'single's cruises' companies as I find -- or found them when I used to look -- overpriced.)

-- Given the state of the economy what is the current feeling about cruise prices for the near (year or two) future? Have those of you who keep up with researching cruise prices noticed a substantial price influx in the past couple of months?

-- While I'm somewhat of a hermit, enjoy my privacy, and very much look forward to my first cruise on which I am the only cabin occupant, I certainly wouldn't be adverse to the idea of meeting a few Cruise Critic solo cruisers. Perhaps a few of us single/solo folks could plan a cruise together some day.

I never did create one of those fancy signature listing all my past cruises. And, after many years, I don't have a clue how many cruises I've been on, where they went, and when they sailed. Hmmm ... wondering if I can get that info from the cruise lines.

Y'all please help keep this thread active with news we solo-ers can take advantage of. I'll be checking in here often!

Duane in Las Vegas

Duane,

You are right about a few things. The cruise discounters do not advertise future rates, nor have I ever seen them advertise solo discounts.

I generally cruise Carnival because they offer Cat !A, (which is a solo cabin) lower than less than 200%. On occasions, depending on the ship and sail date, you may see it less than 150%. I have never seen any discounts on RCI.

Since you are near So. CA., here's a tip. Carnival has a newer ship Splendor that will start sailing from LA in Jan 09 through the rest of the year from Mexico. You might want to go to their web site and play around with some dates, or pick some dates and give them a call for rates. I recently booked for early next year and got a great price including the taxes and fuel charges. I booked directly through Carnival. They told me to check the site often, and if f the rate goes down prior to sailing, you will either give me an onboard credit or a rate reduction.

I went on a "solo" cruise with *****, and it was not my cup of tea.

I fell in love with a solo cabin, and do not mind paying the higher price. It is so nice having your own space for 7 nights. I will never go back to sharing a room again.

Good luck with your search. I hope this helps.

PJ

name of any travel agent/agency, other cruise related site or message board not allowed per Guidelines

...I have a couple of caveats and questions:

-- A number of the posts here mention cruises which are in the very near future. ...

-- I am on a number of cruise-related email lists ...

-- While I'm somewhat of a hermit, enjoy my privacy, and very much look forward to my first cruise on which I am the only cabin occupant, I certainly wouldn't be adverse to the idea of meeting a few Cruise Critic solo cruisers. Perhaps a few of us single/solo folks could plan a cruise together some day...

Duane in Las Vegas

Welcome back Duane! Here's my 2cents on some of your questions:

-- A number of the posts here mention cruises which are in the very near future. Unfortunately a good majority of the deals are close to or after the 90-day 'final payment' date. I've found NCL (often) and Princess (occasionally), and (?) Carnival have some awesome deals during this time. I can't speak to all these lines, but I do know that NCL DOES NOT give onboard credit, upgrade or other perks if you book and the price goes down. However if you paid $xxxx for your cabin and that will now pay for a better cabin, you can ask for an 'upgrade'.

-- I am on a number of cruise-related email lists. The only site i know that ever lists any solo specials in a group listing is *************.

-- state of the economy - I haven't noticed any difference in future cruise prices.

-- While I'm somewhat of a hermit, enjoy my privacy, and very much look forward to my first cruise on which I am the only cabin occupant, I certainly wouldn't be adverse to the idea of meeting a few Cruise Critic solo cruisers. You're talking to someone who totally understands that! (LOL, there's actually a post here about "is it ok to want to be alone?") This may sound lame, but when I find a cruise/price/etc that appeals to me, I check out the CC message board for that specific cruise.

Just look for a group of people that sound fun and interesting to you; by all means don't limit it to singles. I just enjoyed my two best cruises ever, and while there were singles among them, it was the group of people that made it special!

I see it's only your 2nd post. You need to Subscribe to this thread so you get an email when there's a new post. To do this, click "Thread Tools" - Subscribe to thread and then choose 'instant email' or your choice of contact option.

Look forward to seeing you around!

Nancy

name of any travel agent/agency, other cruise related site or message board not allowed per Guidelines

Thanks guys, this is a great idea and great site....II'm booked on RCL for a thanksgiving cruise but they're charging double for a single.

Where do you find the RCL 150% ones ???

And can you please direct me to these RCL Promo Tuesday sites?

thanks again..

Here's the Royal Caribbean Tuesday Promo link:

http://www.creative.rccl.com/sales/RCI_Sales_Event/rci_sales_event.pdf

Edited by patrioticgirl

Nancy I want to thank you on how to subscribe to this thread. When ever I think of it I check in.

I have started cruising again, and went with a friend last year, and then by my self this spring. I really like having the cabin to my self. I don't have to share.

Keep the bargains comintg. thanks to all who have posted.

Nancy I want to thank you on how to subscribe to this thread. When ever I think of it I check in.

I have started cruising again, and went with a friend last year, and then by my self this spring. I really like having the cabin to my self. I don't have to share.

Keep the bargains comintg. thanks to all who have posted.

You're so welcome! It really helps me to get an email when there's a new post.

I go for the deals, but I HAVE to have my own cabin! It certainly would be cheaper with a roommate. I've considered sharing (with people I really enjoyed on a previous cruise); but I'd rather they have their own cabin next door :p.

I agree! Keep those single deals coming! There will probably be some good last minutes ones in Jan/Feb, and again after spring break....

Welcome back to cruising :D

I wrote to the cruise lines on which I've sailed and they send me my past cruise info. So, I've edited my signature. Testing to see if it works....

As you can see I haven't cruised in quite some time. And, as I mentioned earlier in this thread, I'm getting itchy to go again! But I don't see any "steal" deals for singles being posted here. Maybe they still don't exist.

I continue my dream of a:

1) single rate

2) 10+ day cruise

3) balcony cabin and

4) price under $1000

Shall I continue to dream?!?

Nancy, thanks for the reminder to subscribe to receive emails. I subscribed to something ... but not sure what. I found if I open one thread (like this one) within a group of threads the 'receive email' is not an option under the "Thread Tools" button.

Let me be clearer (maybe) .... I can subscribe to emails with the "Solo Cruisers" thread open but when opening a thread within that topic (like this one) the options under the "Thread Tools" change. I'm not sure why. I do not want to receive emails from all messages posted in "Solo Cruisers." Only ones posted in "Post CRUISE LINE single suppliment...." But that does not appear to be an option. Hmmmm. We will see what notices I receive in email. So far, I have received zero.

Have a happy holiday season ... and POST THOSE SINGLE'S SPECIALS!!