Post CRUISE LINE Single Supplement/Solo Bargains HERE

cruisinryan

I keep looking at the following cruise. It's probably currently 200% for solo, but check w/ your TA. I flew to Barcelona via Aer Lingus (via Dublin)and it was $300, so airfare is affordable.

NCL currently has an OBC special.

$599 13-day NCL Gem: TA Barcelona/NY - Nov 29. (OCV $799)

Barcelona, Spain7:00pm

MonNov30Cannes, France10:00am5:00pm

TueDec1Florence / Pisa (Livorno), Italy7:00am7:00pm

WedDec2Rome (Civitavecchia), Italy7:00am7:00pm

ThuDec3Ajaccio, Corsica, France8:00am6:00pm

FriDec4At Sea

SatDec5Malaga, Spain8:00am6:00pm

SunDec6At Sea

MonDec7At Sea

TueDec8At Sea

WedDec9At Sea

ThuDec10At Sea

FriDec11At SeaSatDec12New York (Manhattan), NY

I did the Gem TA last December and it was one of my best cruises. Make sure to check out the Roll Call if you book!

I keep looking at the following cruise. It's probably currently 200% for solo, but check w/ your TA. I flew to Barcelona via Aer Lingus (via Dublin)and it was $300, so airfare is affordable.

NCL currently has an OBC special.

$599 13-day NCL Gem: TA Barcelona/NY - Nov 29. (OCV $799)

Barcelona, Spain7:00pm

MonNov30Cannes, France10:00am5:00pm

TueDec1Florence / Pisa (Livorno), Italy7:00am7:00pm

WedDec2Rome (Civitavecchia), Italy7:00am7:00pm

ThuDec3Ajaccio, Corsica, France8:00am6:00pm

FriDec4At Sea

SatDec5Malaga, Spain8:00am6:00pm

SunDec6At Sea

MonDec7At Sea

TueDec8At Sea

WedDec9At Sea

ThuDec10At Sea

FriDec11At SeaSatDec12New York (Manhattan), NY

I did the Gem TA last December and it was one of my best cruises. Make sure to check out the Roll Call if you book!

That does look like a great deal Nancy

Too bad for me it isnt for solos

I would love to see Spain, Italy and France

It is always so hard to get roommates

to share

Maybe someday ....

Hey Nancy,

That Norwegian Gem Trans-Atlantic is one to keep our eyes on in the next several months. It very could end up having a reasonable single supplement offered at some point. If I remember correctly, NCL came out with some 'no single supplement' fares in July of this year.

Happy New Year everyone (especially Nancy ;) :))

Hey Nancy,

That Norwegian Gem Trans-Atlantic is one to keep our eyes on in the next several months. It very could end up having a reasonable single supplement offered at some point. If I remember correctly, NCL came out with some 'no single supplement' fares in July of this year.

Happy New Year everyone (especially Nancy ;) :))

You're right about the NCL no single supplement fares: the Oct 28 NY - Miami 12 day repo dropped as low as $799 with 0% supplement for a balcony cabin. I got in a little higher, but am definitely keeping my eyes open for similar bargains.

That does look like a great deal Nancy

Too bad for me it isnt for solos

I would love to see Spain, Italy and France

It is always so hard to get roommates

to share

Maybe someday ....

You never know, it could turn into a great deal for solos....

Right Jack?! That'd be so cool if we could do this TA together too! If I could keep my feet on dry ground til then I could do it up right (a bit pricey to visit those ports!) ... I just can't see not cruising til next November :eek::confused:.

On the NCL Gem 9-day TA last year Jack got a solo balcony for about $630? and I got a solo OCV for under $500.

When did that deal show up, Jack? around September?

HAPPY NEW YEAR to all!

(p.s. Great to hear from you Jack!)

You're right about the NCL no single supplement fares: the Oct 28 NY - Miami 12 day repo dropped as low as $799 with 0% supplement for a balcony cabin. I got in a little higher, but am definitely keeping my eyes open for similar bargains.

Agreed! I got a great deal on a balcony on NCL Spirit 13-day repo NY to New Orleans in October (08).

Is that for the '09 cruise? I've got cruise buddies on that one.... (Pat, you wanna rebook?) :p

Nancy

You're right about the NCL no single supplement fares: the Oct 28 NY - Miami 12 day repo dropped as low as $799 with 0% supplement for a balcony cabin.

Is that for the '09 cruise? I've got cruise buddies on that one.... (Pat, you wanna rebook?) :p

Nancy

That was the 08 cruise. And I found out about it on this message board. Booked it about a month prior to leaving.

You never know, it could turn into a great deal for solos....

Right Jack?! That'd be so cool if we could do this TA together too! If I could keep my feet on dry ground til then I could do it up right (a bit pricey to visit those ports!) ... I just can't see not cruising til next November :eek::confused:.

On the NCL Gem 9-day TA last year Jack got a solo balcony for about $630? and I got a solo OCV for under $500.

When did that deal show up, Jack? around September?

HAPPY NEW YEAR to all!

(p.s. Great to hear from you Jack!)

I remember that you mentioned it to me while we were aboard the Adventure of the Seas in September of 07. So, I am guessing that HeyDallas posted it in August or Sepemeber of 07, about 3 months before departure.

I remember that you mentioned it to me while we were aboard the Adventure of the Seas in September of 07. So, I am guessing that HeyDallas posted it in August or Sepemeber of 07, about 3 months before departure.

I'll be keeping my eye out on this one too...sounds great! Hope y'all are doing well...happy new year!

Agreed! I got a great deal on a balcony on NCL Spirit 13-day repo NY to New Orleans in October (08).

Nancy

Hi my sweet Nancy! I would love to book anything. Have been looking at S. America. A dream of mine. My gay friend, Babie, has asked me to go along for his birthday cruise in February from 15-27 and share a room with him. He would pay for the cabin and all I would need is airfare, but I want to see the pyramids and I have read it's about a 3 hour drive each way and the cost to stay overnight can be about $500...not in my budget right now. I would be able to go on the cruise, but would have to stay around the ports because I couldn't do anything because of $$.

Since I lost my job, I won't be going anywhere soon. I would love to do the one in November, but cancelled my aft cabin already. I really don't need a balcony when I cruise by myself...unless it's super cheap.

Cherokeesmom>>>Are you the one who has a good place to find cheap international flights? Let me know what site you use, if possible. Not sure if it's allowed, but fake it somehow.

Ya know, I love cruising so much I've cut many things out of my life and only book the CHEAPESt cruises I can find...... but I'm an only child and I ..just.. can't .. share a cabin. Even when I've traveled with single friends we have our own cabins - or rooms (in Vegas).

I've definitely given it serious thought, but you go on 1, maybe 2 cruises or vacations/yr. It's doesn't seem to be the time to 'test' that sharing a cabin 'might' work; even with someone you enjoyed cruising with in the past.

Just my 2 cents :shrug!

Ya know, I love cruising so much I've cut many things out of my life and only book the CHEAPESt cruises I can find...... but I'm an only child and I ..just.. can't .. share a cabin. Even when I've traveled with single friends we have our own cabins - or rooms (in Vegas).

I've definitely given it serious thought, but you go on 1, maybe 2 cruises or vacations/yr. It's doesn't seem to be the time to 'test' that sharing a cabin 'might' work; even with someone you enjoyed cruising with in the past.

Amen to that. I know that some people are much more open than I am and that sharing a room with a stranger would work for them, but even with people I know, there are few people I would share a room/cabin with. I will keep looking for deals for solos - and, if/when I book a trip, will make friends aware so they can book their own arrangements. Vacations are to relax, and sharing my space is not relaxing for me!

Amen to that. I know that some people are much more open than I am and that sharing a room with a stranger would work for them, but even with people I know, there are few people I would share a room/cabin with. I will keep looking for deals for solos - and, if/when I book a trip, will make friends aware so they can book their own arrangements. Vacations are to relax, and sharing my space is not relaxing for me!

I am so with you on this one!!! I cannot imagine enjoying a vacation if I had to share with someone, whether it be a stranger or not. I cherish my space! I have resolved my self to spending much more than I would like to in order to protect my need for personal space. To each their own ... :)

I am so with you on this one!!! I cannot imagine enjoying a vacation if I had to share with someone, whether it be a stranger or not. I cherish my space! I have resolved my self to spending much more than I would like to in order to protect my need for personal space. To each their own ... :)

YES YES YES

I cruise SOLO to be SOLO!!!! It would not be a SOLO cruise to me if I had to share my cabin with anyone!!!!

Everyone is different. Personally, the cost to have a cabin by myself is a big part of what the vacation alone is about anyway so it is priceless to me... just to add, I am a single mom so when I do get the chance to go alone it is just so glorious!!!

I will third that motion! I just came back from a short cruise with my hubby and grandson (4 y/o)...Although it was nice, it was also very stressful trying to make things go okay. When I have someone with me, I feel like I have to entertain them or do what they wish. Hence, that is why I feel more relaxed going on my own solo. I do not like doing a "schedule" of any kind. I am the kind of person who is more or less someone who likes to make last minute decisions, whatever my mood. Nancy can vouch for that, can't you Nance? I went on a cruise last year with three close friends and never, ever again. What a mess! That's all I will say. Happy New Year. Let's hope we find what we're looking for for ourselves!

Just a word of caution regarding Transatlantic Crossings. I've done a B2B on the QM2 and we got into a storm. Very many people were sick and I didn't feel well at all (sit on my bed, watching TV all afternoon because I couldn't stand up or lay down without being sick). And I'm not someone who gets seasick very easily (but some people could also watch the storm all day from the bars, but not me).

The dinning room served only half their meals that night, it was very empty (I was there since the seas had calmed down by then).

The Atlantic ocean can be very rough at times (not all the time but who can predict?). I was on the best ocean liner ever built and felt very bad. If we were on a cruise ship, I'm sure I would have been miserable.

I'm not telling you not to go on that crossing but be aware that the Atlantic is more often rough than the Carribean usually are.

Personnally, I don't think I would do a Transatlantic Crossing on any other ship than QM2.

The worst storms I've been in were to the Bahamas and coming out of Cabo San Lucas. I've done 4 transatlantics so far, and while hitting "bad" weather once in the North Atlantic none were bad enough to make me change my mind about doing a transatlantic. Of course, I may be one of those people who can sit at a bar and watch the storm all day! I get bored when the water is like glass - I like feeling the ship's movement.

Yep, you'll find me in the bar watching the storm ;)! I saw the scarry pix (they were scarry!) from a TA 2-3 years ago (could've been the QM2) and I was somewhat disappointed we had such a smooth TA crossing :p.

I've been on a few cruises where the white bags were placed around the ship, but (knock on wood) I was good!

Would love to do another TA! I love all those sea days!

Nancy

I agree,

I have done 2 solo's and would never want to share a room again. It's so nice having your own space for the entire cruise.

PJ