Post CRUISE LINE Single Supplement/Solo Bargains HERE

cruisinryan

Hi Love2Cruise! Your new signature works :). Definitely looks like you need a cruise! Your dream cruise is a rare possibility! But last December my friend got a balcony on NCL Gem 9-day Transatlantic for $616! Balconies weren't availble when I finally booked, but I got an OCV for under $500. That's the best deal I've EVER seen for a solo! Keep looking (and reading this board!) You can usually get good deals on Repositioning and Transatlantic cruises.

BTW if we find a deal like that, I'm going too :D!

FYI, if you click on "User CP" (where you added your signature) you can edit your subscriptions. You can choose no email, weekly, daily or instant email.

Nancy

quote:

"I continue my dream of a:

1) single rate

2) 10+ day cruise

3) balcony cabin and

4) price under $1000

Shall I continue to dream"

I don't have a balcony but I was able to get a 10 night Caribbean

cruise with a window for a total of 918.00...that includes all the fees

and going solo:D....and that was booked directly through the

cruiseline.

I am very happy.......breaks down to 91.00 per night:)

I actually started out with an inside cabin.....the prices kept dropping

and dropping. I ended up with that window cabin AND STILL GOT MY

CREDIT CARD CREDITED BACK:D...the prices went way down!

The ship is Celebrity's GALAXY sailing out of San Juan. Now, I don't

know how the prices are now but even for a solo its very good;)

quote:

"I was able to get a 10 night Caribbean

cruise with a window for a total of 918.00...that includes all the fees

and going solo:D....and that was booked directly through the

cruiseline. ../ Now, I don't

know how the prices are now but even for a solo its very good;)

I got a similar deal to Lois', also booking directly with Celebrity during their post-Thanksgiving sales event for the Jan 30 Galaxy cruise. This will be my second solo cruise after trying out solo cruising with Century last winter. Can't wait!!:D

I got a similar deal to Lois', also booking directly with Celebrity during their post-Thanksgiving sales event for the Jan 30 Galaxy cruise. This will be my second solo cruise after trying out solo cruising with Century last winter. Can't wait!!:D

Excellent! Have a great trip!

Did anyone take advantage of any of the RCCL deals?

I didn't Nancy, but I found a cheap cruise for this coming week, a 4-nighter, that I originally planned to take my 4 y/o grandson, Kaden, on by myself, BUT, we had to upgrade to a balcony because my DH decided he wanted to come too. I'm taking a roll of duct tape so I can enjoy the cruise, not for Kaden, but for my hubby!:D

I didn't Nancy, but I found a cheap cruise for this coming week, a 4-nighter, that I originally planned to take my 4 y/o grandson, Kaden, on by myself, BUT, we had to upgrade to a balcony because my DH decided he wanted to come too. I'm taking a roll of duct tape so I can enjoy the cruise, not for Kaden, but for my hubby!:D

LOL! Have fun!

I just got off a Thanksgiving week cruise and now face a week at Christmas with my family. I think I did it backwards.

I'll be back in California with the family again in July and now I'm thinking about taking a cruise afterwards to unwind. Since I'll already be on the West Coast, I'm thinking either Alaska or Mexico, but I would also consider a New England cruise since I live in Maryland.

Does anyone know when the deals for these show up? Or am I dreaming that there will be any deals at all? I'm open to any line if the price is right and I can definitely book at the last minute.

So glad you're thinking of me :p. I keep checking the prices, but still too $$ for me.... and I hate that NCL doesn't offer any kind of ocb if the price goes down. I've thought about booking an inside :confused: and hoping to upgrade for free/cheap, but??

How was your Thanksgiving? Better hurry up and get to chicago and visit the radio station(s) - another one bites the dust: Steve Dahl was let go Friday (I KNOW you remember him from the 70's [different station -- the LUP?!!). So far everyone at US99 is still there, but you never know!

Great to hear from you!

Nancy,

Never was much of a Steve Dahl fan but he sure has been in the Chicagoland area for a number of years that's for sure. You know that Pat and Laura have signed up for the cruise along with Mike and Tracey so far. Would be nice to cruise together again. One thing for sure is that the roll call has been very active so far.

You won't be seeing me in Chicago anytime soon, especially with high temps in the teens! I remember sitting in Soldier Field watching a Bears game in that weather......no thanks!

Have agreat holiday season and we look forward to seeing you either in Chi-Town or on another cruise in the near future!

I am going 2 cruises before you! Too bad you can't move back

to the 9th:)

Hello! Since you have cruised so many times w/Celebrity...how would a TA be On the Summit? As far as enought to do on the sea days, 5 in a row (11/28/09) I am in mid 40's, probably many will be alot older but I love the itinerary, it is different. Not sure if it will too late though, weather wise. Thanks for any input!

I am going 2 cruises before you! Too bad you can't move back

to the 9th:)

Hello! Since you have cruised so many times w/Celebrity...how would a TA be On the Summit? As far as enought to do on the sea days, 5 in a row (11/28/09) I am in mid 40's, probably many will be alot older but I love the itinerary, it is different. Not sure if it will too late though, weather wise. Thanks for any input!

Hi,:) I have never done a Transatlantic cruise:(....it is on

my "TO DO LIST":D

Darcie has done them though and hopefully she will see this

post and can give you some first hand insight.

I will tell you they normally have the standard activities. Trivia,

Wine Tastings, etc......

I am 50 and would love 5 sea days....do you like to read?

I would say those days would be wonderful for catching up

on a few good books too:)

Edited by Lois R

I have done a few Transatlantics on Cunard QM2 and I love them, I particularly like the back to back where you sail west then east over 12 days and there is no flying involved.

here are a couple of links to reviews by previous pax and I am unable to express it better, the first is a review of the ship and the second of the voayage.

The first describes Penny's experiences on a Caribbean cruise: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=471053

The second relates Pepperrn's Transatlantic crossing ("TA") escapade: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=514324

Enjoy

Just remember that the Transatlantic Ocean can be extremely rough at times (other times, it might be a sea of glass). We had a storm (force 11 winds... on a 12 scale) and I was glad I was on the best ocean liner (QM2) and not on a regular cruise ship.

Just remember that the Transatlantic Ocean can be extremely rough at times (other times, it might be a sea of glass). We had a storm (force 11 winds... on a 12 scale) and I was glad I was on the best ocean liner (QM2) and not on a regular cruise ship.

I agree and currently Cunard are offering a 25% load on solo occupancy transatlantic rather than their normal 70%

I can't seem to find the 25% supplement sailings on the Cunard website. Is there a specific one you are referencing?

It seems that the offer has either been withdrawn or has expired, I know that it was very popular and I was speaking to my TA about it earlier this week. It may still be worth a call. Apologies... :(

I have found RCCL "Tuesday Happy Hour" offering some incredible Single supplements,,,,I am doing Australia 1-23-09, got air RT from Miami, 14 day cruise, oceanview for 3300 and a 200 shipboard credit. the airfare alone to Australia is over 2,000 or more.

I fly American to LAX, LAx on Qantas...

MArlene

Also did 28 days on RCCL going from Fort LAuderdale to Buenos Aires, with air....3800..single supplement and when I got to the port in Fort LAuderdale they upgraded me to a balcony(that has never happened)...from an oceanview).

The bargains are out there