Adult Deck

Hurricane Girl

We were on the Glory this past week and on the second sea day, security came up on the adult deck and made all the women put their tops on. I know Carnival has changed the signage and they do not promote topless anymore, so I don't need any lectures on that, I was just wondering if this has happened to anyone else on any ships. I personally think someone complained about it.

We were on the Glory this past week and on the second sea day, security came up on the adult deck and made all the women put their tops on. I know Carnival has changed the signage and they do not promote topless anymore, so I don't need any lectures on that, I was just wondering if this has happened to anyone else on any ships. I personally think someone complained about it.

It probably was a health code violation, as most of the women that do this make most of the rest of us vomit. (just kidding) :D

Why anyone would bother complaining about this is beyond me. The ship is huge, if it bothers you, just go someplace else. GEEEEEEEEESH ! ! :eek:

I will be on my first cruise in Dec. Where is the adult deck? Is there an adult only pool? From what I have ready so far, I didn't think the Glory had an "adult only" area and/or pool. Thank you for your response. ragu

Although it has been posted here ad nauseum, Carnival decided some time ago that the Sun deck, also informally known as the topless deck, would be no more. Varied reasons....on the Miracle, for example, kids at the head of the line on the slide had a great view of the Sun Deck.

So, they are turning that deck into other things. On the Inspiration and Imagination, and other ships of that series getting the new changes, it becomes a putt-putt course.

Like it or not, it is gone.

I will be on my first cruise in Dec. Where is the adult deck? Is there an adult only pool? From what I have ready so far, I didn't think the Glory had an "adult only" area and/or pool. Thank you for your response. ragu

The adult only (21 & older) deck is at the back of the ship. Go inside the basketball court & up the steps. There is no adult only pool.

Although it has been posted here ad nauseum, Carnival decided some time ago that the Sun deck, also informally known as the topless deck, would be no more. Varied reasons....on the Miracle, for example, kids at the head of the line on the slide had a great view of the Sun Deck.

So, they are turning that deck into other things. On the Inspiration and Imagination, and other ships of that series getting the new changes, it becomes a putt-putt course.

Like it or not, it is gone.

Maybe you don't know how to understand what you are reading very well. As I stated in my first post "I know Carnival has changed the signage and they do not promote topless anymore, so I don't need any lectures on that, I was just wondering if this has happened to anyone else on any ships." I know the reasons they took it away and I know the other things they are turning those decks into.

It was not just informally known as the topless deck, you can click on my webshots link for the Elation cruise & the very first pic. there you will see the sign that Carnival use to have and it clearly said "top optional".

I did not want this thread turning into lectures of "why it is gone."

If thats the case that stinks. I was looking forward in joing my wife for some topless sunbathing. I for one am all for topless sunbathing they let you do it in Vegas now.

Sorry, it will not happen on Glory. In May it was still there on Triumph but she is in drydock right now & it too will be gone when she comes out.

I thought the pool on the fantail (on Spirit class at least...) was an adult only pool??? Not for topless mind you....just no kids in the pool or area. I was looking forward to utilizing that area!!! Not that I don't like kids....I have 5 of my own....but I cruise without them and look forward to my "adult time".

I thought the pool on the fantail (on Spirit class at least...) was an adult only pool??? Not for topless mind you....just no kids in the pool or area. I was looking forward to utilizing that area!!! Not that I don't like kids....I have 5 of my own....but I cruise without them and look forward to my "adult time".

Sorry, Not on Glory. I specifically looked at the signs in that area. (I know that question has came up on here before) The only ones I noticed said children must be accompanied by an adult (or something like that). There were some children in that pool as well as the others. The only adult area is the area above the basketball court. (that has a sign) (and the spa area, I think it is 16 and up)

Yes, on all Spirit Class ships the aft pool is an ADULT POOL.

You are correct, and on the Legend in August security enforced the rule and kept persons under the age of 18 out of the pool.

Hurricane GirlCan you tell me about the adult only area or post a picture.

I too have kids of my own but they're no longer children. I enjoy the no kids areas of the ship when cruising. I have to admit my oldest DD will be with us this go around. She is now 21 though.

Is there a bar/drink area in there? Do they enforce the 21+ only rule? Are there loungers and shaded areas? Can you smoke there (if not I will go else before any complaines).

Thanks!

Hurricane GirlCan you tell me about the adult only area or post a picture.

I too have kids of my own but they're no longer children. I enjoy the no kids areas of the ship when cruising. I have to admit my oldest DD will be with us this go around. She is now 21 though.

Is there a bar/drink area in there? Do they enforce the 21+ only rule? Are there loungers and shaded areas? Can you smoke there (if not I will go else before any complaines).

Thanks!

On the Glory (which has not gotten the upgrade yet) the area is rather small, I don't think we have a pic. of the area, maybe someone else does. If you go up to the jogging track go through the gate to the basketball court and you will see the steps to the left as you go through the gate, the adult area is up the steps. There is no bar up there but the waitstaff come up on the deck regularly and take drink orders. There are plenty of loungers on the deck but no shaded areas, it gets very hot up there unless you have a good breeze and when you have a good breeze make sure your personal items are secure (including flip-flops) as the breeze will blow the items away. You can smoke up there just take your own ash tray with you. There is a shower up there also to help keep you cooled off. I did not see an issue with younger children/teens up on the deck but on other ships when children/teens would come up there other guests on the deck would let them know very quickly they were not allowed and the children/teens would leave and not come back. The first sea day women were laying out topless all over the deck and no one said anything but the second sea day security came up there and told them it was no longer topless. Most of them moved chairs around and still went topless. Me I left...didn't care for the issues...I can find a nice beach else where and go topless don't have to do it on the ship. ;) It is a relaxing place to be though. Hope you enjoy your cruise!!! Wish we were still there!!!

Perhaps they are ENFORCING the policy of no longer allowing Tops Optional ??? You are probably correct... it offends some people and Carnival did make the changes so whats the big deal if it is being enforced on other ships or not ?

Perhaps they are ENFORCING the policy of no longer allowing Tops Optional ??? You are probably correct... it offends some people and Carnival did make the changes so whats the big deal if it is being enforced on other ships or not ?

I would think if they were ENFORCING the policy they would have came up there on the first sea day and ENFORCED it then as well. There is no big deal to it. I am just curious if this has happened before. On the Glory as well, not just just on other ships.

Maybe you don't know how to understand what you are reading very well. As I stated in my first post "I know Carnival has changed the signage and they do not promote topless anymore, so I don't need any lectures on that, I was just wondering if this has happened to anyone else on any ships." I know the reasons they took it away and I know the other things they are turning those decks into.

It was not just informally known as the topless deck, you can click on my webshots link for the Elation cruise & the very first pic. there you will see the sign that Carnival use to have and it clearly said "top optional".

I did not want this thread turning into lectures of "why it is gone."

Well, eexxccuussee meee! Carnival does not have a tops optional area anywhere. As you so eloquently said, CARNIVAL USED TO HAVE A SIGN. I guess you understand what that means....it isn't there anymore. It is not that they do not promote it....they do not allow it. Big difference. Also, it was never "the topless deck". It was, and still is, the Sun Deck. Again, big difference.

I wasn't trying to one-up you, so please don't chastise me when you are ill-informed.

On the Legend in July, had no problem at all. A group of Dads with some younger teens cut across and were rude, so I simply asked a drink guy to get security, security asked the kids to leave and informed the Dads they were the ones breaking the rules but had no problem with my toplessness.

I have not been asked once to cover up on the sundeck and we have at least 4 cruises in on Carnival since the change up. FYI- mine have not gone south and never will as long as I have my "fund"!:eek:

There was an older teenage guy who would come up and lay out every day on the sun deck. It was usually just him, myself and a couple of the dance team members. Since he was just enjoying the view and not making an ass of himself we all tolerated his presence just fine.

Sorry you were not able to enjoy all the sun deck has to offer........poo on security in this case. Live and let live!

Well, eexxccuussee meee! Carnival does not have a tops optional area anywhere. As you so eloquently said, CARNIVAL USED TO HAVE A SIGN. I guess you understand what that means....it isn't there anymore. It is not that they do not promote it....they do not allow it. Big difference. Also, it was never "the topless deck". It was, and still is, the Sun Deck. Again, big difference.

I wasn't trying to one-up you, so please don't chastise me when you are ill-informed.

PLEASE FORGIVE ME!!! I didn't mean to be so harsh!!! I took your response as being smart a@@ed and I responded back that way, which I normally will not do on here.

Now to this post from you. I do understand that the sign is not there anymore. I also understand they do not promote it or allow it and I know that is a BIG difference. I also know it was not "the topless deck" I also know that on the layout of the ship it is called the Sun Deck but as you can see in the picture it is called the Funnel Deck. :D

Please don't be offended by this post...I'm only answering back to your response. :)

On the Legend in July, had no problem at all. A group of Dads with some younger teens cut across and were rude, so I simply asked a drink guy to get security, security asked the kids to leave and informed the Dads they were the ones breaking the rules but had no problem with my toplessness.

I have not been asked once to cover up on the sundeck and we have at least 4 cruises in on Carnival since the change up. FYI- mine have not gone south and never will as long as I have my "fund"!:eek:

There was an older teenage guy who would come up and lay out every day on the sun deck. It was usually just him, myself and a couple of the dance team members. Since he was just enjoying the view and not making an ass of himself we all tolerated his presence just fine.

Sorry you were not able to enjoy all the sun deck has to offer........poo on security in this case. Live and let live!

We were able to enjoy the deck in May on Triumph and did one day and a couple of hours on Glory. Happy to hear that you have had a good time enjoying them without security. Like I said in a previous post I can still go to some beaches and enjoy time there. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Not wanting to pull this thread to far OT but, we just got off the Pride and I was rather surprised to find that the F deck did not have a golf course on it, I could well be wrong here, but I thought that the reason given for no longer having to top optional deck was because the course was going in there ???

Anyways...on our cruise there was not anyone going topless (except the men) but most of the time there was only 8 - 10 people up there, it is still the best place on the ship to lay out...and we couldn't get bar service up there to save our lives, a big change from when it was the real F deck.

Archived