Who can help me with making a decision brilliance of the seas

gekke henkie

:confused: :confused: We booked a cabin on the brilliance Midship balcony class Ddeck 9,now because we are seniors we can upgrade to a junior suite at Deck 10 at the back of the ship.

Cannot make are minds up,thank you for helping us

I would always prefer the larger stateroom but it really depends how much more it would cost compared to a standard balcony cabin. If money is no option for you then go for it.

:confused: :confused: We booked a cabin on the brilliance Midship balcony class Ddeck 9,now because we are seniors we can upgrade to a junior suite at Deck 10 at the back of the ship.

Cannot make are minds up,thank you for helping us

Do you mean right on the back of the ship, or on the side near the back?

Some of the side cabins on Deck 10 are under the outdoor area of the Windjammer and there is noise from above early in the morning and late at night. We had JS1094 on Serenade and I think this is under the WJ kitchens. Noise was a problem!

The central cabins are in a fabulous location with close proximity to elevators. This is where my Mom (a senior) prefers to sail both for the convenience and also so as to not get seasick. She is very susceptable to motion sickness, however. If mobility and motion sickness are not problems and if the JS overlooks the wake of the ship (Looks straight out the back), then I would change.

Dorie

The central cabins are in a fabulous location with close proximity to elevators. This is where my Mom (a senior) prefers to sail both for the convenience and also so as to not get seasick. She is very susceptable to motion sickness, however. If mobility and motion sickness are not problems and if the JS overlooks the wake of the ship (Looks straight out the back), then I would change.

Dorie

Thank you Dorie,My mom and i cruised once before and we stayed at the back of a ncl ship,we did not have any problems with sea sicknes.So i have changed my booking into a junior suite.

Do you mean right on the back of the ship, or on the side near the back?

Some of the side cabins on Deck 10 are under the outdoor area of the Windjammer and there is noise from above early in the morning and late at night. We had JS1094 on Serenade and I think this is under the WJ kitchens. Noise was a problem!

Hello UK traveler,i am a very stupid girl:( ,did not read your text,i booked the JS and after reading your comment i had a look to the ship and you are wright it is under the windjammer cafe.Try to cancel and have to ask my old cabin back:o .So you will hear from me,thank you for your advice!!!!!

Stupid me

Keep the JS!!! It's soooooo much larger and nicer than a regular room! Any noise from the WJ is not annoying--if you hear anything at all! We have been in that location, and did hear some chair scraping at times, but never during "sleeping" hours!

[We have been in that location, and did hear some chair scraping at times, but never during "sleeping" hours!

Thanks to everybody who helped me.I made the decision to change JS back to balcony D.The reason was maybe we do have noise from the windjammer cafe.And guess what now we have our same cabin back for a lower price:) :) .I am so happy now saved me 250 Euros for the cabin.Lucky me

Good for you, Gekke. And just for the record, we were in "that area" also and heard some noise and I don't know about you, but at 5 or 6 am, I am sleeping. cb at sea must lead a charmed life...never any noise in any cabin...Amazing. Good for her as well, the rest of us mere mortals are sometimes not so lucky! Enjoy your cruise!

We had cabin #1100 on the Radiance and never heard any chair scraping or noise from the Windjammer directly above us. Maybe it was when we were out of the cabin during the day, but we never heard a peep with the exception of pulling into port early in the morning. When that happened, we were roused very early by all the vibration and noise. It only lasted about 20 mins. or so though.

The only downfall to that location is the long, long walk to the midship elevators. From the deck plans, it looks like there are stairs in the aft section, but they are for crew only and are in a closed-off area.

You can sometimes slip up the stairs right by the cabin to go to the Windjammer, but it's not always easy to do. If a long walk to the mid-ship elevators doesn't bother you, then go for it. :)

Thanks to everybody who helped me.I made the decision to change JS back to balcony D.The reason was maybe we do have noise from the windjammer cafe.And guess what now we have our same cabin back for a lower price:) :) .I am so happy now saved me 250 Euros for the cabin.Lucky me

I am so pleased it worked out well for you. :)

We personally love the space in the JS, but since that first time under the WJ, we are very careful about the cabin locations we pick.

Good for you, Gekke. And just for the record, we were in "that area" also and heard some noise and I don't know about you, but at 5 or 6 am, I am sleeping. cb at sea must lead a charmed life...never any noise in any cabin...Amazing. Good for her as well, the rest of us mere mortals are sometimes not so lucky! Enjoy your cruise!

:D :D

Archived