Princess Hotel used in Ft Laud Layover

rcacace

We're using a Princess hotel during a 1 day layover during a B2B cruise in Fort Lauderdale, at what time did the shuttle leave the hotel to get you to the ship? Also did they do the check-in procedure at the hotel or have the normal check-in at the terminal?

Thanks.

we did that once, and would never, ever, do it again....since that time, all of our b2bs are on the same ship. It was a nightmare....when we arrived, there were no rooms ready.....waited hours to get a room and were stuck at a hotel near the airport with nothing else around.....only place to eat was the hotel and the prices were horribly high for very bad food.....had to assemble early in the day and waited hours in a meeting room for the bus to arrive to take us to the ship.....all the while, lugging our bags around.

other than that, I hope you have fun.....

we did that once, and would never, ever, do it again....since that time, all of our b2bs are on the same ship. It was a nightmare....when we arrived, there were no rooms ready.....waited hours to get a room and were stuck at a hotel near the airport with nothing else around.....only place to eat was the hotel and the prices were horribly high for very bad food.....had to assemble early in the day and waited hours in a meeting room for the bus to arrive to take us to the ship.....all the while, lugging our bags around.

other than that, I hope you have fun.....

Wow it's hard to believe that things could have been so bad. :confused: Our B2B cruises are on two different ships so they can't afford to keep us on the ship to long. I'm assuming that the hotel we'll be at is among the others in the area where there are loads of restaurants to eat that night. If the food is that high priced I can always walk down the street in my formal attire. To bad you had such a lousy time. :(

Sounds like Princess has you in a pre/post stay hotel for that one night? If so, they use either Marriot FLL North or the Renaissance. Pickups are usually mid-day. It involves timing the busloads of departing pax in the a.m. and the busloads of arriving pax in the late morning/early afternoon and squeezing the overnighters in there somewhere. You may want to forego the shuttle and take a taxi if you want to get to the ship early. Check in is usually at the ship.

Sounds like Princess has you in a pre/post stay hotel for that one night? If so, they use either Marriot FLL North or the Renaissance. Pickups are usually mid-day. It involves timing the busloads of departing pax in the a.m. and the busloads of arriving pax in the late morning/early afternoon and squeezing the overnighters in there somewhere. You may want to forego the shuttle and take a taxi if you want to get to the ship early. Check in is usually at the ship.

We'll probably get together with another couple & split a cab otherwise it sounds as though the crowds will already be at the terminal.

Archived