Forward or Aft

Love2Cruise - IL

It's either/or--think of a see-saw--the center of the board stays relatively still while the ends go up and down.... A ship is just like that! But, if those are your only choices, go aft--at least you won't have the slapping of the water at the front of the ship to contend with!

And bear in mind that if the seas are calm, there won't be much motion anywhere!

DH and I are going to have our first balcony room!!! My questions is, which would be less motion, a forward room or aft room?:confused:

If motion is a concern, try to book near the center. But if you must have forward or aft, the aft is your best bet. If the ship was sitting still, it would be a see-saw. But because it is moving forward, the forward, bow area gets the most motion. The bow comes to a point, which means it sinks down into the water more than the aft does. Plus, cruise ships are made to flex, which cuts down the motion in the aft.

I spent many years at sea in the military. You can say I'm sorta an expert on the way ships ride.

Archived