Guaranteed Cabin!

Fighterone

We are booked on the Ecstasy with a guaranteed 6A. Our documents came in with a TBA cabin assignment 6 weeks prior to departure.

I read somewhere that Carnival now assigns guaranteed cabins a couple of weeks ahead of the sail.

Was this true for you if you also had a guarantee? or did you find out at the dock on sailing day?

Did you look on the back of the sign & Sail card, down at the bottom. there is a long string of numbers, letters and asterisks. the first numbers will match your booking number. then it will either be GTEE or somthing similar or a 4 digit cabin number or a letter indicating deck with a three digit cabin number, depending on the ship.

If it still says GTEE, there are other ways to find out but a lot more work.

That is their new policy, but it seems that they are doing it for some and not others... I would imagine that it will probably go into full effect around first of the year... things like that take time to put into place. The first time we booked a guarantee we found out at the pier and had a good upgrade (moved up several decks, same category)... this time I found out about 6 weeks out and was moved up one deck... I liked the first one better :D LOL...

True - you don't get your actual S&S card until you get to the pier. What is being referred to here is the card (page) in your documents that you fill out with your charge card information to secure your S&S account. It shows everyones name that is sailing and wants to know how you are going to pay for your charges. On the backside of the card (page) is where you will find the long string of numbers. As stated eariler - The first numbers will match your booking number. Then it will either be GTEE or somthing similar or a 4 digit cabin number or a letter indicating deck with a three digit cabin number, depending on the ship. Hope this helps.

OK, so bare with me...I just booked guaranteed room on Dec 2005 Elation. Can someone explain exactly what this means, and what I might expect as far as possible upgrades? While this will be our 3rd cruise, this is the first time I have booked guaranteed room. Thanks for your patience with someone who is new to this aspect of cruising!:)

Debbie-

By booking a guaranteed room, you are guaranteed to have a room in th ecategory you booked (inside, outside or balcony) or a higher category. For example, if you booked a 4A (inside) guarantee you could be placed in a 4A, 4B, 4C or even moved up to an outside room. A guarantee is a trade off--by giving Carnival this flexibility in your room placement you usually pay less than someone who picks their own 4A room. PLUS, you have a fairly high likelihood of being upgraded at least a deck or two. On our last cruise we were upgraded from inside to outside and were very happy.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the information Kelly. Booking 13 months out, we are hoping (but certainly not counting on) for an upgrade. But, even if we don't get it, we are really excited about this cruise!

Oh and Grumpy1...I am ignoring you...;)

Still have not receive my docs yet. I booked a balcony guarentee. Checking on Yahoo cruise travel there are quite number of balconies open including 7 extended balconies (9A).

I wonder if it is possible that Carnival in its great wisdom, (this would be my 12 Carnival cruise if you count a cruise on HAL, and that I am a stockholder, hey, a hundred shares is nothing to sneeze at.) would upgrade me to 9A.

If they do not sell why not.

I do believe in miracles.

STAN

Seauonboard,

No, we have not found our cabin number yet. Thanks for asking, we are not fairing at all, yet.

Despite 15 additional posts, I still do not have an answer to my original question.

Debihen, you might have better success at getting an answer to your question if you post a new thread instead of posting under mine.

I think the answer to your original question (which I DID try to answer) is that right now, in the midst of the policy change... some ARE getting docs 6 weeks out with cabin assignments and some ARE NOT getting docs 6 weeks out. Some are getting docs 1 week out, still listed as TBA, some are getting docs 1 week out with an assignment. You can search all over the boards over the past few weeks and see that it is not consistent yet, since this is a new policy. Typically, you get your docs about 2 weeks out but wait until you get to the pier to get your assignment... that is starting to change, slowly... last year, we received docs 11 days out, TBA. This year, we received docs 1 week out with our assignment already listed. It's just not consistent, so there is really no consistent answer.... sorry we couldn't give you the answer you were looking for :( If you were not succesful looking on the back of your S&S application as Lovebirds suggested (and it still lists GTEE) you MAY have to wait until you get to the pier to find out... good luck!

I got my documents a few weeks ago for my November 21st cruise aboard the Pride. I too booked a guarantee, and didn't realize one could figure out the cabin number by checking the credit page among the documents. Wow...was I surprised - I booked a 4A inside and my docs say I'm in room 1108 - a low end outside cabin! I'm thrilled to say the least, if indeed this is our cabin! I won't get my hopes up too much.

Does anyone know how likely it is we will have a different stateroom - or even get down graded? Just curious.

Thanks for the advice!!

Fighterone, did you find you cabin number? We just got our docs for our December 6th cruise. We booked an OV guarantee and by looking on the back of the "Sail and Sign Account and Guest Ticket Contract Acknowledgement" in our documents we found our cabin number. Flip that page over and starting on the bottom left is a string of numbers. The first six are your booking number followed by your cabin number (in our case M37) then two asterisks then the year and date (20041206) then some more numbers then our name.

We found out we were upgraded one level to Main deck (so far that is). I'm not expecting any further upgrade but I've heard it CAN happen.

Good luck!

We are booked on the Ecstasy with a guaranteed 6A. Our documents came in with a TBA cabin assignment 6 weeks prior to departure.

I read somewhere that Carnival now assigns guaranteed cabins a couple of weeks ahead of the sail.

Was this true for you if you also had a guarantee? or did you find out at the dock on sailing day?

They only have to do cabin assignments if you have a guarantee.... the ones who don't do a guarantee picked their cabin number at the time of booking so they already know what it is. Some people will know the cabin number ahead of time and others will need to wait until they reach the dock. There is no way of telling who will know ahead of time and who will not.

Eventually everyone will know approx 6 weeks out, but since the policy is so new, I would imagine they are having trouble implementing it... but it does seem they are moving closer to having this system in place... thank goodness! I am envisioning about 40 less threads a day once it is in place, LOL ;)

Archived